• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Heroin How to get more out of Oxy/avoid switching to heroin?

If you use OxyCOTTON every night, you are addicted. End of story. To answer your question: you can inject the OxyCOTTON, but this is dangerous.

If you want to get more out of your oxy, plug it, and use dxm for tolerance maintenance. Take breaks, and live a healthy lifestyle.

No ones is going to tell you that because you're an addict already you may as well just switch to heroin. Do not switch to heroin.

Do
Not
Switch
To
Heroin

/thread

I don't mean to offend you bit "denial is a river in Egypt " your hooked bro. If your searching for something less expensive and more powerful your a junkie. You may not be using needledisk YET, but give it time. This is coming fronow a 5o yr old junkie, there are tother many of us make it that long

Do
Not
Switch
To
Heroin

/thread

Agreed 100%. Having had a heavy OC habit and an IV dope habit, I can say that the dangers and detriments to your well being from dope period, and from IV use in particular, are SO much worse.

If you're at the point that you can't afford your pharmaceuticals habit anymore, you're at the point that you really need to quit.

Some of the worst things about dope vs pharms:
- Varying potency greatly increases your risk of OD
- Dope is cut with god knows what, and can lead to all sorts of unforeseen health issues due to toxic contaminants
- The risk of bacterial/viral/etc infection is so much higher with dope
- The connects you will deal with tend to be a lot more dangerous - my dope connects back in the day all were ready to get violent really quick. One of my OC connects was a 74 year old woman looking for some extra cash by selling her script
- The dope lifestyle is just more dangerous, period
- IV use, which is inevitable when you're buying H, brings it's own myriad health issues, including abscesses, increased risk of OD, increased risk of infection, blood clots/embolisms, and all sorts of nasty stuff
- IV use will make your tolerance skyrocket, you'll find yourself using amounts you never thought possible within a year

Opiod habits are not worth the hell they play on your life, but heroin, at least to me, is the absolute worst. I was almost functional with a pretty large OC habit. When you're shooting H, it starts taking a toll on you- maybe not at first, but eventually it will start impacting your life in ways that you simply can't hide to everyone around you.

So I took 70mg Oxy today instead of the normal 40-45 that it'd take to get me nodding, and an hour in and I'm just starting to nod barely. Can tolerance continue to rise even when not using? I was kind of an idiot for continuing to pop pills for not being where I wanted to be, but we all do stupid shit sometimes.

^there's just no satisfactory way to continually use oxy and avoid tolerance rising. Take it from me, chronic pain patient, 18months 24/7 use and I no longer experience any euphoria just a mood lift due to escaping WD every morning and that's with 200-300mgs, I can tolerate more easily but I'm a good candidate for OD, cos my tolerance is such that whatever amount i can handle say above the 300mg mark, whilst it may feel mild to my head but my body just may decide that's enough - sleepy turn blue time, wife shooting all the narcan we have yet to use into me.....that's if she is home. Though I don't bother taking amounts to get high now because there isn't enough supply each month. I get by on 200-240mgs per day.

Tolerance is bitch that won't go away while you're using.

I thought this infographic would be appropriate:

CYCLE.jpg

Last edited:
I thought this infographic would be appropriate:

CYCLE.jpg
Yeah, I've seen that picture before. I've already accepted that I am addicted and following that path pretty closely, but at the same time I guess because I am addicted I just don't care and still have no desire to stop myself from going down that road. Take today, for example, I took nearly double my normal dose even though I hadn't been using as often recently. Despite knowing it wouldn't be unlikely that I'd OD, I did it anyway because I had yet to get where I was going. And that's just the phase of addiction I'm in right now I guess. Hell, I just spent $70 on a bunch of Oxy pills, but that $70 only bought me enough for one good high. And considering I only make $140 a week right now that isn't a cheap accommodation.

At the same time though I'd have never guessed my tolerance would be so high after taking a one-month break (not by choice). It makes mad though because I have a friend who pops only one or two percs every now and then to "have a good time" and feel really relaxed and warm/fuzzy, yet I need so much more to be where I want to be. Basically, I'm aware I'm an addict and that i should want help, but I don't want help because I'm an addict if that makes sense.

I've thought about going to the doctor's and trying to get on methadone because I'd been recommended that I do so, but the problem is I'm only 18 so I worry that they wouldn't prescribe it to me, and even if it did I don't know why methadone would help because if it's another opiate I'd probably just end up abusing it. Is it just safer to abuse or something? Or is it to taper off or something along those lines? I know nothing about that stuff. :(

Last edited:
Most doctors won't prescribe methadone because they are technically not allowed to prescribe for opiate addiction. You have to go to a methadone clinic (where the doctors have a license that permits them to dispense for the purpose of maintaining opiate addicts) or to a suboxone doctor. The thing is, at least for methadone, they usually expect that you have a physical dependence. They also prefer that you have tried and failed at things such as detox (which you don't need without a dependence) or rehab. When I went into the clinic they also wanted you to have been opiate addicted for at least a year. So, you're not really a prime candidate (yet) for methadone treatment. The way you are headed you may end up there. But I guess most people don't seek maintenance til they have been through so much...and most people at your stage don't have their eyes open enough to where they are heading to even seek treatment

So, yeah, don't go into your primary care doc and ask for opiate maintenance meds. Not a good idea lol

You don't have the physical dependence but you definitely have the psychological one. Which is kind of worse to overcome. Having been in your shoes at the same age I know where you're coming from. Even when I tried to stop--everyone around me would be headed out to the weekend parties. I'm not a drinker, don't like it, I liked drugs so I would want to get high. But my point is no one else was sitting around sober so it's kind of harder to not get fucked up

I don't have the answer for you. I couldn't find it for myself until I got older and I saw the futility and the consequences. Now I get that enjoyment out of other things that I once searched for in drugs. For you its going to be tough until you actually have to face consequences like not having a roof over your head cause you used that $ to get well, or legal consequences, or whatever. At your age the worst that happens is you spend all your extra cash...

At least you know, when the time comes, there are options. In a perfect world you would stop now and never look behind you and find something else to fill that void inside you. ... But I know, it's not a perfect world...

EDIT: to your question, methadone is a long lasting 24ish hour opioid that you dose once a day. It keeps blood levels stable of an opioid and prevents those with a physical dependence from withdrawal, and also keeps you from craving opiates like oxy and heroin. You don't get blasted but still get a bit of the warm fuzzy feeling. I could still nod on it even after years. And I know I went on at 21 and they had a staff meeting whether or not to admit me cause I was so young. They did in the end...(this was in the 90s before suboxone treatment and before the prevalence of really young heroin users. Guess I was a trailblazer so to speak...) I don't know how they feel about age now, but as I said without a dependence you might have a harder time. All you have to do is give a urine dirty for opiates and tell them you've been using for over a year and you would meet criteria. But I would not recommend going into a clinic without a dependency

Last edited:
Most doctors won't prescribe methadone because they are technically not allowed to prescribe for opiate addiction. You have to go to a methadone clinic (where the doctors have a license that permits them to dispense for the purpose of maintaining opiate addicts) or to a suboxone doctor. The thing is, at least for methadone, they usually expect that you have a physical dependence. They also prefer that you have tried and failed at things such as detox (which you don't need without a dependence) or rehab. When I went into the clinic they also wanted you to have been opiate addicted for at least a year. So, you're not really a prime candidate (yet) for methadone treatment. The way you are headed you may end up there. But I guess most people don't seek maintenance til they have been through so much...and most people at your stage don't have their eyes open enough to where they are heading to even seek treatment

So, yeah, don't go into your primary care doc and ask for opiate maintenance meds. Not a good idea lol

You don't have the physical dependence but you definitely have the psychological one. Which is kind of worse to overcome. Having been in your shoes at the same age I know where you're coming from. Even when I tried to stop--everyone around me would be headed out to the weekend parties. I'm not a drinker, don't like it, I liked drugs so I would want to get high. But my point is no one else was sitting around sober so it's kind of harder to not get fucked up

I don't have the answer for you. I couldn't find it for myself until I got older and I saw the futility and the consequences. Now I get that enjoyment out of other things that I once searched for in drugs. For you its going to be tough until you actually have to face consequences like not having a roof over your head cause you used that $ to get well, or legal consequences, or whatever. At your age the worst that happens is you spend all your extra cash...

At least you know, when the time comes, there are options. In a perfect world you would stop now and never look behind you and find something else to fill that void inside you. ... But I know, it's not a perfect world...

EDIT: to your question, methadone is a long lasting 24ish hour opioid that you dose once a day. It keeps blood levels stable of an opioid and prevents those with a physical dependence from withdrawal, and also keeps you from craving opiates like oxy and heroin. You don't get blasted but still get a bit of the warm fuzzy feeling. I could still nod on it even after years. And I know I went on at 21 and they had a staff meeting whether or not to admit me cause I was so young. They did in the end...(this was in the 90s before suboxone treatment and before the prevalence of really young heroin users. Guess I was a trailblazer so to speak...) I don't know how they feel about age now, but as I said without a dependence you might have a harder time. All you have to do is give a urine dirty for opiates and tell them you've been using for over a year and you would meet criteria. But I would not recommend going into a clinic without a dependency
Yeah I've ruled all that out already, I don't think I need help that badly anyway. I'm still trying to figure out why it's taking almost twice as much as it did previously to get me where I need to be, but I don't know people's bodies are weird...

enjoy being a junkie. u might last 5-10 years.. possibly longer.. before u hit rock bottom. but thats whats coming. if u are alive in 10 years, you will be lucky. in that time, you will lose every friend u ever had, steal from everyone u ever cared about, and do just about anything to avoid the hell of withdrawal... if only i could go back.. and flush that first OC80.... if only

enjoy being a junkie. u might last 5-10 years.. possibly longer.. before u hit rock bottom. but thats whats coming. if u are alive in 10 years, you will be lucky. in that time, you will lose every friend u ever had, steal from everyone u ever cared about, and do just about anything to avoid the hell of withdrawal... if only i could go back.. and flush that first OC80.... if only

I'm going to be honest, I'm really drunk right now so I don't know if what I'm typing should be considered reliable, but then again maybe it's allowing me to type how I really feel. I absolutely hate alcohol with a passion, and I dont even know why I've been drinking, but I digress. I just found a possible connect for heroin, and I'm ecstatic. I know I should be avoiding it, but I'm not for some reason. Maybe I will end up a junkie stealing from people, but I just don't see that ever happening. I don't yet know the hell of withdrawals, but I know the joy of what opiates bring me and, being some of the only time I get to feel such joy in my life, I have no problem seeking it out. I dont know what else to say, I'd like to talk about how alcohol has replaced opiates while I can't find them since I've been smoking and drinking every night, but that seems irrelevant and I don't know what good that conversation would even bring. Like I said in really drunk I'm sorry if I dont make sense. :(

Ignore that last post, I was drunk, depressed, and that night was kicked out of my house (not drug related, irrelevant though so I won't get into it). I just took 65mg pure Oxy tonight, so it's confirmed that somehow during my month-long break my tolerance seems to have almost doubled. I also spent a lot of money tonight just for enough pills for one night of a high cause I was desperate, not proud of it but I'm starting to nod and its super hard to type this. Also think I have a heroin connect now. Gnight guys

EDIT: So I'm at that point where I know I'm going to be up all night; I don't know if anyone else gets this after using a lot of Oxy but I always do. But I digress, with the idea of harm reduction in mind, what should be my dose of insufflated heroin (theoretically, if it was pure heroin, which it obviously won't be but I need something to go on so I don't overdose) if my normal Oxycodone oral dose is 65mg (to nod)? I've found converters on Google that can calculate dose conversions between different opiates, but they all seem to leave out heroin and I'm not sure why.

Last edited:
From what I've read, pure heroin is about 3.333 (repeating) times stronger than Oxycodone, so if my heroin was pure (it won't me), I'd aim for around 20mg heroin to get the same effect as 65mg oral? Or do I need to change that to compensate for the fact that I'll be insufflating the heroin and not taking orally, if that's even the right conversion ratio (around 10:3 Oxy:heroin?). I don't know, it's been hard to find research hasn't been easy.

That's because it's almost impossible to do a conversion that would be accurate due to the major differences in purity.

I used heroin on and off for years and never weighed it. Assuming you are on the east coast and getting powder (not tar), it normally comes in stamp bags which are (varies ) approx 0.1 g. Mostly if you are a first time user the best thing to do is start with match head size bumps. Now, I understand you have some tolerance and aren't completely opiate naive. So in your shoes I would sniff half the bag and see where you are at in about a half hour-45 minutes. If you don't think you are where you want to be then do the other half.

Depending on the strength of the dope that should be fine. Unless you get some really really stepped on crap, you should be good.

Again, remember, if you don't want to end up dependent, don't do opioids on back to back days.

And yes, when I had no habit and didn't use opiates daily or near daily I was the same way at night. Laying down the time passes fast and you half awake dream. You get energized and itchy and cannot sleep. That goes away pretty quick once you start regularly using ...but hopefully, you stay away from daily use.

I don't like alcohol either btw. And when you are using substances you don't even like just to not be "normal", it might be worth taking a look at what is making you need to be out of reality/numb. Because one thing is very true--no one goes the opposite way on that diagram someone put up. You're not going to go from heroin and say "oh this is cheap but I'm doing so much more, I need to go back to an occasional oxy pill". You'll just move on to IV cause it's "cheaper" and "more efficient". Before you get there, maybe look at what you think is making you feel the need to be numb. And also--best thing you can do for yourself is find the goal that will give you some direction. What is it you want to be? What do you love doing? Cause once you find that opiate love you really need to find something you love more. And that's tough--but that's the only way to kind of keep yourself out of falling into a pit...

My story is super similar. I found my love for opiates around your age and used recreationally for awhile. I could go days, weeks, months and years not taking them and be fine. About a year ago I met a friend who had multiple hookups where I only had one. His were all about a 3 hour roundtrip drive depending on traffic but were grew to love the ride so it wasn't a big deal. If one hookup was out we would go to another. My tolerance grew but it took time and I could still skip days. He made one solo trip where all our hookups were out but 1 had h and since it was a long drive and we wanted to get high he bought it. I was hesitant but it didn't stop me. We sporatically did it about 8 times total from August until October. By this time we had found a closer hookup for h and they hooked it up fat. One weekend we had enough where I could do some Sat and still had enough to do it most of Sun as well. Monday is when my hell started. I felt like I was getting sick so slept for most of the day and once night hit I was in full withdrawl. I was freaking terrified! How could doing it just one extra day cause this. I bought as many pills as I could but nothing could keep them away for long. My pill tolerance was through the roof. I came to the realization that I was in trouble and needed help. I went to the doctor and told my mom and fiance quit cold turkey the following Sunday and am now on day 27 being clean. H ruined my happy little opiate use. I'm glad it happened cause I know I'd still be in my little off and on game but the withdrawls and getting clean is not something I would wish on anyone. You are totally going to do what you want. No one could stop me! Just thought I'd share some insight on how it turned out for me.