Please read before posting:
    Forum Guidelines Bluelight Rules
  • CEPS Moderators: cduggles | Deru | mal3volent
  • Bluelight HOT THREADS
  • Let's Welcome Our NEW MEMBERS!

How the British stole $45 trillion dollars from India from 1765 to 1938

Buzz Lightbeer

Bluelighter
I can't put a time limit on that, who am I. I believe so called rules should be fairly intuitive, think colonization.

But you're mostly spectacularly missing the point of articles like this one, and people pointing out similar injustices. It seems it's been pointed out before. Let's stop the focus on numbers

Nipper76

Bluelighter
Apologise*

Yanks need to apologise for bastardising the queen's English. Oxford English Dictionary is the standard, not some Mirriam Webster shite.

birdup.snaildown

Bluelighter
American English is much closer to traditional English than the modern UK variant which was heavily influenced by French. English is a Germanic language. Brits spell colour with a "u" because they added it. The original spelling is the same as the American spelling.

dalpat077

Bluelighter
Apologise*

Yanks need to apologise for bastardising the queen's English. Oxford English Dictionary is the standard, not some Mirriam Webster shite.
Given that I agree with you I figure it better coming from me than somebody else. The Queen is always capitalised! :)

Xorkoth

🎨 ARTministrator 🎨
Staff member
None of that translates to "I just want acknowledgement" to me... The tone is aggressive and (more important to me) it is riddled with falsehoods.

Good point, admittedly I didn't actually read the OP, I was replying to some of the replies.

I disagree with this. If you said European and Asian nations, I would be much closer to agreeing with you... but I still wouldn't agree. The last sentence I quoted here talks vaguely about "some responsibility". What do you mean by this: reparations?

No, I meant more like the acknowledgement that the fact that they're in shambles doesn't mean they are inferior humans.

I'm not saying you said that, but a lot of people use the state of these countries as a personal judgment against the nature of the people themselves, it's very commonly done and has become a central theme of a lot of threads like these in CEPS.

birdup.snaildown

Bluelighter
I don't think other people are inferior (who in this thread has actually said that?) but I also don't think they were as successful... and I don't think that is entirely because we cheated or were more ruthless. I am proud of our accomplishments. Everybody was ruthless. I am proud we beat Nazi Germany. We certainly weren't more ruthless than they were.