• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Misc How to get Xanax or Valium after taking an SSRI for two months?

Status
Not open for further replies.

PillJunky824

Greenlighter
So I was diagnosed with depression and I was prescribed Zoloft. Now I understand people that have had Zoloft will tell there doctor it gives them anxiety. But I've been on this medicine for like 2 months and Ive already told the doctor who prescribed it to me that I dont seem to have any negative side effects from this medication. So now i feel like it would sound obvious if I scheduled and appointment with my doctor and then told her im starting to feel anxious and really on edge. Also I go to therapy every Monday but that doesn't matter. And I'm really young too (only 13) But I got into my moms valium and then she realized and took it away. So now I'm literally fucked.. right?

Don't say you have depression symptoms like low energy, low motivation, negative self-image, isolation, etc. Also say you're really uncomfortable with the idea of being on something you have to take daily because you don't have symptoms that need to be treated every day. I mean, if you tell a psychiatrist you're not going to take an antidepressant they aren't going to just prescribe you one anyway. Tell your doctor you have severe panic attacks every few days that often leave you shaking or even wishing you were dead. Xanax and Valium are used more for emergency type situations then everyday anxiety/depression.

BUT she is almost certainly not going to give it to you because doctors aren't stupid. Even if you weren't 13 and you hadn't stolen your mom's valium it would be highly unlikely.

Last edited:
This is not going to happen and it's better off for you. You're young research benzo addiction and withdrawals that literally can kill you via seizure or cardiac arrest from the agony it causes by messing with such an intricate part of the brain like most cns active drugs some more than others. Plus I'm sure your mom would say something even if they wrote the script and you are a minor and I'm quite sure laws in most place have your parents give the final say in such situation.... Plus you don't say you have issues it needs to be something so obvious that it becomes impossible to not notice.

If you don't have any negative side effects from Zoloft then what is the problem?

I suspect I already know the answer, but just to be clear - this forum isn't the place to get advice about how to trick your doctor into giving you drugs you don't need, to get high. I suspect this thread will be closed soon, and rightfully so.

You're 13, try to focus your energy on something more important, like resolving whatever issues lead you to be prescribed Zoloft in the first place.

I wonder what the OP gets from the benzos that is so valuable. There are certainly more effective ways to deal with anxiety during adolescence than benzodiazepines. That's the last thing a teenager needs to get in the habit of using.

BL is also not here to help you get drugs. I'm going to close this thread. If you work with a doctor for some reason, it really pays to have an honest relationship with them. If you don't jive with them for whatever reason, find a more appropriate one.

Status
Not open for further replies.