• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Stimulants How to force a comedown from speed?

Jrhguitarist1

Bluelighter
Agreed to do some speed for first time in few years with couple friends had a weekend to waste so said what the? Friday goes by then sat and the sunday bout noon I redose and feeling fine but Sunday night get call of importance sayin Monday's work is gonna be overlooked by the big wigs so I'm trying everything known to get this out of my system and sleep and nothing working?? Any safe sure fire way to cut it short and crash??

Agreed to do some speed for first time in few years with couple friends had a weekend to waste so said what the? Friday goes by then sat and the sunday bout noon I redose and feeling fine but Sunday night get call of importance sayin Monday's work is gonna be overlooked by the big wigs so I'm trying everything known to get this out of my system and sleep and nothing working?? Any safe sure fire way to cut it short and crash??

1. Water 1L
2. Exercise 1h
3. Water 1L
4. Coca cola 500mL

antipsychotics such as zyprexa, seroquel etc will forcefully stop it, may have to worry about feeling groggy the following day, benzos could help but could end up in a blackout and stimulant psychosis which is NOT what you want. whoever said drink some cocacola that's counterintuitive obviously, who would drink caffeine to help come down from a stimulant, really?

Would you mind explaining stimulant psychosis? I tried the search but I'm using the mobile app and can't sift through the search sufficiently.

Don't you have something better to do than play hight and mighty?

If thats the way you want to look at it, you've missed the point of this forum entirely. Hes right, its a harm reduction forum, and that post is the furthest thing from that.

If he was to take your (horrible) advice, it would be very possible if not tolerant and experienced to do too much under the effects of stimulants, and when the stimulation fully wore off, and the CNS depression fully kicked in, end up overdosed.

antipsychotics such as zyprexa, seroquel etc will forcefully stop it, may have to worry about feeling groggy the following day, benzos could help but could end up in a blackout and stimulant psychosis which is NOT what you want. whoever said drink some cocacola that's counterintuitive obviously, who would drink caffeine to help come down from a stimulant, really?

Yeah, I really wouldn't recomend using benzo's for a stim crash unless you are a seasoned benzo user as benzo's can actually perpetuate stimulant psychosis if you over do it. One of the worst experiences I ever had was trying to end an episode of full blown MDPV induced psychosis with phenazepam. In the end, I ended up far worse due to the combination. With long acting stimulants, it's really hard to take a downer within your tolerance range and still get positive effects (meaning, that it would work to calm you down and get you to sleep). It's very dangerous to take higher than normal ammounts of depressants than you are used to, because while you may still feel stimulated, you could overdose on the downer.

I've never tried it, but from what I've heard, the best way to really nip it in the butt would be by taking antipsychotics such as serequel.

Edit:
ugly,
stimulant psychosis occurs when a person repeatedly doses a stimulant/stays up too long on, be it meth, adderall or cocaine, and begins to experience paranoia coupled with hallucinations both audio and visual. It is pretty dangerous as these hallucinations can seem very, very real.

Antipsychotics (your safest bet)
High doses of benzodiazepines (see post above)
Massive amounts of alcohol (not recommended)

Ok thank you zneg. I have used a heavy indica for the comedown from stims. I find the comedown much, much easier. When I don't have that, I feel harsh. I don't know if the op has access to cannabis tho.

Gabapentin 600-1200mg or Lyrica 150-300mg

They're supposed to completely stop the physical and mental stimulation from stims, not just cover it up the crash as with benzos or opiates.

Yea I know today is Wednesday I wrote this post actually last weekend and for some reason it just came up. And I actually wrote this post for my best friend cause Im not really into stims but he was here and I said I'd make a post maybe someone would have a tip. He said after a nice long hot shower a snack and whole lot of milk he felt fine And got to sleep not to bad. Thanks for the responses.

1. Water 1L
2. Exercise 1h
3. Water 1L
4. Coca cola 500mL

Lol, you didn't just recommend caffeine did you?

Err, the only thing i know that kills it dead is Seroquel and possibly some other atypical anti psychotics.

I hate seroquel and would not take it if it were the last drug on earth. I had a real bad reaction when I took it one night and the whole next day could not speak. My mouth and face were contorted and nobody could understand me. I thought I was going to die. I guess it was an allergic reaction but works for some people.

Antipsychotics (like Seroquel) are powerful drugs indeed. The reason why I recommended them is because the OP is asking how to force a comedown, not make a comedown easier.

Gabapentin 600-1200mg or Lyrica 150-300mg

They're supposed to completely stop the physical and mental stimulation from stims, not just cover it up the crash as with benzos or opiates.

That's interesting that you say that, where did you read that information? I'm not trying to question you or sound condescending, I just never found gabapentin to be that helpful for coming down off of stimulants, as IMe, while Gabapentin has anxiolytic effects for sure, it also causes my heart rate to increase and many people report having experienced stimulant effects from it. However, it's certainly not a mind boggling concept as GABA/Lyrica work wonders for opiate withdrawal, specifically the psychological symptoms.

Yea I know today is Wednesday I wrote this post actually last weekend and for some reason it just came up. And I actually wrote this post for my best friend cause Im not really into stims but he was here and I said I'd make a post maybe someone would have a tip. He said after a nice long hot shower a snack and whole lot of milk he felt fine And got to sleep not to bad. Thanks for the responses.

Cool.
Sorted.