• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Stimulants How to Ease W/D Symptoms?

HerbalAngel

Greenlighter
My boyfriend has been clean from meth for 5 years. But tonight we were having a cigarette and he got really pale and said he didn't feel well (headache and upset stomach). He started shaking violently to the point where I was supporting most of his weight myself to keep him from falling. He told me it happens because he takes downers and his body naturally wants speed. (Forgive me my ignorance because I am NOT a drug educated person. I'm very sheltered.) I was curious if anyone knows of how to help ease him through the symptoms? They lasted for about an hour maybe a little longer. He has a hard time breathing and speaking as well. If anyone knows of any ways for me to help him through these times it would be so greatly appreciated.

Last edited:
Do you know what drugs these "downers" are?
It sounds like he is addicted to opiates or benzo's or both and is experiencing some sort of withdrawal from those drugs. If he no longer takes meth and he has been clean for months up to 5 years as you say then his issue has nothing to do with Meth. I was a crank/meth addict for over a decade and apart from full on fatigue, headache's and a few other little symptoms there generally isn't much physical withdrawal associated with meth use and those symptoms for me are gone within a couple of weeks max, the worst part of stimulant recovery is the psychological cravings and nightmares that haunt you - and they are no laughing matter....but I can assure you that his body doesn't require or want those drugs in any way shape or form. It's false, I'm not saying he's lying, this may be what he believes is going on.

If you can tell us what these "downers" are then we'll be able to give more appropriate advise. Take care.

When I confronted him about it, he told me that he had relapsed about a month ago at most 2.