• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

How strong of a pain killer is kratom compared to pain meds

My 2cents. I'm a fairly recent user of Kratom. I have a serious neuromuscular illness that has made pain my constant companion for going on 30 years. I've been on hydrocodone for the better part of ten years (prescribed at 10/325 4x a day). My tolerance to hydro is to the point where I wanted to take a break. I bought Kratom as strictly a WD mitigation aid. Surprise surprise! It's a very effective analgesic in its own right. Now, it's quite probable that I'm in the "honeymoon phase" of this relationship. I've only been using Kratom for 6 weeks. That said, it's a sweet little pain reliever. It does very little for me in the "euphoria department," but neither does it slow me down. And yes, it mostly puts hydro WD to bed. It really does more for my pain than TWO of my hydros, and lasts twice as long.

My 2cents. I'm a fairly recent user of Kratom. I have a serious neuromuscular illness that has made pain my constant companion for going on 30 years. I've been on hydrocodone for the better part of ten years (prescribed at 10/325 4x a day). My tolerance to hydro is to the point where I wanted to take a break. I bought Kratom as strictly a WD mitigation aid. Surprise surprise! It's a very effective analgesic in its own right. Now, it's quite probable that I'm in the "honeymoon phase" of this relationship. I've only been using Kratom for 6 weeks. That said, it's a sweet little pain reliever. It does very little for me in the "euphoria department," but neither does it slow me down. And yes, it mostly puts hydro WD to bed. It really does more for my pain than TWO of my hydros, and lasts twice as long.
Hey Indrid! That sounds like you have the kind of docs i have had for pain. You know, the kind that keep you on small doses of opiates. Glad u found kratom! When I have a tough day ahead I make sure I have a few Cimetidine pills which I order a big bottle off amazon iirc. That will bump up your methadone, maybe works for hydro?? Take care, Cfz