• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Cocaine How safe is Cocaine compared to Speed?

Anything inhibiting the re-uptake of both dopamine AND serotonin is unsafe for abuse.

Correct...From my experience, first consider than finding coke of a pure quality is like finding a needle in a haystack...It exists, albeit even the "clean" stuff exhibits dangerous effects in regards to bp and vasoconstriction...

Acute cocaine toxicity is VERY common....

I personally hate coke and don't do it but I can eat 200mgs of D-amp and be "fine", but if I take a small line of cocaine, I feel like I'm going to die....

The truth is, we don't know why, but with cocaine the heart rate increase is like coffee, the more you take the more your heart definitely increases proportional to the size of the effect. Amphetamines effect on the heart is a little more indirect and variable as it is based on how your brain is feeling.

Amphetamine mainly simulates a conditon similar to exercise or a panic attack when it makes your heart work.

Cocaine literally tells your Heart directly to up the rate it's pumping.

because amphetamines are unnatural, usually your body starts to shut down into a toxic stupor when you OD, instead of keep processing the drugs requests. amphetamine OD usually ends in a catatonic state, frozen, terrified, and disables its own endocrine system until you can filter some out.

Cocaine being natural has an OD ending in death because your body understands it and follows it's orders to pump. It's less neurotoxic so it's responded to by your body with open signals to process where a flood of amphetamine is basically a sick confused error message.

Both are extremely dangerous however to OD on for all kind of risks. You have to be unlucky for it to kill you with meth however, as in, your body's "error message" response has to bust a vessel or pull the wrong string.

Last edited:
I Don't really know anything about which is worse for heart,liver and brain or anything but another thing you should consider is which one causes more damage to your nasal lining. Coke is cut with all kinds of shit that can be really bad for your nose but if you can get some of the Dexedrine Spansules you can crush the little orange beads inside and sift then through some wire mesh and be left with a white powder that's nearly 100% pure dextroamphetamine. I also think Dexedrine is just a better drug. I know damage to the nose isn't important compared to damage to the heart or other vital organs but I still thought it was worth mentioning.

cocaine is better for the Brain than amp. This is insignificant at therapeutic amounts though. Meth addicts will burn up pleasure centers, cocaine addicts don't lose any neurotransmitters Compared to that. A chronic cocaine user's brain changes to become more fiend like, but a meth user is obliterating dopamine and serotonin in itself.

cocaine is better for the Brain than amp. This is insignificant at therapeutic amounts though. Meth addicts will burn up pleasure centers, cocaine addicts don't lose any neurotransmitters Compared to that. A chronic cocaine user's brain changes to become more fiend like, but a meth user is obliterating dopamine and serotonin in itself.

Not true
http://www.sciencenewsline.com/summary/2016011913150015.html
Working with mice, researchers at Johns Hopkins have contributed significant new evidence to support the idea that high doses of cocaine kill brain cells by triggering overactive autophagy, a process in which cells literally digest their own insides.

im sure its still way, way better to withdraw from cocaine then methamp. Other than craving cocaine, cocaine addicts, do not have as much long term Anhedonia.

Let's put it this way, assume someone enjoys tennis, a cocaine addict will stop playing tennis in favor of cocaine but once he quits and finishes withdrawing he will be able to experience nearly the same brain playing tennis and enjoying it as the past. For meth, after quitting you may never pick up a racquet again.

I am a D amp user, and use about 40-70 mg of it in a day 3-5 times a week, so I really have no experience using meth or cocaine to begin with.

I think even methamp under Tripple digits is unlikely to screw you over long term but your brain is basically fried if your every single day, or at all regularly consuming 250-500 mg of any amphetamine.

The only high dose meth addicts that can get off and feel happy again eventually are people that are Very very Neurotypical or neuro regular.

Even Heroin you can come back to normal if you punish yourself.

Last edited:
What would you have to say about normal amphetamine in that respect if coke and meth work in their ways. How does amphetamine work?

im sure its still way, way better to withdraw from cocaine then methamp. Other than craving cocaine, cocaine addicts, do not have as much long term Anhedonia.

Let's put it this way, assume someone enjoys tennis, a cocaine addict will stop playing tennis in favor of cocaine but once he quits and finishes withdrawing he will be able to experience nearly the same brain playing tennis and enjoying it as the past. For meth, after quitting you may never pick up a racquet again.

I am a D amp user, and use about 40-70 mg of it in a day 3-5 times a week, so I really have no experience using meth or cocaine to begin with.

I think even methamp under Tripple digits is unlikely to screw you over long term but your brain is basically fried if your every single day, or at all regularly consuming 250-500 mg of any amphetamine.

The only high dose meth addicts that can get off and feel happy again eventually are people that are Very very Neurotypical or neuro regular.

Even Heroin you can come back to normal if you punish yourself.
The OP is asking about normal amphetamine, not methamphetamine..

What would you have to say about normal amphetamine in that respect if coke and meth work in their ways. How does amphetamine work?
UTSE for their respective pharmacodynamics and pharmacokinetics..

Normal amphetamine Is not that bad for you in moderate dose ranges. using 200-300 mg of addy/dex a day is much worse for you than cocaine on neurotoxicity, however.

^ do you have a source for that?
200-300mg is like ten times the therapeutic dosage so to compare it you'd need to take a a gram of pure cocaine a day, this'll fuck up your heart (blockage of cardiac sodium channels iirc)