• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Heroin How safe is it to shoot heroin at medium to low tolerance?

SoonAJunkie

Bluelighter
Hi all.
As someone whose tolerance is not at ground zero,but has increased vastly(for example,in the past i needed a match head sized heroin dose(snorted) to go VERY HIGH,not being able to move,but now i need like 5 times that amount,or even more to get a good high),how safe is it to shoot it,overdose-wise?I've nearly overdosed in the past from snorted h by the way.

Would shooting a match-head sized heroin amount be dangerous for me?The heroin is potent,it's not bad at all,it's cut of course but just a bit,#3.
PLEASE DON'T PREACH ABOUT how bad heroin is.I KNOW ITS BAD!!!!And i never said i'm gonna use it
im just asking
peace

If you've already come close to OD'ing from snorting dope.. then that means you clearly are not dosing correctly for your tolerance. The danger with IV'ing, is that overdose is much easier. So, if you switch to that ROA, the close calls you had before from snorting.. will become full on OD's if you continue to use like that.

If you're going to shoot up anyway, start with 1/4 of what you would normally snort in a bump. Very small amount to gauge how it effects you.

god, really? last time i logged in here maybe almost a month ago you had some thread where everyone told you not to try heroin, but you did. again, best advice, don't start iving it. second best i guess start really small and try to remember in a few months/years how your life didn't always suck.

EDIT: Having seen the below post, I should add that I've ODed 6 times in the past year. Last time, they kept me in the hospital for 3 days then transferred me to a psych ward/detox because they didn't believe I wasn't suicidal. Hell, maybe they were right. Heroin, moreover IV use in general, has not improved my life in any way.

Last edited:
How safe is it to shoot heroin? Almost everyone who does it for any length of time has a "close call" or an overdose eventually...You might be prone to ODs, some people are...So, I would very carefully consider your reasons for wanting to do this...

Why do you want to IV when you can still get very high from a very small amount of heroin.

IVing with a low tolerance is extremely dangerous. If you get a stronger batch then it's that much easier to kill you. Some people that do 3-4 bag shots have overdosed from doing 2 bag shots of an extra strong batch. So you would only need a tiny bit to get high from shooting it, but half that could kill you if it's stronger than normal so that's an amount that's barely visible. Also if you take a break from dope your tolerance will drop back down so shooting then would be even more dangerous. Instead of looking to use less dope to get high by switching to IVing why don't use just take longer breaks so that you need less to get you high. That shouldn't be a problem for you since you said that you won't get addicted to heroin anyway, right?

It's really a lot more dangerous than it's worth. People usually switch to IVing when it starts taking them 10 bags sniffed to get them high, yet it doesn't even take you 10 tiny bumps to get you high so it makes no sense for you to want to IV.

^Great post. IVing heroin with a low tolerance is like killing a fly with a chainsaw. Why the hell would you want to IV when you're OVERDOSING with the nasal ROA? Don't even THINK about needles while that is possible. If you OD on intranasal I'll be damned if you don't OD if you're reckless and careless enough to IV after reading the responses to your thread.

You again? Look at the I.V. megathread. Caution is the keyword. Titrate up.

Just want to say that this members posting history is a prime example of how quick and progressive heroin addiction is. Within a very short span, the user went from never having tried heroin and justifying the start of it, said it would only be once, then said only a few times, then habitual use, introduced meth to the equation, multiple overdose scares, and now looking to start IV'ing. Picture where he'll be in another year, or two years, or 5... It's scary

Just goes to show how brutal and addictive this crap can be and how quickly it can make you compromise, break your own rules, force you to build walls of denial and further justifications despite blatant negative consequences and repeated advice to stop, etc.

Take this shit seriously people. It's not a game.

^THIS!

...Everything you said Mr. S about the progression of the disease of addiction.

We all started getting high to the point of vomiting from snorting a match-head size of H...remember??? (It's hard to believe now) Then, it get's too exspensive, and you start IM injections, and "Wow!, I can do so much less and get high!"....to, ultimately IV use, and, in the beginning, once again: "Wow! I can do sooo much less and get high", to having nowhere else to go, staying at IV use, and not being able get enough. It's an absolute nightmare.

It's never safe, even if you have been doing it for 10 years, the second you get confident and thinks its safe is when you die.

He also said that it was #3 which is the base form. This form of heroin has a lower bioavailability when snorted than powder or other forms of non base heroin. If you shoot it even that small amount will probably get you dangerously high because it's bioavailability while IV will be much much higher than snorted.