• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Stimulants How to appear normal during meth use

If you're on a relevant dose, it's noticeable to your fellow drug users
If you're around family or people who know you well, it's probably noticeable unless they're naive, not paying attention, or don't give a shit
If you think it's noticeable, it's noticeable to regular civilians, is a good rule of thumb
If you don't think it's noticeable, you might be OK, or perhaps more likely, be far gone enough that it's really fuckin' noticeable

As a rule I'd say after 3 days of no sleep and tweaking it's almost always noticeable. But I've met some people that hide it scary well

I just avoid contact lol. That or weed gets me chill and i dont look very tweaked.

Last edited:
This is such a mark of disrespect. You strut over here from drugs-forum.com and assume that this is just a fucking clone of that website, don't you? Come here asking for advice and help without even a hint of any common courtesy or manners (who gives a fuck, right? this is just a placeholder cos drugs-forum.com isn't answering you fast enough, right?) not a please or a thank you or fucking anything, just demanding answers. If that wasn't bad enough you couldn't even be fucked to glance over the rules, which explicitly forbid that SWIM shit cos WE ARE NOT FUCKING DRUGS FORUM.COM, not even a quick glance at a single other thread, which would have shown you that nobody uses it and that it isn't allowed here. It's so fucking arrogant and disrespectful and always a mark of willful ignorance whenever people come here spouting that SWIM shit. If you can't even be bothered to glance at the rules or even a single other thread why the fuck should anyone here help you? fuck off back to drugs-forum.com since you actually bothered to read their fucking rules.

You showed him. Glad I was holding you back bro or you woulda kill him brooooo

Try not picking your face and telling others about the tiny people coming to take over the world! Sorry just being a dick it's natural. the best way is to avoid people while severly tweaking. When we are at our most noticeable we think we are good!

What I prefer to do when on speed, is act as if I'm tired. I can keep my eyelids hanging, making my pupils more difficult to be spotted and I can do stuff, but when I feel as if I'm destroying my heart, I have an excuse to quit doing what I'm doing and take a break. With meth, I never really worried as much as when I'm on speed, but I guess the same would apply.

People used to be horrified when they'd see me do a half G shot and start yawning and actually get tired, considering one point of what I sold them had them coughing and dry wretching/vomiting....this was towards the end of a 9month all day everyday run (which was the end of a decade + love affair with amps), eventually my body got so used to the drug and because I had probably only slept for 4 1/2 months out of the 9 months I could sleep half an hour after a mix and I could easily sit down and eat a steak dinner. I would still get a full on rush from the shot but due to fatigue I appeared normal if not a little tired all the time.

At least with that drug I could just stop, sleep for 4 weeks and then be right. Opiates on the other hand, grrrrr FUCK!

Ever get out of your car to go into a gas station after smoking a blunt? You walk in thinking everything is cool and noone will notice, but as you put your giant soda, five different candy bars, and a six pack of crap beer on the counter the cashier points out that you have a blunt roach stuck to your shirt and bits of weed in your teeth?

What crap were you sold...

Me, buying shit? I was a cook mate with a massive habit, 50mgs used to scare a few of my regulars, opting for the 20-30mg mark delivered a great rush and plenty of legs without the vomit cough. Folks with no tolerance would get fucked up in the 10-15mg range. Others around here who were/are good chef's will understand what I'm talking about.

If you weren't referring to me then I apologize for coming across as a twat.

I was talking to you, indeed, and I still kind of do, though less since:
A cook/chef implies following a recipe, which implies lack of chemistry knowledge.
You were not buying a cut substance, fair enough on that part, but I think it's safe to assume that you didn't have a GC/MS or other analysis machines that result in a purity percentage output?

If I'm correct on these 2 points, I find it arrogant that you're calling yourself good, without any verification whatsoever.
If I'm correct on one of these points, I'll give you the benefit of the doubt.
But if I'm wrong on both, I apologize for coming across as a twat ;)

Ever get out of your car to go into a gas station after smoking a blunt? You walk in thinking everything is cool and noone will notice, but as you put your giant soda, five different candy bars, and a six pack of crap beer on the counter the cashier points out that you have a blunt roach stuck to your shirt and bits of weed in your teeth?

Lol, oh yeah that's great. Certainly dropped small bags of weed and powder as I pull my wallet from my pocket right in front of the cashier. That scenario is worse when there is a queue of folks lined up behind you, you just want to run and hide.

Whenever a friend or whoever would tell me that they just don't get stoned anymore, I always tell em to have a smoke and then turn up to your nannas house for a cup of tea and a chat, and then see if you're unaffected by your pot. I used "nanna" as an example but it's about that setting - somewhere and/or in someone's company you would normally be sober around. You're stoned but smoking bud all day everyday in your dank basement has you very comfortable.

I was talking to you, indeed, and I still kind of do, though less since:
A cook/chef implies following a recipe, which implies lack of chemistry knowledge.
You were not buying a cut substance, fair enough on that part, but I think it's safe to assume that you didn't have a GC/MS or other analysis machines that result in a purity percentage output?

If I'm correct on these 2 points, I find it arrogant that you're calling yourself good, without any verification whatsoever.
If I'm correct on one of these points, I'll give you the benefit of the doubt.
But if I'm wrong on both, I apologize for coming across as a twat ;)

Why would this upset you man? And lol at having GC/MS at home.....that's what universities are for. I notice there appear to be sites online that folks can send their creations to for testing nowadays, not during my years unfortunately. It's really not something anyone but the lab rat cares about, folks that get fucked up on half a point know it's the best or on par with the best they have had.

Arrogant? Mate this isn't a difficult task for anyone as long as you're able to muster up suitable ingredients and you have the know how. Everyone these days have it easy with the step by step internet methods, that shit was not around for me then, I was mentored which is the best way imo because there are a million mistakes you do not have to make if your teacher has already made those mistakes, on the flip side if you don't have some basic knowledge it obviously can be quite risky.

I was gonna be a smart ass and just answer you with "ok man, thanks", but I can't help but notice the long leap from following a recipe implies little to no chemistry knowledge, and chef or cook is slang. With enough practise you may not need to follow your notes (recipe) but I always kept logs and wrote notes especially if I'm trying to improve what I'm doing, I do this for just about any hobby or project - usually something gardening vege growing related these days. I wouldn't be even posting on this forum if I was still doing highly illegal aforementioned shit, that's maximum jail time in this country, seen folks do less time on a murder conviction.

I'm still a little confused as to why you took issue with me actually, I'm missing something.

Since we're going completely off-topic here, I'll PM a reply.
Carry on, topic :0

I've never done meth but I have a feeling the main problem is lack of sleep. I've stayed up for a days just with opiates and I start acting really fucked up and weird after day 2, not full blown psychosis but I constantly mutter to myself and start thinking and doing really strange things. I can only imagine what would happen if I had a drug that promoted being awake and euphoria. I can just pass it off as being tired but I never go past 2 1/2 days.. Maybe I'm being naive not having experience with stimulants, but get some sleep and eat something and you'll be okay. And yes of course people will notice. You can have the most incredible will power in the world, the perfect cover story and use makeup, eyedrops, etc to cover up a few days of use but if you're awake for a week straight and not eating while taking stimulants constantly people are going to notice no matter what you do.

Using downers won't always mask the odd behaviors brought on by meth use. People who know me can always tell when I've been hitting the pipe, no matter if I took heroin or benzos on top of it.

I can spot a tweaker a mile away. Dude digging holes in his yard at 1am? Tweaker. Skinny ass girl zipping around at a party after several shots of hard liquor? Tweaker. Teenage kid sitting in a diner with his family picking around in his food and obsessively looking over his shoulder and wiping/touching his face? Tweaker.

A couple of my friends and I will sit downtown and play "spot the tweaker" since meth is huge here. It's pretty amusing.

I'm going way off topic here. Lol

I used to do this for years, staying with parents (even though im over 30, it was convenient for me at the time), was when I did it the most. Very large doses for many days, always with family around and never got caught. You can even read some of my old crazy posts here to confirm how hard i went.

My experience in hiding it: (Note here im talking about reasonably controlled oral or nasal dosages. Not sure how IV or smoking level usage differs but im sure its worse)

1. If you are around users and people who know the signs and have seen it happen to themselves or others, its almost impossible to hide it.
Even the incorrect small comment or small tick of the hand or head scratch will give you away instantly.
This is why its always so easy to spot and hook up with other users when out somewhere. Its so obvious to other users its almost like a psychic intuition.

2. For people who know it exists and perhaps that know you did it in the past, but have no experience with symptoms directly in some way (like an inexperienced parent, family member or friend), is relatively easy to hide from.

Thing is stims are cool because they give you that sense of control, thats why people use them, they are functional, in reasonable manageable dosages. Therefore in reasonable dosages and maybe day 1 or two max without sleep, its really easy to hide it from most people, even in relatively large dosages. The thing they most they will notice is that you are more sociable, in a better mood and generally happier, if they are not specifically looking for signs of drug use. Easily explained away due to the few beers they say you have earlier.

What I found however is the times when its almost impossible to hide it, or at least hide that that something "odd" or "wierd" is up with you, is after 2 or more days without sleep, large doses or with the comedown. Basically all situations when you are not in the prime phase of the drug. So its when the side effects of the drug come into play more then the positive effects, thats when your risk at being noticed in some way becomes a major issue.

For me it could always be played off as due to my anxiety issues, hangover, "didn't sleep very well last night", etc, things like that. The worst most obvious things that would scare people i would do it around was around day 3 or 4 after having to much when the over stim side effects are overtaking the good stuff, and you are drinking to take the edge off, pass out, spasm during your sleep, mutter to yourself, start groaning and making strange noises, get that constant nervous cough or hair stoke tick etc. Thats when it gets bad and you need to avoid people. But even then if you try hard enough, you can explain things away in my experience, even if people know something is up.

So to sum it up, even on huge doses early on, its a stim, so its easy to hide, if you actually feel the need to do so and care about hiding it from those you are around, but its down the road when the anxiety and near psychosis is creeping in that its really hard and its best to excuse yourself from company and claim illness or some other reason to lock yourself away and ride it out.

I'll chime in again - I think the most enjoyable times on meth (assuming fairly pure d-methamp) are when you feel so good that you're under control - not too talkative unless you want to be - that's when people are less likely to notice in me. First day or two.

Also, true to all the above-it's the burn't out feeling that you'll convey quickly or if you do a massive amount and just plain tweak fom the beginning.