• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Heroin How to look/stay healthy

scubediver

Greenlighter
*****please...i don't want a million posts saying "just quit" or something like that---Swim has been through the rodeo before...if you not answering the topic then please don't post*******

Are there certain vitamins or supplements to take so you can use and not start looking strung out. Swim showers and eats well and gets exercise, is ther anything else Swim can do to replenish or counteract the drug in my system so its effect aren't so noticeable on him?

Eat enough food
take suplements of anytging you dont get enough of in your diet
Drink water
Exercise

NO SWIMMING SAY I

*****please...i don't want a million posts saying "just quit" or something like that---Swim has been through the rodeo before...if you not answering the topic then please don't post*******

Are there certain vitamins or supplements to take so you can use and not start looking strung out. Swim showers and eats well and gets exercise, is ther anything else Swim can do to replenish or counteract the drug in my system so its effect aren't so noticeable on him?

Eat some vegetables. Seriously they're cheap, give you vital nutrients and will help you be able to actually shit. During my short stint as a semi junkie I realized two things. One, vegetables are way cheaper than the shitty frozen food and McDonald's I was consistently eating. Which means more bread for boy. And two, I was able to take a shit no matter how much I used as long as I ate enough fiber. Add a multivitamin to that and your as golden as its gonna get.

Also stoping using heroin helped a lot. Just kidding, I couldn't resist that one.

Vitaimins- B-100 complex, multivitamin, vitamin c

Exercise- do some pushups and crunches

Eat healthy as fuck. Stay hydrated and well if you get constipated, handle it, hopefully senakot will do the trick but there are stronger laxatives and suppositories.

I have had people say "I thought you were a cop till I saw those crucial track marks." and I ask why "because you look so healthy"

Also it is the withdrawal that really does a number on your body. That is fucking brutal. I avoid it at most costs except my dignity.

Use a clean rig every time if you can and if you can't wash and sharpen them with a matchbook but I for real have never had a problem getting a rig so at least where I am its not an issue.

Polysporin for any injection marks/tracks...if you IV.

Multivitamins (as dopemaster said).

Limiting how much you use, especially at night...I swear heroin fucks with your sleep somehow, you can sleep forever and still feel tired.

And as weird as it may sound, keeping up with the hygiene...daily showers, regular haircuts, clothes clean, all that good stuff. Lots of people naturally start to let that kind of thing slide when they get into opiates full time. I was a junkie for 6 yrs and even at the end, pharmacists would joke with me when I went to buy rigs: "Well you clearly aren't a heroin addict haha, anything else I can get you?"

I neorporin my track marks.

As for showers it differs from person to person. Personally I can skip a few days if I don't sweat much or if I take a whores bath I can go a good 6 days and have no skin problems but I do wash my face daily. I suppose if I got something to do, really anything then yeah hygeine. I don't hygiene up for the dope man or half my errands as the store clerks are usually filtiler than me but anyways maybe we live in different parts of town.

I suppose play the part. Damn life is just like an acting gig to me. I go to the bar I am a fucking CEO. I go to the store I look normal and buy my shit. I get stopped at a traffic stop I am a good ol boy. I go to college, well its been a while but I just dress classy, smelll good, and wear long sleeves.

I hate to say this but it doesn't hurt to tattoo over your track scars. Well I had scars from up my arm to my hand so I go that tatted over. I would have tattooed it anyways but shit it didn't hurt me in staying out of trouble.

I guess my biggest bit of advice is do not drink and drive. It is the easiest way to get in the system which is a bitch to get out of. If you have a clean record and I suggest paying for espongements if they are availible is that you can get just about out of anything if you either smooth talk or plead the 5th. If they ain't letting your ass go or you are dead to rights, plead the fucking 5th and save yourself a great deal of grief. I will say anyone who tries to reason and admits guilt instead of pleading the 5th is either bitch made or just plain stupid.

But once again play the part. If you are doing something grimey might as well dress up and wear a tie and sports jacket. I have done my dirtiest shit ever wearing a fucking suit. I don't change much with my day to day but sometimes it doesn't hurt to have two hats both literally and methaphorically.

Last but not least if you get pulled you don't have to answer a god damn question other than your license and registration. There are alot of youtube videos were people filmed themselves being pulled and just saying "I don't answer questions." That is a big deal in america and well I wouldn't be typing this if I had not plead the fifth a few years back.

I neorporin my track marks.

As for showers it differs from person to person. Personally I can skip a few days if I don't sweat much or if I take a whores bath I can go a good 6 days and have no skin problems but I do wash my face daily. I suppose if I got something to do, really anything then yeah hygeine. I don't hygiene up for the dope man or half my errands as the store clerks are usually filtiler than me but anyways maybe we live in different parts of town.

I suppose play the part. Damn life is just like an acting gig to me. I go to the bar I am a fucking CEO. I go to the store I look normal and buy my shit. I get stopped at a traffic stop I am a good ol boy. I go to college, well its been a while but I just dress classy, smelll good, and wear long sleeves.

I hate to say this but it doesn't hurt to tattoo over your track scars. Well I had scars from up my arm to my hand so I go that tatted over. I would have tattooed it anyways but shit it didn't hurt me in staying out of trouble.

I guess my biggest bit of advice is do not drink and drive. It is the easiest way to get in the system which is a bitch to get out of. If you have a clean record and I suggest paying for espongements if they are availible is that you can get just about out of anything if you either smooth talk or plead the 5th. If they ain't letting your ass go or you are dead to rights, plead the fucking 5th and save yourself a great deal of grief. I will say anyone who tries to reason and admits guilt instead of pleading the 5th is either bitch made or just plain stupid.

But once again play the part. If you are doing something grimey might as well dress up and wear a tie and sports jacket. I have done my dirtiest shit ever wearing a fucking suit. I don't change much with my day to day but sometimes it doesn't hurt to have two hats both literally and methaphorically.

Last but not least if you get pulled you don't have to answer a god damn question other than your license and registration. There are alot of youtube videos were people filmed themselves being pulled and just saying "I don't answer questions." That is a big deal in america and well I wouldn't be typing this if I had not plead the fifth a few years back.

10/10 post

But let's be real here OP. Heroin eats away at muscle tissue and slows metabolism. It's a constant losing battle to stay healthy while on it. Sure you can take a multivitamin but how the hell are you gonna consistently exercise and eat right while shooting dope? In the long run, the answer to your question is "you most likely can't."

Well you don't live forever now so keeping up appearances is important.

I mean if you do, put me on that shit.

Pm me by all means if you live forever.

I always found a lil jolt would get me going and jail gets you healthy rather quick despite the shit food. After that you will be driving the speed limit and shit for a while.

The main thing is eating enough and looking after your teeth. I advise people to set alarms in their phone for "regular" meal times - if you don't have some sort of reminder, you tend to undereat even if you think you're eating "enough". You also can't rely on your feelings of satiety, as you're squashing them with drugs. If you're finding it hard to eat enough, try loading up some smoothies with protein powder and full fat yoghurt.

Drink water constantly. It's good for your skin and your system.

Brush your teeth and maybe invest in some of that fake spit stuff to combat dry mouth.

No one wants to exercise when they're on the nod, but a bit of weight bearing exercise will make a big difference to your overall health and stop muscle wastage.

Basically, all the things that are important for good health in general are still good for you when you're taking drugs.