• Bar GraphicOpen Late Graphic

🍸🍻 The Lounge 🍻🍸

Welcome Guest!

Forum GuidelinesBluelight Rules
  • Lounge Moderators: andyturbo | BK38 | D's | mal3volent
  • Bluelight HOT THREADS
  • Let's Welcome Our NEW MEMBERS!

Muppet How retarded are the locals near you being about the fucking coronavirus?

JTemperance

Bluelighter
My state has got 48 hours from last night before a 2 week "lockdown" begins. I know it probably won't end at that point, but I hope to God it does, since paid time off isn't going to cover us too long...

Xorkoth

🎨 ARTministrator 🎨
Staff member
They're working on signing a bill today or tomorrow to expand unemployment, pay out a one-time payment to each individual (I hope they only do it for those out of work even though I would like to suddenly get money, but I work from home so I'm not out of work), and funnel money towards helping small businesses survive. At least that's what some senator said in an interview on the radio this morning. As I understand it, news of this incoming bill is why the stock market went way up today.

CoastTwoCoast

Bluelighter
I really hope they do that! I signed 2 petitions the other day so people can get unemployment and so restaurants won’t go under.

My friend was a waiter at a high class Italian restaurant and overnight, he was let go. They should be able to get paid of course.

Reactions: CFC

CFC

Bluelight Crew
just got off the phone with my german friend. he's on day 7-8 of corona but his fever finally shot over 40C (104-105) tonight and he couldn't bring it down with paracetamol. so i got him to call an ambulance and go into hospital 😨

he's never been so hot, but his other symptoms are comparatively average. he was the one who started out saying corona seemed pretty minor and a bit of a joke ☹

mal3volent

Sr. Moderator: CEPS, TL, S&G
Staff member
just got off the phone with my german friend. he's on day 7-8 of corona but his fever finally shot over 40C (104-105) tonight and he couldn't bring it down with paracetamol. so i got him to call an ambulance and go into hospital 😨

he's never been so hot, but his other symptoms are comparatively average. he was the one who started out saying corona seemed pretty minor and a bit of a joke ☹

that's terrible... having a fever that high is a horrible feeling

Reactions: CFC

JessFR

Sr. Moderator: AADD, H&R, TDS
Staff member
it's not the government's place to force us to is all I'm saying.

Of course it is. It's literally only their place. It's one of the few essential things a basic government should do.

And it's not new. This will not be the first use of quarantine in America, and if anything this is far far more relaxed than it has been in the past.

In the past they'd much more likely confine you with other sick people in a particular quarantine establishment.

This has gone to court before, it's not going against American tradition or precedent or anything.

CFC

Bluelight Crew
yeah im lucky mine never went over 39.5C and tbh i never felt insanely hot and was surprised when i took readings and realised i was hyperthermic.

his has been going up for 2-3 days and we hoped it was going to break today, as his partner's fever broke the day before (they both caught corona about the same time).

ghostandthedarknes

Bluelighter
Of course it is. It's literally only their place. It's one of the few essential things a basic government should do.

And it's not new. This will not be the first use of quarantine in America, and if anything this is far far more relaxed than it has been in the past.

In the past they'd much more likely confine you with other sick people in a particular quarantine establishment.

This has gone to court before, it's not going against American tradition or precedent or anything.
constitution not tradition or precedent. they do not have the power.

mal3volent

Sr. Moderator: CEPS, TL, S&G
Staff member
yeah im lucky mine never went over 39.5C and tbh i never felt insanely hot and was surprised when i took readings and realised i was hyperthermic.

his has been going up for 2-3 days and we hoped it was going to break today, as his partner's fever broke the day before (they both caught corona about the same time).

are you feeling a little better man? I'm really glad you are still posting, I was worried you'd be gone when you stepped down. You are such a great presence here <3

JessFR

Staff member
constitution not tradition or precedent. they do not have the power.

Oh yes they do. Its gone to court before and the courts have always held that the government does indeed have the right to protect society by quarantining people.

You have constitutional right to challenge it in court. But you'd be bound to lose because of repeated precedent that governments can quarantine people provided they can show there is a real threat to public health, and provided its not entirely arbitrary who's been quarantined. Which is to say provided they don't say, quarantine anyone who says trumps a dumbass.

You might feel that it's unamerican or something, but you gotta remember the health system used to be much more primitive. There's lots of existing litigation around health orders because serious epidemics used to be more common. It's just it's all mostly a hundred years old. But its never been overturned and it would doubtless be upheld in this circumstance.

Last edited:

ghostandthedarknes

Bluelighter
Oh yes they do. Its gone to court before and the courts have always held that the government does indeed have the right to protect society by quarantining people.

You have constitutional right to challenge it in court. But you'd be bound to lose because of repeated precedent that governments can quarantine people provided they can show there is a real threat to public health, and provided its not entirely arbitrary who's been quarantined. Which is to say provided they don't say, quarantine anyone who says trumps a dumbass.

You might feel that it's unamerican or something, but you gotta remember the health system used to be much more primitive. There's lots of existing litigation around health orders because serious epidemics used to be more common. It's just it's all mostly a hundred years old. But its never been overturned and it would doubtless be upheld in this circumstance.
Until the Constitution is amended it stands.

JessFR

Staff member
there is no ammendment. no matter the ruling of any court, it is not the law of the land.

No amendment for what? What specifically is your constitutional argument?

And regardless of our own interpretations. If the courts interpret the constitution in a particular way. That's it. Unless you amend it, disagreeing with the interpretation has no practical implication.

ghostandthedarknes

Bluelighter
No amendment for what? What specifically is your constitutional argument?

And regardless of our own interpretations. If the courts interpret the constitution in a particular way. That's it. Unless you amend it, disagreeing with the interpretation has no practical implication.
agreed it must be amended . to disagree is to challenge the government when it violates the constitution. wtf?