• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids How to make a nice nasal spray with Dilaudid?

ChronicJ

Greenlighter
I've been using 8mg mostly snorting for about a year..

Than I came across some of the nasal spray methods and I was wondering what would be a good amount to do..

like 2-3 8mg Dilaudid? with how much water? I stir it up nice to right? Never done it before and would like to try and do it the correct way if anyone can help :)

I never tried this method, but im sure if you searched for a "tech", you could find one, also look up the water solubility of hydromorphone, and that'll put you on the right track.. normally I'd do research and provide links for the op, but im just lazy atm lol.

- Hopeless..

Look up nasal spray atomizer syringe attachment on Google. Use 1.6 ml per 8mg pill (or collect up 1.6 ml) so that every 0.2 ml or 20 units on an insulin rig is 1 mg. Then use the syringe with the nasal spray atomizer to spray it nasally after pulling the pill through preferably a micron filter, but in this case cotton filtering is better than snorting pill powder.

Just adjust the ratio as needed to get your dose in 0.5 ml at most as any more water than that is harder to get up one nostril. Use something like 1%-5% benzyl alcohol or like 1% of the solution as isopropyl alcohol if you plan to make a solution you let sit for days so it doesn't go moldy and keep it cool, airtight, and out of light.

I have used also about 10-15 units (the less the better IMO, hydromorphone is extremely soluble and 99% of you will have your entire dose dissolve in less than a mL of solution, and those who require more, definitely are unlikely to be using intranasally, or be alive.

However, for the most part I used sodium chloride / benzalkonium chloride / bacteriostatic saline for this exact purpose. No need to use a micron filter in my experience since you're not banging, cotton filtration as tacodude suggested is more than adequate, there are hardly any binders I'd be concerned with when using hydromorphone as an intranasal spray.

I've been using 8mg mostly snorting for about a year..

Than I came across some of the nasal spray methods and I was wondering what would be a good amount to do..

like 2-3 8mg Dilaudid? with how much water? I stir it up nice to right? Never done it before and would like to try and do it the correct way if anyone can help :)

I've been on a decent amount of Dilaudid for upwards of 5 years. What exactly is the point of this nasal spray thing?

I personally insufflate Dilaudid. I've tried plugging, swallowing, etc. Nothing works better for me than just snorting it.

And before someone tosses in the IV notion...yeah, I know. It's great. It's astonishing. I've received it IV numerous times while in the hospital and I loved it. It friggin blew my mind. But the thing is - it's a huge and profoundly important decision to go that route in the comfort of your own home. That's a path I personally am not willing to take. I've promised this to my wife, etc...and am personally aware of the fact that it is just not something I want to risk.

If you do it, good for you. I'm not looking down on you. I'm simply referring to my own personal assessment of myself.

Back to the thread - yeah, I'm just curious why this is being discussed in the first place. Is it really a route of administration worth exploring?

Thanks.

~ A person.

I've been on a decent amount of Dilaudid for upwards of 5 years. What exactly is the point of this nasal spray thing?

I personally insufflate Dilaudid. I've tried plugging, swallowing, etc. Nothing works better for me than just snorting it.

And before someone tosses in the IV notion...yeah, I know. It's great. It's astonishing. I've received it IV numerous times while in the hospital and I loved it. It friggin blew my mind. But the thing is - it's a huge and profoundly important decision to go that route in the comfort of your own home. That's a path I personally am not willing to take. I've promised this to my wife, etc...and am personally aware of the fact that it is just not something I want to risk.

If you do it, good for you. I'm not looking down on you. I'm simply referring to my own personal assessment of myself.

Back to the thread - yeah, I'm just curious why this is being discussed in the first place. Is it really a route of administration worth exploring?

Thanks.

~ A person.

when you dissolve the Dilaudid in certain solutions (mainly water I think with saline) and put it into a nasal spray bottle you can just use the nasal spray bottle to get the effect plus more than just snorting it. And it is less harmful less dust in the lungs. Doing it this way also covers your whole nasal passage with it being able to absorbe a lot easier and more. It's also less discreet. I'm curious myself I have been reading on it and apparently it is really worth doing for the high and for the less harmful effects. Maybe look it up sometime :)