⫸STICKY⫷ How to improve Words?

Nixiam

Bluelighter
Happy Birthday
To You
From me

^That one took me a while.

Make words better? It already seems good. I just think a lot of people are turned off by "Words". For me, It was an attempt to spread across subforums since just bouncing between two gets old.

sigmond

Bluelight Crew
turned off by "words"? words in general, the title of the forum, or something else entirely?

Nixiam

Bluelighter
turned off by "words"? words in general, the title of the forum, or something else entirely?
Oh, I meant the title. But it shouldn't be changed! People who are attracted to the forum are here because they want to be and not because of a persuasive title, so maybe the best way to improve upon the subforum is to embrace it like it has no faults.

Then maybe things could come more to light, but if there haven't been any extremely helpful forum changing suggestions, then maybe it is good as it is.

Or I am just lame and can't think of anything to contribute, rendering this post useless to anybody who doesn't agree with me.

Which you probably shoudn't agree.

Sorry for wasting a post turning inconclusive. I have a habit of typing while thinking rather than thinking it all out before hand, which is also my talking habit.

To sum it up I have no idea what to do to make it better, but I felt I should at least try and stay on topic.

Love ya sigmond, and you TPD.

Jabberwocky

Frumious Bandersnatch
What and who seriously types before thinking? Or the chicken or the egg? Am I even awake yet (no)? When I'm bored, this is where I find entertainment and joy when needed most. So it's gotta be a good thing, at least as little bit, as it is? This is just me secretly hinting at the fact I have nothing, absolutely nothing, left to say.

Captain.Heroin

Sr. Moderator: H&R, Words
Staff member
Life has no meaning, yet I keep searching...
What and who seriously types before thinking? Or the chicken or the egg? Am I even awake yet (no)? When I'm bored, this is where I find entertainment and joy when needed most. So it's gotta be a good thing, at least as little bit, as it is? This is just me secretly hinting at the fact I have nothing, absolutely nothing, left to say.
Have you read ZNeg's post "confessions of a speed freak"? I fucking loved it. It should be its own full length feature motion picture.

34-dihydroxyphen

Bluelighter
What exactly is a prose thread? Isn't every thread on the internet not distinctly metered or versed a prose thread? Are we not participating in a prose thread right now?

Does the term "prose thread" have some operative definition that I am unaware of?

I'm not really for or against the idea, I am simply unsure what you mean. Is it a thread where we quote prose we like from published authors? Is it one where we construct and critique prose created by ourselves? Is it a thread where we collectively create prose by passing the torch off to oneanother?

Help me.

Kl519

Bluelight Crew
A thread with proses. Then look up what a prose is.

Edit: I'm not trying to be snarky or sarcastic. That'll answer your call for "help."

Last edited:

34-dihydroxyphen

Bluelighter
A thread with proses. Then look up what a prose is.

Edit: I'm not trying to be snarky or sarcastic. That'll answer your call for "help."
I know what "prose" is (the style in which one writes or speaks when not doing poetry), but I have never in my life heard of "a prose." Or "proses."

A quick glance at the dictionary reveals that "a prose" is some kind of hynn used in religious settings, which does not seem to be what you were getting at.

I typed out "help me" at the end of my post because I realized that I was putting way too much thought and way too many words into my post when I could have simply asked "what is a prose thread?" It was an inside joke that only I am in on (poking fun at my tendency to ramble and my refusal or inability to be concise - case in point this entire fucking paragraph), and I therefore should not have included it in my post, but oversights happen.

Digression aside, I am only asking out of genuine curiosity. Without proper context or elaboration, the term "prose thread" is so broadly defined as to make the possibilities infinite. Everybody in this thread seems to understand what this is except for me. I'm probably overthinking it.

Jabberwocky

Frumious Bandersnatch
It's meant to be very broad :) As Kl519 wrote, I didn't mean a thread on the topic of "a prose(s)" but "prose" generally - as I believe is the common syntax (please excuse me if that is not the correct use of the word; I am trying to be (a little) snarky ;)).

Basically I was thinking of a thread with stuff that might otherwise be considered poetry but the author doesn't feel it deserves that formal title. Hence, prose.