• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Heroin How to find veins if you're obese?

tritonenneptunus

Bluelighter
I was wondering how I could find veins for IV use since I don't have a lot of visible veins due to the fact that I am obese? The only ones I am sure I can hit are in my hand but I haven't tried yet because of the fear I'll miss or blow a vein. Any advice on this?

you have to feel? also, def. do the same thing as anyone would. tie off, pump those fists, lean on that one arm, foot, whatever the place may be. feel for it, press, push, do ONE PUSH UP IF YOU CAN and those veins may start popping; these are things I sometimes have to do even w/o any fat on the body because my veins are long gone by this point. also, you dont always have to see the vein; dont think like that. I shoot into the same spot I always have, for many years. its not always ON but for the most part ill see that blood drawn back and ill be insta HARD - meaning excited, lol. BOOM - HIGH AS A KITE, I JUST MIGHT, STOP TO CHECK YOU OUT! ha. sorry for quoting there but was feeling it as I type this because I just had to find a vein about 10 minutes ago before getting LIT UP LIKE A MOFO on some great FENT!

you have to feel? also, def. do the same thing as anyone would. tie off, pump those fists, lean on that one arm, foot, whatever the place may be. feel for it, press, push, do ONE PUSH UP IF YOU CAN and those veins may start popping; these are things I sometimes have to do even w/o any fat on the body because my veins are long gone by this point. also, you dont always have to see the vein; dont think like that. I shoot into the same spot I always have, for many years. its not always ON but for the most part ill see that blood drawn back and ill be insta HARD - meaning excited, lol. BOOM - HIGH AS A KITE, I JUST MIGHT, STOP TO CHECK YOU OUT! ha. sorry for quoting there but was feeling it as I type this because I just had to find a vein about 10 minutes ago before getting LIT UP LIKE A MOFO on some great FENT!

I've been practicing tying off my arm because I am completely new to heroin so I really appreciate the advice. I think I'm making it more complicated than I should be. Haha don't worry about the quote! I won't be doing it tonight as I've had 4 Lortabs but tomorrow I shall report back on my findings xD

like boston brown town said you don't have to see em' I'm not going to pretend to be humble, I'm incredibly good at hitting people and myself, and I've hit people fat and thin all the same, the key to it is actually learning to feel or palpate the vein, if you're new to shooting dope I guarantee you have a lot of veins that are easy to hit, google up an image of the human vascular system and use the vein maps as a guide as to where your veins will most likely be and then feel around there. Actually the only person I knew that was better at hitting than myself was a girl who was obese.

like boston brown town said you don't have to see em' I'm not going to pretend to be humble, I'm incredibly good at hitting people and myself, and I've hit people fat and thin all the same, the key to it is actually learning to feel or palpate the vein, if you're new to shooting dope I guarantee you have a lot of veins that are easy to hit, google up an image of the human vascular system and use the vein maps as a guide as to where your veins will most likely be and then feel around there. Actually the only person I knew that was better at hitting than myself was a girl who was obese.

Alright, like I said I think I'm making things way harder than it has to be. Thank you so much.

what dont you know? you never shot before? just draw back, see blood, let loose. if you see the blood, its a vein, baby! so have fun.

remember those spots; they dont die down quickly like some people may make it seem that way. you'll be fine, just relax a bit.

No I've never shot up before, ever. The whole reason I want to start IV use (and I realize this is a harm-reduction forum) is because I feel like smoking heroin or snorting it would be a waste. Actually I've never even tried heroin. I'm an amphetamine addict and also opiate pill addict... I don't think it's going to be "cheaper" than pills or something, I just want to experience it I guess.

hun/guy, you need to chill. you just told me you never even tried any of this stuff and now you are asking where to shoot and how!? lol. take a step back and think about life for a minute before we play this game. yes, you are an amphetamine addict and a drug, is a drug, is a drug, but again, chill. think twice before you give your life away; dope will get you good. just like amphetamines get you, dope will get you just as good, maybe even better. you'll be dumping all your money and then some.

lets just think twice before you go shooting.

I have, and I know the risks... I'm at a point in my life that I really don't care. I know that's terrible to say but I've sat there and seen people shoot and how it effects them and their life and it's not because it's a "in" thing or any of that. Opiates are the only thing anymore that make me feel alive. I've been thinking about it for the past 3 weeks and considering wtf is wrong with me and tbh I'm just at that point now ready to jump back into another frying pan. I promise you I'm not just saying it that I've seriously considered and deliberated on it. I do appreciate the concern. It's just a very complicated thing to explain what is going on in my head when it comes to this situation. I'll think some more on it though as well.. but I'm pretty sure I've made up my mind.

hun/guy, you need to chill. you just told me you never even tried any of this stuff and now you are asking where to shoot and how!? lol. take a step back and think about life for a minute before we play this game. yes, you are an amphetamine addict and a drug, is a drug, is a drug, but again, chill. think twice before you give your life away; dope will get you good. just like amphetamines get you, dope will get you just as good, maybe even better. you'll be dumping all your money and then some.

lets just think twice before you go shooting.

^lol, but very true. shooting dope aint a hobby, finding veins ain't one either. full time job brutha. you're gonna bleeeeeed.

that being said, good old school junky tip, draw back before you even think your in a vein, creates a vacuum so when you hit the vein the blood rushes in, push down, the smack is in your blood and the blood is in your head and then you're better off than dead.

Before you try to find a vein make sure you are hydrated. Being hydrated makes it easier to find them. Is there another person around that can show you how to shoot? It is always easier to be shown in person.

first off the vein subject is making me more aware of this horrible predicament im in, sorry i am new to this so cut me some slack plz... on mmt for almost over 5 years but it IS NOT the lesser of the two evils!!! no no. only got "clean" bc i was pregnant and it was a battle -getting help, when i was in fl. i walked into 3 hospitals in severe WD and 2 of them ultimately told me im on my own..... not the point of this tho. mmt just delays the inevitable, for 95% of the clients. Yes I have a good job and havent used but every night for the past month i get that horrible getting sick feeling Went up on my dose NOPE nada basically im needing to keep my job and get off the friggin clinic once and for all. only one problem- i know i am going to use this week as soon as its in my hand i can smell it and taste it. i have cravings like i did when i was in fla and hadnt shot up in 12-18 hrs the every frigin day so...... ya know thank u for reading this if you read it. i need to know someone around here who understands this shit no family here

u seem like u are one of sane ones on here.... i didnt even know there were sites like this....please read my posts would appreciate any input (only 3-4 posts )

dont do it

I have, and I know the risks... I'm at a point in my life that I really don't care. I know that's terrible to say but I've sat there and seen people shoot and how it effects them and their life and it's not because it's a "in" thing or any of that. Opiates are the only thing anymore that make me feel alive. I've been thinking about it for the past 3 weeks and considering wtf is wrong with me and tbh I'm just at that point now ready to jump back into another frying pan. I promise you I'm not just saying it that I've seriously considered and deliberated on it. I do appreciate the concern. It's just a very complicated thing to explain what is going on in my head when it comes to this situation. I'll think some more on it though as well.. but I'm pretty sure I've made up my mind.
you should think really hard or you'll end up like me .... endless tolerance in another state and no fam or food to eat..just hurting on mmt im being serious tho

Tritennoneptunus - your post makes me sad. I really wish you would find help instead of choosing the path of addiction that you are about to engage in. Most people accidentally fall into addiction and it destroys their life, myself included. You have the luxury of making that decision, and honestly, I am envious. Using feels good for such a short amount of time, and then you become a slave to it. I promise, regardless of how apathathetic and bad you feel now, once your in the midst of a full blown addiction, you will feel exponentially worse. I struggled for decades with addiction, and fought for seven years to get clean. I pissed my life away, and even being two years into sobriety, don't feel pleasure like I used to. I am a shell of my former self, with so much more anxiety, and much less intelligence than what I used to have. Please consider how you presently feel, and try to brainstorm ways to make your situation better before you turn to the needle. There are other areas of this site that you can post to regarding that and users can help you develope a game plan. If it doesn't work, you can always try the needle, there is no rush. I am not saying this to you because I am against drugs (which I'm not), I am saying this because i am concerned for you and I know where you are going if you start iv'ing, and it's not a good place. Hugs.

Last edited:

Oh no! What happened to Sub maint.? You seemed to be doing pretty good on it. I know how it is though, I have been shooting more than Subbin' lately too. Hey, we are pretty close geographically. Maybe we should get together, go to a meeting sometime. I hate meetings but sometimes they make me feel a little better when I'm on the straight and narrow. Give it some thought? Maybe we can straighten each other out....or just find a new using buddy lol. I'll risk it, you seem like a cool guy :)

Trit- you are about to make the biggest mistake of your life. You'll see. Come back in 6-12 months and tell me how you're doing. Heres a song quote for ya "another one bites the dust... and another ones gone..." i guess a silver lining will be weight loss. I just just gained back 15 pounds in 3 months! I look healthy again! I know you wont listen but remember this bc you will wish you had.

Oh no! What happened to Sub maint.? You seemed to be doing pretty good on it. I know how it is though, I have been shooting more than Subbin' lately too. Hey, we are pretty close geographically. Maybe we should get together, go to a meeting sometime. I hate meetings but sometimes they make me feel a little better when I'm on the straight and narrow. Give it some thought? Maybe we can straighten each other out....or just find a new using buddy lol. I'll risk it, you seem like a cool guy :)

bad news health wise led me to a minor run here. run still happening since I just shot tonight. stupidity is I took a suboxone at 2PM and had dope in the arm at 8PM; what a waste.

what dont you know? you never shot before? just draw back, see blood, let loose. if you see the blood, its a vein, baby! so have fun.

remember those spots; they dont die down quickly like some people may make it seem that way. you'll be fine, just relax a bit.
This isn't entirely accurate. See crimson blood gi ahead and shoot. See pink blood pull out immediately, that's an artery.

very true; sorry about that.

but at the same time, DO NOT LET THIS SCARE YOU! this will not happen if you are not LOOKING for it to happen. if you are going for veins we mentioned, esp. the bend of the arm, then you will be alright. also, dark blood is easy to recognize, right? so just let it be and do not let that scare you. again, yes, it is true, but at the same time, as I just said, its NOT as easy as it seems.

anyway, fill us in. ANY LUCK SO FAR!?