How to post pictures?

You can upload the image to discord and then click open original and copy paste the link from there.

Laptop/PC method

Right-click on the image
Click on Copy Image Location
Place the cursor where you want the image
Click on the Insert Image icon on the opened frame menu (between the Insert Link and Smiley Face icons)
Paste in the http:// link address by placing the cursor in the address field and pressing Ctrl+V
Click Insert

You can easily re-size the image by clicking on the upper right corner and then "dragging the corner" toward the center of the image.
If the image link won't paste, it's protected & you won't be able to use it.

PM me if you're having problems.

Last edited:
You can also add them to your Imgur and then copy, there's an option not to post them

Laptop/PC method

Right-click on the image
Click on Copy Image Location
Click on the Insert Image icon on the opened frame menu (between the Insert Link and Smiley Face icons)
Paste in the http:// link address by placing the cursor in the address field and pressing Ctrl+V
Click Insert

You can easily re-size the image by clicking on the upper right corner and then "dragging the corner" toward the center of the image.

PM me if you're having problems.
Hi can you elaborate on - "copy image location" - I tried windows and linux I dont seem to have that option in context menu? Thanks.

Hi can you elaborate on - "copy image location" - I tried windows and linux I dont seem to have that option in context menu? Thanks.
Sorry, for Windows, the correct right-click option is "Copy Image Link", so...

Right-click on the image
Click on Copy Image Link
Click Insert

Questions?

Sorry, for Windows, the correct right-click option is "Copy Image Link", so...

Right-click on the image
Click on Copy Image Link
Click Insert

Questions?
This is bizarre it should be computing 101 but I can't get an image imbeded. I follow your instructions and the box always gives me a message - "Image cannot be loaded from the passed link." I am not sure what a "passed link" is that is not a typo on my part thats what the dialog box tells me. I have spent enough time. Anyways thanks.

This is bizarre it should be computing 101 but I can't get an image imbeded. I follow your instructions and the box always gives me a message - "Image cannot be loaded from the passed link." I am not sure what a "passed link" is that is not a typo on my part thats what the dialog box tells me. I have spent enough time. Anyways thanks.
If you're getting the message "Image cannot be loaded from passed link", that means the image is protected & you won't be able to use that one. Try another until my instructions work, just so you can see that they will eventually. Most images out there are not protected. The general rule is, if one doesn't work, find a similar one that will.​

Questions?

the image has to be on the web, reachable at a url.

you can’t post images stored on your local hard disk directly. bluelight can’t access your hard disk.

alasdair

A lot of the relies are hashign out the how-to which is already in our Info Bluelight Support FAQ with the specific post of How do I insert an image into a post? If something more needs to be added to that FAQ, please advise and we'll update it.

OP seems more concerned with not using imagur than the how-to. As noted, these basics apply:
  • Attachments are disabled on our site.
  • The link to an image cannot be to a location on your hard drive (PC, Laptop, etc) and it must be an image hosting site.
  • Often, the images you find can simply be right clicked and 'copy image location' from wherever you find them, and past that image address here when posting.
  • Sometimes images on the web cannot be right clicked and 'copy image location', in such instances we recommend you search (google, bing, whatever) to find the image and get a location you can copy.
  • Failing that, you may need to SAVE the image to your hard drive, and THEN upload it to an image hosting site of which imagur is only one (lmgtfy) and you can copy location from there.

you can't upload a picture to bluelight. you need to first upload it to an image hosting site (there are many sites that do this, many of them for free e.g. https://postimages.org/)

you'll need the url/link to the picture on the hosting site (to get the url/link just right click the image you uploaded to the hostign site and choose "copy image address"

then you add the picture to your post via the little image icon in the toolbar or just press <control><p> (windows) or <command><p> (macos) while typing your post. paste in the url/link and you're done.

alasdair

cactus.jpg

srry was a simple test using the link alasdairm kindly posted for this proceedure, works well

What you need to do, is find which ever picture you want to reply with.

Once you have it's location down (sometimes I keep mine on my desktop to locate easier).

Next, you need to go to a image hosting site. I usually use imgur

When you get there, you can either upload singles, or multiples.

I click the right-hand side where it says [Chose photo/video]

Now, look around where your picture might be. You see where desktop would be a tad easier in finding it,,, but you can still look for a folder on your desktop.

Once you find the photo, click it and then click "open"

Now wait, let it do it's magics. Might show some adds n shit, so if you join imgur (for free) you won't see any adds.

Now you see your picture, wait like 3 seconds then right-click the picture. and click on 'open image in new tab'.

Next thing you want to do is to copy the URL in the new image. It should be i.imgur.com/******.jpg

Now go to which ever thread you had wanted to reply with a picture.

Look at your tool bar in the text/reply box. you should see a url/chain thing, and a picture box next to it. (if you are having a hard time seeing this then just look up top of the text/reply box)

click on the image(picture box thing) and a you should see a hyperlink thing, now just paste your picture there and click on insert.

And done!

Hope this can help.

you can't upload a picture to bluelight. you need to first upload it to an image hosting site (there are many sites that do this, many of them for free e.g. https://postimages.org/)

you'll need the url/link to the picture on the hosting site (to get the url/link just right click the image you uploaded to the hostign site and choose "copy image address"

then you add the picture to your post via the little image icon in the toolbar or just press <control><p> (windows) or <command><p> (macos) while typing your post. paste in the url/link and you're done.

alasdair
Which address the link or the direct link?

you need the url of the actual image. it'll usually look something like this: https://myawesomeimagehosting.com/r/1125/image009z.png

or something like that.

alasdair