• 🇳🇿 🇲🇲 🇯🇵 🇨🇳 🇦🇺 🇦🇶 🇮🇳
    Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

how to clean crackpipe?

I Burn off some steel wool so there's no more smoke coming off it. There must be some kind of cleaning agent on it because the first time I used it to clean it tainted the glass. Then oneday I burnt off the steel wool and so much smoke came off it it freaked me. Then I burnt it off till no more smoke came off it and that's what I use now :)

Hold it over a gas burner for ten minutes - cleans anything off - residue can be scraped of with a small bit of a scourer pad.

I accidentally scratched the bottom of the bowl with a sharp object when cleaning (yeah I know, should've known better) as I was using it to pin down the bit of magic eraser to wipe the inside of the bowl when it slipped. Anyways... Now there is a black dirty line that no amount of magic erasing can clean out (because the residue is getting into the scratch). Whats the best way to clean this out and make it look like new again?
1) heat it red hot on the stove top, hoping that the residue will burn off and the molten glass will remelt and smooth over the scratch?
2) soak it in over cleaner/bleach?

Place pipe in large coffee cup, fill with bleach untill bowl is submergered. Place in microwave for 1.5 minutes. Leave and let soak for 10-15 mins. Rinse out throughly with hot water. It will look like a brand new one!!

What kind of bleach though? my gf's laundry cupboard has white king premium bleach, white king bathroom bleach, domestos germkill bleach, and generic floor cleaner with bleach. Or do I need to go to bunnings and get pure sodium hydroxide? (caustic soda, then dissolve in coffee cup of warm water first)

why not isopropyl alcohol+salt?
^^^ this
After selling the shit for years I've seen alcohol used more than anything else. Saw my mom light her hair on fire once with this method but it was the old school nipbottle kabuki type pipe...

Have found Ajax and a nylon test tube brush does the trick. Depending on what style/make your sweet pipe is - the bottom access hole can be large enough to fit a ball end brush into aswell

Last edited by a moderator:
not many people know this one, put a tiny drop of bleach in the pipe and put it in the micro wave for 20 seconds take it out give it a rinse with water, then dry it with a jet lighter and magic sponge and it will turn a rancid pipe bran new

Place pipe in large coffee cup, fill with bleach untill bowl is submergered. Place in microwave for 1.5 minutes. Leave and let soak for 10-15 mins. Rinse out throughly with hot water. It will look like a brand new one!!

This is what Ive done for ages now. I find its the quickest and comes out super clean. No abrasives. Perfect.

Try brake cleaner its made up of

COMPONENT % by Wt.
Acetone 20 - 30
Toluene 35 - 45
Methanol 25 - 35
Carbon dioxide 5 – 10

Should work, if they aren't usefull enough components contained in the brake cleaner try search for different brands

Also maybe industrial glass cleaner with solvent properties and characteristics that bust grime and most widely used cutting agents that are commonly associated with the grimey black left in glass pipes

I used a magic eraser for the first time today and was amazed how well it works! I couldnt reach parts of the pipe though so my friend got his blowtorch out and wow! It made it look BRAND NEW!

In the past ive used steel wool(after I sat it on the stove for a few minutes to burn off all the soap/shit thats on it, if you hold a lighter to steel wool you will notice how much smoke comes off it and the first time I used it without burning it off I smoked out of it and it tasted like soap and chemicals. From now on its magic eraser or a blowtorch.

Best way I've found is to take 100proof liquor (everclear) put a lil bit in pipe and shake it, pour into a plate and light on fire the liquid will evaporate and you'll be left with the purest shit you'll ever hit in your life

I think we are talking about crack pipe cleaning. There are two ways either use ethanol (grain alcohol) soak the brillo and pipe,filter then slowing evaporate the alcohol water (NO OPEN FLAME). Electric stove on med works fine. Don't use methanol or IPA. Wont work. It will leave a brown resin in the bottom that will turn white when you scrape but I think this is a waste of time. Pushe the brillo while it is stiil hot a few time through the pipe to soak up the dark oil then. Take the long piece of coat hanger and bend it very slightly and after everything is cooled down take your time and scrape all the resin until the pipe is almost clear and you will get a big pile of brown/white crack. Super powerful hit.

Bizarrely, some Australians call meth pipes "crack pipes".
We don't really have a market ror crack here - cocaine is far too expensive in australia.

So i can see why it would be pretty confusing (and seem pretty stupid - frankly it is!) to someone in Texas. But yeah, this is Australia Drug Discussion, so it is referring to meth pipes.
Not sure if the same cleaning advice applies - but meth pipes are pretty fragile, i wouldn't imagine a coat hanger being much use in cleaning a meth pipe :)

Hehe these discussions bring back memory's �� there's honestly no need to use any chemicals or magic eraser
. Put your tap on hot High pressure and hold stem and let the water hit the bowl and gush threw coming out the stem. 30 seconds and ur done. Make sure to dry with hairdryer and not anything else. Once the waters evaporated it will be as clean as a brand new one. The puddles will slide around with ease just like the first crystal you use in a brand new pipe. I usually add Colgate toothpaste during the water cleans simply for the awesome taste in the next round. Always been a glassy boy but I'm chasin the dragon almost as much as the glassy now. What's u get competent at the foil method I rate it over the pipe. Cleaner, stronger.
But last of all ❤ icebongs❤ .. Just had one then breakfast in bed. In my opinion icebongs dramatically are the winner of glassy vs foil vs icebong. The rush is just nuts and soooo clean. Doctor pepper and two ice cubes.. Such an orgasmic hit! ❤✨

Q. Hydrocarbon lighter fluid? BTW this is for a pipe that's been used FOR crack.
I know that it's used (likely with 0-fucks-given) for DMT extraction by some, but hey = I'm smoking all sorts and .... yeah they won't be able to re-purpose my lungs upon leaving this meat-sack! :rolleyes:
Bad idea even after washing with all the usual suspects?