• Philosophy and Spirituality
    Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Threads of Note Socialize
  • P&S Moderators: Xorkoth | Madness

How to induce sleep paralysis!

Judging from some of the posts here, I'm not sure people understand the MAGNITUDE of this "state" and the doorways it can open. This is not something to be brushed off as "awesomely weird hallucinations". I understand now what this means----> "They will hear but they will not understand."

This is the direct root to GOD. The Secret that has been kept from all of us. The wool that has been placed over thine eye.

Who would benefit most from humanity not being able to ---->CONSCIOUSLY<----- (KEY WORD HERE!) control their dreams? Which Character depicted throughout history do you think would be responsible for man being cut off from himself? Hmmmmm I wonder...

This generation so dependent upon useless technology... computers/cell phones/ televisions... It's disgusting. Even I have succumb to this "web".

But I know where for I came. So I tell thee... Pay attention to your bodies and your minds. Keep your mind awake...Don't fall into "sleep".

"Awaken within your dreams I tell thee. Then you will see me."

Great tips. Just a few days ago I had a very surreal lucid dream.

The experience was kind of bizarre really, because somewhere in my mind I realized that I was in reality still dreaming in my room even while I was zipping all across the globe at a million kilometres an hour. While I realize it had taken quite a bit of conditioning to get to this point, I completely believe it was well worth the price.

When I intially heard of lucid dreaming I used several free Internet "guides" I found while scanning StumbleUpon. Nevertheless, after experimenting with these approaches for just under four weeks I continued to have no control over my nightmares.

I conclude that the pivotal element that they were missing was the compelling technique that I got when I bought a professional lucid dreaming guide with pretty excellent reviews, the Lucid Dreaming Fast Track - http://www.reviewspanel.com/lucid-dreaming-fast-track/.

With lucid dreaming, now I can literally do anything I want (yet generally I stick travelling all over the globe).

I used to get this all the time on Heroin. Scary shit...

I'm totally sober now, so no tranqs for me. Not that I'm going to try and make this happen on purpose lmao.

Astral Projection if done right. The hardest I've ever tripped was induced through sleep paralysis and cannabis indica. Interesting time, much was gained.

There is a lot of research being conducted on the neurobiology of dreaming. It's really fascinating stuff. Worth a look, if you're really trying to dig into this.

I suffered from it for the best part of a year, I ended up sleeping with the light on as an adult. I found it was hugely inconvenient because I was afraid to go to sleep & I like sleeping. It was the inability to breathe that really got to me - you get used to the idea there's a presence but I never could be at peace with the feeling it was trying to kill me - which probably makes me a reactionary of some kind.
If I was never affected by it again I'd be perfectly happy about it.
Yous are welcome to it if that's what floats your boat

I hated sleep paralysis.

I suffered from it in the beginning of 2000, during a 2-year addiction to methamphetamine. Nothing worse than waking up on the couch, and not being able to open your eyes no matter how hard you try. You can't breathe. There are other people in the room and you are screaming inside for them to help you. Because you can't move. But you are yelling inside your own mind, and the harder you fight it, the more trapped you become, until finally, you fall back asleep in exhaustion. When you wake up again, it's almost like it never happened...

I experience the state regularly, and involuntarily; both in the drifting off and the fast asleep phase; it's never a pleasant feeling...the dreams are incredibly vivid. I dream I'm trapped in my own body while experiencing a heart attack, and if I could only move a fraction, then Ill survive. I manage to move, my head, but then I "wake up" still trapped in my own body, still suffering a heart attack. This can go on time after time.

Dihydrocodeine also would give me this experience years ago.

I can understand how someone would want to induce sleep paralysis if they formerly havent had any experience with it. AppleCore makes this evident.

I respond to this thread on the flip side of its fascination. I get sleep-paralysis about 3 days out of one week, and used to get it everyday. It would happen just before I "fell asleep" and I would be paralyzed for hours at a time. Ive been trying not to get it and a decent nights sleep and have resulting lucid dreams when I never wanted them. For me, this is a serious medical problem that I just wish it would stop because it affects my well-being.

Edit: Haha, it seems like others are not too welcoming of it either. I think we just want to be left in our peace in a decent nights sleep. Hope you guys are handling it well.

Hmm... I get this occasionally. Downers encourage it, and I hate it. I figured out that it went away if I removed the pillow from under my head. Now, if I feel it coming, I'll immediately start sleeping on my arms. Works like a charm.

Heavy mdma use set off my SP episodes. I believe disruptions in sleep patterns will trigger it too. It used to really freak me out--especially when I had auditory hallucinations (like somebody waving a chainsaw near my head) accompanying it. During a bad head-cold I "woke up" paralyzed with my mouth closed and panicked when I had trouble breathing before snapping out of it.

Then I decided to not fight it. If I really submit, it feels like I'm flying backwards through space at incredible speeds which can be a wild ride. Another time I completely let go I had an intense orgasm. I would love to experiment more with it but, alas, my regular sleeping patterns seems to keep them at bay.

I used to get this quite a lot when I used heroin heavily, but those really aren't experiences I remember fondly...terrified me each time and I'm a bit baffled as to why people would want to purposefully induce it :?
Has anyone who enjoys these experiences ever actually managed to control them though? Because that's what I really hate about it - the fact that you're completely trapped and unable to do anything but wait. As far as I know anyway.

^^^ Yes I do enjoy my experiences and it's a great feeling when you can control what's happening.

Weird. I just had another episode so I got up to write it while it was fresh in my head. I always get this weird whirring noise in my ears that I can control with the muscles in my ears. (It's got to be my neck but it feels like my ears.) This always happens before I actually become paralyzed and is a great 'warning' to let me know what is to come. This time, the SP came after one of my horrible humiliation dreams...just endless scenes of me doing everything wrong, god I hate those dreams. So anyway, I was already in kind of a bad headspace and I really did not want to do it. But I remembered what I said on the thread. So I let go. And with this, I can tell you the other key piece of making it an enjoyable experience...don't move.

This may be just me, but I like to feel the sensations your body creates. This is mostly a concept of motion for me. Plus auditory. I should stress that I do not like fighting against it. That is to be reserved only for waking yourself up.

I must say that my nightmare before the experience did not create a good headspace to really enjoy it and I woke myself up pretty quickly this time. So yeah, I guess they can't all be enjoyable.

All of you that have sleep paralysis should read this

there is something called a obe*out of body experience * that can be achieved during this state. if many of you have fears or frighting experiences then you should look into this it may help. long story short you can float out of your body and you can have a great time doing it. theres alot of amazing things that you can do during a obe so check it out:D