• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids how to maxamize opiod effect of tramadol

Epiper888

Bluelighter
To me Tramadol is a want to be opiate. It feels close to an opiate but isn't quite right. That doesn't mean I don't like it, I was wondering if there are anyways to maximize mu effects of Tramadol and make it feel more like a true opiate.

I heard staggering dosages helps the enzyme that breaks it down.(to lazy to look up name) so any other ways that might work?

Thanks

Got nothing useful by way of suggestion but just wanted to say as I have said many times before - Tramadol is a weird drug. Like you say Epiper88, it wants to be an opiate but falls short, it makes me feel anxious and weird and has nil effect on my pain issues, it's personality is split for sure....Personally, between you and me, I don't think Tramadol knows what it's doing, every time I have tried to have a conversation with her, she starts out coherent but then just babbles on and forgets what the question was. I just leave her alone for now.

Benzo's...Not high doses, like if you have no tolerance to them start with 0.5mg of klonopin or xanax, if you do have a toleracne to BOTH opiates and benzo's then like 2mg..Valium goes good with it the best IME....Oh and weed. Just know your tolerance and all that.

I just went through 90, 50mg pills. The benzodiazepines definitely help, but a trick I learned was to stagger my doses, for example 50mg/hour staggered up to say 250mg. That's 50mg/hour for 5 hours. I definitely had more of an opiate feeling. I would wait till then and dose the benzodiazepines.

Maybe you could take a small amount of benzo to help get things started in the beginning.

If you can get your hands on Codeine, Tramadol and codeine mixture with quinine and grapefruit juice is far more potent than people realize. If you take the two together at an effective and safe dose, it feels similar to heroin or oxycodone with a kind of rushiness to it. Failing that I would combine it with Naproxen and quinine and grapefruit juice which boost it a bit, though don't make tramadol anything great on it's own, but if you take it with codeine, the combo makes two boring and weak opiates a pretty damn good substitute for good drugs. that being said be very careful doing this, as a professhional junkie i have half my life doing such combos.

i would not take benzos as people have offered as this increases sedation and can be a serious risk to breathing.

I guese...but it's tramadol and I think the guy has a tolerance. A bonus to the benzo's is Tramadol is known to cause seizures, benzo's prevent that...pretty sure I would have had one a few times If I didn't have benzo's at the doses I was taking.... Oh, hydrocodone goes well with it also 200mg of Tram and 40mg of that put me in the harderst nods ever when I first started...but again, know your tolerance and all that...

If you can get your hands on Codeine, Tramadol and codeine mixture with quinine and grapefruit juice is far more potent than people realize. If you take the two together at an effective and safe dose, it feels similar to heroin or oxycodone with a kind of rushiness to it. Failing that I would combine it with Naproxen and quinine and grapefruit juice which boost it a bit, though don't make tramadol anything great on it's own, but if you take it with codeine, the combo makes two boring and weak opiates a pretty damn good substitute for good drugs. that being said be very careful doing this, as a professhional junkie i have half my life doing such combos.

i would not take benzos as people have offered as this increases sedation and can be a serious risk to breathing.
I agree skull. At least it's something to consider. But at the same time, technically the benzo addition could be dangerous, I feel it is more for preventing seizures. First off, I forgot about the grapefruit juice and quinine, but I also took some tram with oxycodone, and that was pretty good. I played with my 90 Tramadol, so I don't know how much you can do with them. From the way it sounds, I wouldn't mind trying them with codeine. I have moved up to Oxycodone for now.

Ive been prescribed tramadol for about a year now 120 a month. I kind of use them for when I don't have anything else which is all the time right now because I'm out of a job. Plus Tramadol are pretty cheap so i can purchase a few extra. I try not to go above 500mg a day because I dont want to waste to many of them and end up running out at the end of the month. Anyways what I've noticed us after being on them this long they don't get me high at all even if I take 10 of them, ever if I stagger the doses like many suggest. I don't care about the seizure risk ive taken 20 at a time before and never had one possibly because I am prescribed 2mg of klonopin a day as well for anxiety.

Anyways the best way to get high off them is not do them very often, Tolerance seems to build more so than it does with Hydros or Oxys for example.

Tramadol is a prodrug which means it must be metabolized by the liver into O-desmythltramadol its m1 metabolite. And everyone is different in how they react it believe it has to do with how well a certain part of your liver works, I don't remember the name of that part right now. Anyways I used to be able to achieve a pretty good buzz or nod off of tramadol when I would only take it on rare occasions but now that I take it every day I really cant say Ive caught anything similar to a buzz or euphoria from even doses of up to 500mg. I just notice it keeps me out of withdrawal and maybe helps a little with pain in general. It doesn't really give me energy, I mean I have more than if I didn't take it. Basically If I do take it I feel normal, If I don't take it I feel like I am in hell. Better than nothing thought I almost feel like I am on "tramadol maintenance" It has a long half life so I can actually take around 200 mgs in the AM and be good all day, no withdrawals, I usually like to take another 50-100 mg at night but I'm not sure if its necessary. I am almost glad I am prescribed something like this rather than Percocet,Vicodin, Nycynta or anything like that because I wouldnt be able to control my self and Id go through my whole script in a week. Tramadol is hard to abuse regularly because it takes so long to kick in, snorting, injecting and smoking it are all pointless and probably actually make less out of it as some gets caught in your nose, I've tried injecting these, there is no rush. Smoking them would just be disgusting. So pretty much if tramadol doesnt work, or has quit working for you the only way to catch a buzz of it is to come off of it for a while. Which Id like to do because I can't get it up on tramadol so if I want to have sex I need to plan to find suboxone or something that day. Pain in the ass. I don't like tramadol but right now they are keeping me not sick so whatever.

Tramadol is one of those things that in a pinch is great, but if you take it regularly like codeine, you get used to it quick and gets boring and dull. but if you mix it with virtually any weak or moderate opiate, it somehow amplifies it. im on the tramadol - oxy combo now for pain myself and it is great, but for some reason it is far stronger with codeine than oxycodone. it may be because oxy is a semi synethetic and codeine being a natural and tramadol being a synthetic means that combining the two makes it into a good drug combo.

i'll be honest, as much as people tout benzo-opiate combos, they don't do much for me really except increase sedation. valium helps a bit more than the rest, but virtually any other makes the opiate feel too weird for me, and the risks with CNS depression are too great. really, tramadol seizure triggering only happens at above 400, but i have taken large amounts with no effect. if you can take 400mg with no issue, going higher slowley should not be an issue. i have not known anyone who has been able to take the maximum safe dosage and then who got a seizure going up slowly. almost all seizure cases i have heard of were much higher taken by first time people who had not experimented with tramadol before. i think Tramadol is far safer than people give it credit for.

how about using tramadol for opiate withdrawal? in my country, tramadol is legal and sold over the counter without prescription, so i can get unlimited amounts cheaply.
i have had mixed results using it coming off a few butyr-fentanyl binges.. doesnt really help the first 2 days (probly cuz i cant really hold them down) but after the vomitting stops they tend to make me a bit more comfortable.. but its a weird feeling.. i still cant sleep.. i just feel slightly less uneasy and rls goes away for a bit.. anyone else have any experience using tramadol for opiate withdrawals?

Tramadol is best taken in staggered dosing i have the 50mg tablets i break in half and take 25mg every half hour till desired effect this cuts out serotonin issues and produces more opiod effects the max daily dose is 400mg which is 8 50mg tablets broken in half thats 16 25 mg doses and trust me once i get to around 300mg iam feeling good