• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Stimulants How to force a comedown from speed?

As another poster mentioned, Seroquel can have negative cardiac effects for some people. In general, I think keeping seroquel and a benzo on hand is fine for most people, but for someone who is borderline overdosing on amphetamine, medical supervision may be necessary. Also, the dopamine and adrenal antagonism of Seroquel doesn't really kick in until 300mg. I think that should be the starting dose for someone using amphetamine. It does calm you down at lower doses, but works more on histamine receptors.

It always knocked me the fuck out off of any stimulant at 50 mg. People should really start lower and if it's not enough add little by little. Starting at 300 mg?? That's crazy. I would sleep waaaay too long off that much, and be groggy as fuck the entire next day.

It always knocked me the fuck out off of any stimulant at 50 mg. People should really start lower and if it's not enough add little by little. Starting at 300 mg?? That's crazy. I would sleep waaaay too long off that much, and be groggy as fuck the entire next day.

Well quattapine halflife is only 6h, it gives great sleep for 9 hours for me and groggines goes away after one hour. And the tolerance for sleep inducting dose will rise, but it will stop somewhere, for me today ssweeetspot is 150-200mg evne while still on really tweaked. Actualyl sleeping while still on amphs is better, in the morning you feeel better than if you wait speed wear off before going to sleep.

Obviously benzos and barbiturates work well, but in my experience the very best option is cloniDINE (Not to be confused with clonazepam/klonopin). Instead of covering up the effects, it comes closer to specifically reversing them while lowering blood pressure and allowing for 6-7 hours of good sleep.

A little sleep deprivation(which I emensly enjoy) and a hot shower, soup and cold H20, not too much, you could start convulsing. Depends on the quality, quantity, consistency of uusage, and last time used, and of course the individual(tolerance)

LMAO!!! You can tell this thread is meth related by the "War In Peace length" posts...

4,745 words
in only 2 posts....impressive!! I thought Limpet Chicken who posts over in EADD was bad, but that's like a dissertation contained in 2 forum posts......lol. :)

Last edited:
Dirty meds but loxapine, cyamemazine or seroquel will bring you down the fastest.. benzodiazepines would work too aas would barbiturates.

A strong and cup of horlicks with some benadryl and kalms works wonders I could use that right now actually lol

In theory, introducing acidic stuff into your body will speed the metabolism of the Amphetamine. By the same mechanism that a basic urinary PH can extend the duration of effects from Amphetamine, again, in theory, something like a lot of Vitamin C, whether it is in fruit or pill form. This is all totally hypothetical, but I do believe there is some potential.

For short acting amphetamines citrus helps to block the absorption, hence why doctors who prescribe adderall suggest avoiding citrus juices, for longer acting amphetamines it may help in the early stages, but once it reaches your intestines it won't help, because the citrus can't interfere.

It's pee pH that can slow excretion of unmetabolized amps (or speed it up). Amphs excretion is strongly affected by urinary pH, and faster the more acidic it is.

It's not easy to change your pee pH, but mega doses of vitamin C would do it. That much has data out there, but I bet phosphoric acid, as found in the dark-colored sodas, has an effect (how much diet coke? no idea).

Other things can acidify your pee, but you'd risk hurting yourself more than an amph overdose.

And then, aim for citric acid salts and blood pressure meds (thiuridizide class) to keep your pee pH more neurtral for retention.

Don't eat a box of baking soda, even if it could work. You'd be pretty funny foaming from your mouth and nose and choking to death but then you'd die.

EDIT: missed you tubbs, but there's two things: absorption of oral amphs by your GI tract is dependent on pH, and that's separate from excretion of unmetabolized amphs (pee pH).

So acidic foods mean less absorption. Acidic pee means faster excretion.

All the texts out there blame it on the amine, but that makes no sense. Or at least, it's gotta be way more complicated than that. You [wikipedia] want me to believe you can't absorb a water soluble molecule out of your intestines? The makers of Vyvanse believe that.

Last edited:
That's what I was saying, the acidity of the juice is more effective on the absorption than it is on eliminating it from your system, because of the massive amount it would take.

Gotcha. Maybe I should clarify for our viewers at home, citrus juice has citric acid in it. Acidic food can block absorption of oral amphs, but none of you reading this actually just swallow your Adderall anyway.

Citrate salts, like I mentioned in the other post, can buffer your urine pH to be more alkaline (than normal, actually buffer to pH 7). You'd need some skills to set that up right. So, citric acid in citrus juice (and other acidic foods) block GI absorption; in your kidneys though, citrate can block excretion (of amphs).

All I know is you'll see citrate as an anti-coagulant in blood donations. And a bunch of supplements, but I don't know a good way to suggest making your pee pH neutral.

antipsychotics such as zyprexa, seroquel etc will forcefully stop it, may have to worry about feeling groggy the following day, benzos could help but could end up in a blackout and stimulant psychosis which is NOT what you want. whoever said drink some cocacola that's counterintuitive obviously, who would drink caffeine to help come down from a stimulant, really?

Yes, I took xanax once to come down from speed and ended up blacking out at work. I shot a longbow in the store and got sent home. Its amazing that I didn't get fired.

That is pretty amazing, the worst i ever did was stare at a screen for like 3 minutes and forget where I was. Had been about 6 days.

I took 500 mgs adderall over two days (REALLY beyond dumb), and nothing (not even morphine) could knock the speediness down in even the tiniest bit. I took took 3mgs prazosin (alpha blocker related to clonidine) and 6mgs tinazidine (muscle relaxer) and forced myself to lay down. An hour later (5 am by now), the edge had definitely been smoothed out but i was nowhere near sleeping, so i took 100mgs of serequel. 20 minutes later i was knocked out. I put off taking the serequel as I had read there could be interactions with the heart and blood pressure (especially at the insane amp dose I took, I'm positive my blood pressure was sky high already), but I'm glad i did, or i would be on 2 hours of sleep over three days right now .

I got to say (besides my whole issue with "forcing comedowns") I don't like people mixing downers like that.

Prazosin inhibits (inverse agonist) alpha1 receptors and tizanidine is a alpha2 agonist (alpha2 being the backwards one--since it's an autoreceptor, agonizing it can shut down adrenergic activity) like clonidine.

I don't think those are a terrible idea at the end of a speed trip, although its kind of a double-whammy on your alpha1-responsive tissues, so you probably can't stop peeing on yourself.

I guess, well no, Seroquel/quetiapine knocks you out because of its anti-histamine action. I know from experience you won't stop breathing with anti-histamine overdose alone (always exceptions though).

So nevermined! That's actually so so much better than "3mg of Xanax and 400mg tramadol, ten rails of pure fent powder and a fifth of bourbon then I put a bag on my head" that I've heard before. I'm just too used to scolding.

I got to say (besides my whole issue with "forcing comedowns") I don't like people mixing downers like that.

Prazosin inhibits (inverse agonist) alpha1 receptors and tizanidine is a alpha2 agonist (alpha2 being the backwards one--since it's an autoreceptor, agonizing it can shut down adrenergic activity) like clonidine.

I don't think those are a terrible idea at the end of a speed trip, although its kind of a double-whammy on your alpha1-responsive tissues, so you probably can't stop peeing on yourself.

I guess, well no, Seroquel/quetiapine knocks you out because of its anti-histamine action. I know from experience you won't stop breathing with anti-histamine overdose alone (always exceptions though).

So nevermined! That's actually so so much better than "3mg of Xanax and 400mg tramadol, ten rails of pure fent powder and a fifth of bourbon then I put a bag on my head" that I've heard before. I'm just too used to scolding.

Lol! Yeah i thought it was pretty tame, especially since I'm a downer addict and have taken much worse combinations when i didn't need to reverse stim effects. I even have a few morphine on hand but didn't want to speedball and figured they'd be better used in the days to come. i was being as conservative as possible because I don't have tons of experience with amphetamines (this is only my 5th time- i will binge for 3 or 4 days straight and big amounts each time and then won't touch them again for months) and i didn't want to screw myself up worse.

I was really paranoid after such large doses that I could stroke out or have a heart attack ( i had a seizure 15 years ago during an iv cocaine overdose and it was terrifying so I'm cautious with stimulants (well, as cautious as can be when my self control goes out the window, hence the huge doses) so i did a lot of research on these threads and that was the safest option i could come up with. I actually waited for an hour after taking the prazosin and tinazidine before taking the serequel, hoping i wouldn't have to use it and could avoid any negative reactions I've read about using it to stop a stim trip, such as messing with the heart and shooting up blood pressure.

On a side note, i didn't realize that either prazosin or tinazidine had similar actions to clonidine until yesterday. Does that mean that taking tinazidine during the day while using adderall can block/ negate the effects and prevent a high? I have only ever taken it as a muscle relaxer so i never even thought about it. Maybe that's why i had to take an insane amount of amp to feel anything, I take tinazidine 3-5 times a day.

To be clear for our viewers at home:

Prazosin is for high blood pressure and old men with big prostates to help them pee, by antagonizing (tech. inverse-agonizing) the alpha1 receptor. Amphs activate that receptor and make it hard to pee sometimes, or perform during your amphing (the finale, anyway). I don't what other tissues express the alpha1 receptor, but by itself, it's not really a downer.

Tizanidine is the one like clonidine, and also marketed as a muscle relaxant. It's a central-acting alpha2 agonist, and the actual "downer" here. It will counteract the amphs to an extent, mainly some of the actual speedy stuff.

It wouldn't counteract the "rush" that lucky people get, since that's a whole different mechanism from the fast-pulse, sweaty, tooth grinding part that true artists enjoy.

I would NOT take it during your session, cause the speeding part is how most people know how much they've had and then you run into one drug wearing off sooner. If you took too much amphs, having the clonidine wear off first could throw you into adrenergic overload. That's the part that would kill you.

It's the same reason they warn, or used to warn, people about with beta blockers--unopposed alpha activation making your cardio systems explode.

And it could be why after a few days you found you couldn't "come down". For me, after 48 hours on meth, all I have to do to come down is close my eyes. That's why I don't even blink when I cross 96 hours. Or do I and it's just too fast for non-tweaker eyes?

Thank you so much for this info. That explains why i couldn't feel anything, not even a racing heart, at 300mgs. The second day. I was dosing with tizadine throughout the day to stop the muscle spasms, clenched jaw, and painful chest tightness i had experienced the day before off of 200 mgs. I never thought to wonder if tinazidine could negate the effects of the amps, i just figured it was a muscle relaxers that could take some of the painful effects away so i could enjoy my tweaking pain free. Kind of scary now to think how messed up my body could have really been or how close i could have come to stroking or having a cardiac incident, and it was just masked by the tinazidine. I thought i knew my pharmaceuticals (I do in conjunction with the use of opiates and downers. I didn't realize there could be such a different interaction when used with uppers).

An important note for our subscribers just tuning in: although tizanidine/Zanaflex (and Deemgd, watch the translocation in the name) has the same MOA as clonidine, they are prescribed for different reasons and have different pharmacology. People on clonidine should never stop or alter their doses, without doing the doctor talk thing. Mainly because of rebound hypertension.

So if you stopped your clonidine to have an Adderall long weekend, it's a double-high BP blast that could blow all those brain veins. I worry that some of our ADHD members have been switched to clonidine without realizing its original blood pressure intentions, but still hang out with the bad, unfocused hyperactive kids who are at prone to swap Ritalins and stims and shiny things.

EDIT: I checked and prazosin is like the most selective of the alpha blockers, so it's probably OK to use with the tizanidine. But you wouldn't want to mix an alpha2-agonist with an alpha blocker, mainly cause you'd pass out when you stood up (dangerously low blood pressure).

deemgd said:
I thought i knew my pharmaceuticals (I do in conjunction with the use of opiates and downers. I didn't realize there could be such a different interaction when used with uppers).

Blame marketing. After all, it's a drug for muscle spasms, right? It's a muscle relaxer, so you imagine it would work like a benzo or something. Likewise, clonidine does the same thing and was marketed for high blood pressure. But lately its gained new life as a treatment for ADHD, depression, and its especially good (among available options, not necessarily "good") at treating nightmares from PTSD.

The whole "alpha-blocker-like drug is actually an alpha activator" throws people off too.

Last edited: