• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids How to detox from hydromorphone, need urgent help :(

Benzopiates

Bluelighter
Hello, I wrote a thread 6 hours ago in the middle of the night on my CELL, but it was inproper, badly written and with too much unneccessary information.

So this post is a repost with more concrete information, compressed with a better title and more syntax so it's easier to read.

3 years ago... I had to call an ambulance because an unexpected and unexplained frightfully strong pain struck me awake at 3 AM. A bit later at the hospital I learned that this pain was a kidney stone... easily a 9 out of 10 in the pain scale so after a few hospital procedures, the doc sent me home with a script of dilaudid to fight the pain. It was my first but far from my last time to ever come in contact with this substance called hydromorphone...

A couple years, 3 kidney stones and about 100 stolen dilaudid pills later... I found a source of hydromorphone, that THING that made my life ALOT easier was now limited by money instead of being limited on the simple accessibility of the thing. Even tho I didn't had much money, I would spend alot on hydromorphone because it made my life so much better... I felt happier and felt like I didn't needed to commit scuicide even tho the last 4 years of my life sucked... I was depressed and ready to quit everything but this made me understand there is still some hope. ( I understand this is a harm reduction forum and I do NOT encourage people to take drugs, but in my situation, maybe even the worse things are good in a way that they make you realise things about life, its like they say it's almost always when you lose something that you see how much you needed it and how much you liked it and how much important it was to you )

It is important to mention that prior to this day... the only sources I had before were the hydromorphone in my mom's cabinet and the VERY occasional cases where I would need go to the ER due to pain resulting from prior kidney stones, I never I never lied about my pain, never exagerated the pain ratio and NEVER asked for a specific drug and I'd still get out of there with something like either 30x 1mg... 10x 2mg and on the super lucky days I'd get 30x 2mg generic hydromorphone pills.

I knew that I had to make it last for a long time because when I'd ran out... I had no more... there was no magic trick to get more until another time where I would really need to go to the ER again and I honestly REALLY hated waiting in the facking hospital wait room so what I did is I took minuscule doses at a time and I would cherish every little mg that I had and after a while I even went from snorting it to shooting it to raise the efficiency and make every mg do even more than what they used to do to me but now that I had a source I didnt needed to worry about this anymore.

I went from

Using doses of 0.5 to 2.0mg at MOST per doses and max 2 doses per day NEVER exceeding 3mg in a day and almost never exceeding 10mg in a week.
-To-
Using doses of 1.0 to 3.0mg per doses and an average of 2 to 3 times a day and sometimes doing crazy stuff like trying to shoot 10mg all at once...

So when I ran out of money to buy more I came to a pretty rough halt... It was the first time i was living REAL hellish opiates withdrawals and it was a nightmare... of course 8 days later when I got more money I decided to not pay my usual full amount for the credit card and keep more money in my normal bank account so that I could afford more pills to avoid the withdrawals, I lasted a while like this then I though I really needed to stop and I needed help, I told my mom about my drug consumption, I started doing NA Meetings, I started trying to lower by myself (Not efficient) and do whatever I could to make this come to an halt, I was also looking for therapy centers and detoxes available to me...

2 weeks ago my mom was unable to persist with the lie of living in the same house as her husbamd and him not knowing I was using drugs and she is such an honest person she had to tell him but he didn't accept it so he turned the situation around on me and convinced my mom that the best thing for me, them and the house was that I get the Fuck Out so they left me 24h to pack my things and go so I resorted to my best friend, who housed me... but after no result came after 5 more days they decided to ask me to leave as well...

My choices are very hard, im very afraid of the cold turkey detox, I want a detox that is gradual and that the center handles my consumption and lowers it week by week until the last step is low enough for me to be able to quit easily but the only place that would accept me now works with the cold turkey technique, can you guys please tell me some good news about them (Thoses kind of places).

Ill either have to go there or go in a bench park...
Please tell me something that is good about those places or maybe some of you guys who are from Montreal or around (or basicallly anywhere as long as they can take me Now I could just go on a bus ride to where ever and come back clean)

Do those cold turkey places use loperamide to help with withdrawals or do they let you live the hell of full opiates withdrawals???

How much of loperamide should I use every how many hours if my hydromorphone consumption is ATM from 4 to 8 mg PER dose and around 3-4 doses a day ( basically 12 to 32mg a day of dilaudid injected IV of course is what i'm using atm) so how would be the best way to get out of all this mess....?

Thanks alot

PS: On the replies I got from the other post I had made, someone tralked about 5-HTM, I'd like to have more info, what is this and what purpose can it play in helping me detox from hydromorphone... Also, the drug Clonidine, never heard of it, suboxone either, only heard about methadone but anyway, if you could give me any information on this, any help would be appreciated, I will go through a rough time very soon, atm I have 1 more hour to confirm that I will accept the cold turkey detox from the center that I will have to go to, cuz I don't have much choices, it's either that or a bench park with squirrels... so... I'll prefer the detox even tho it's not a method I like, they said MAYBE I could go on the methadone program.

I'm taking my LAST dose now... probably a little 6mg... this will be the last one, i have no other left, I'm drugless after this... and then I'll start a very hard battle that will last probably the rest of my life..... any help is appreciated.

If you really want help, add me on Skype, or PM me, for how I quit huge quantities of hydromorphone without rehab, methadone, suboxone, or any serious issues. I even caught a nod occasionally, while tapering with my tool, poppy seed tea. At least it was cheaper, and not as addicting without the rush; it let me wean off upwards of 40-55mg of dilaudid per day, almost cold turkey, with absolutely minimal withdrawal symptoms, almost all of them psychological as the physical ones were literally CURED.

I've posted info on this before, otherwise I would again. Search Poppy Seeds + Druidus to find the threads. Otherwise, contact me through a PM or on Skype as Druidus-Logos.

I would use 60-100mg of loperamide per day to avoid physical withdrawal and attain some mental ease. It's not as good as poppy seed tea, or as cheap. A couple kilograms go a long way, used right. I'd dose the strongest one in the morning, right after waking, and within thirty minutes I'd be starting to feel better. Within hours, I'd be normal feeling, and could forget the withdrawal. I'd dose a lighter moderated dose somewhere just after, about, or before morphine's half-life, and that'd usually be good enough to sleep with if I didn't stay up too late. A final third strong dose was occasionally needed; likely also due to differences in quantity of morphine in different samples. If the third dose was strong enough, I wouldn't even wake up in withdrawal.

Seriously, I've quit a few times, and honestly, poppy seed tea saved my life. I couldn't have done it without. It was so much the same as being high on the hydromorphone, but without the need to procure illicit substances and IV them, and lacking the terrifyingly addictive rush. Once I found that dose, I just lowered it over weeks.

Last edited:
Is tapering not an option? No access to other opiates? I do not recommend using loperamide, I would rather go cold turkey.

Why don't you just call your prescribing doctor and tell him you want to get off it for now and avoid discontinuation syndrome?

My prescribing doctor doesn't want to RX me drugs just so I can taper by myself on it... She keeps saying about how some things are legal and others put in danger their possession of the medical liscence they have psssshhhh... Oh well can't speak it's'not like i'm there yet but if I was i'd definately try to get the best for my patient specially that she is my family dopctor for 7 years now. But atm some stuff happened since i posted this, shortly after i posted it i was brought to an hospital where they tried unsuccessfully to detox me by giving me 12mg, 3 times a day by oral route and reduring of 3mg per day
The 3 to -> 0 day was the harsest, and enen if it was like quittung and coming hacits like th is thing you qhow where you cannot explain things but. They kust happen lol anyway. After i got out of there i stayed on the 3mg step until i was rdy, tried ti dtop and failes and that day i called pusher for more, heroin and dilaudid were on the menu, for around 120$ :(
So i kept using small doses but im feeling like im loosing it everyday a little more and im starting to feel like bigger doses are requires everyday, i know the kind of perso. Ineed to tk to in situation like this is the helper i choose from the fraternity NA or DAA or whatever. ;) i know im jusyt starting and all but whjats the best thing to do from now on, tapering is an option but i havent been really sucessfull on the whole self control thing so far
Also this thing makes me drowsy as hell so i end up ytaking high doses of taurine, ginseng etc (energy drinks) to stay awake. Anyway any comments would be appreciated im high as im writing thi spls dont judge me

I suggest going on suboxone when you get down past 3mg.