• Bar GraphicOpen Late Graphic

🍸🍻 The Lounge 🍻🍸

Welcome Guest!

Forum GuidelinesBluelight Rules
  • Lounge Moderators: andyturbo | mal3volent | w01fg4ng
  • Bluelight HOT THREADS
  • Let's Welcome Our NEW MEMBERS!

Muppet How retarded are the locals near you being about the fucking coronavirus?

Xorkoth

Administrator: PD, TR, P&S
Staff member
I always thought it was stupid that distilling alcohol is illegal but beer and wine making aren't. Then someone told me it's only illegal to distill if you try to sell it. But not sure if that's true.

Coffeeshroom

Bluelighter
Today I mowed the lawn of 2 houses up and then there neighbour moaned as im making a noise while his trying to have his video/online conference calls and the backround noise was disturbing him. So he asked me if i could just wait 15 min and i then i could carry on, nice as i am i waited and finished my job. Funny enough later on as i was busy finishing up this same neighbor came to me and asked if i can mow his lawn tomorrow too. lol the irony. But i said yes and now have more work for tomorrow and some extra income and above else something to keep me busy and stop from going crazy and thinking of H

Gormur

Bluelighter
I don't know if it's different everywhere but the local bar has a now open sign outside since this morning. It seems like retail stores are still closed though

I noticed earlier at the grocery store, they don't use gloves. Like the people stocking the freezers in the back of the store didn't even wear masks. Apparently they never do

Maybe it's the way I was brought up, but wearing gloves seems important to stop the spread of germs. I guess people think germs are something separate from viruses. It kind of boggles my mind

Xorkoth

Staff member
I don't know if it's different everywhere but the local bar has a now open sign outside since this morning. It seems like retail stores are still closed though

I noticed earlier at the grocery store, they don't use gloves. Like the people stocking the freezers in the back of the store didn't even wear masks. Apparently they never do

Maybe it's the way I was brought up, but wearing gloves seems important to stop the spread of germs. I guess people think germs are something separate from viruses. It kind of boggles my mind
Well gloves actually don't really do a whole lot unless you change them constantly. Everything you touch with gloves on gets on the gloves just like it would your hands. Doctors use gloves, but change them between every single patient/task which is why they work. Grocery store workers would have to change them every time they touched their face or stocked a product for them to really do anything. Putting on a pair of gloves when you get to work and not changing them many times through the day is exactly as effective as washing your hands when you get to work and not wearing gloves.

They should be wearing masks though, masks will do a lot to help prevent viruses from shedding onto things if they're sick. Not foolproof by any means, but helpful and workers (and others in public) should be doing it.

Gormur

Bluelighter
I guess I mean people spread disease through their hands too when they cough on them

Oh well I'm not one who gets illnesses so it's not my place really, but I thought it was interesting. People should at least be consistent with their fears. Believe me I am ;)

JGrimez

Temporary Ban
Tons of people probably have it.
That might be used to clamp down again whenever the governments feel like it,
It's basically a bad flu.
These anti-police protests have kinda exposed the corona-chan hype.

w01fg4ng

Moderator: TL, CD
Staff member
I'd imagine a few would like to let us know but on whim most people don't bring a phone charger to plug into the hospital's wall. Since they don't allow visitors it makes the issue of communication even worse.

CFC

Tech Support
I'd imagine a few would like to let us know but on whim most people don't bring a phone charger to plug into the hospital's wall. Since they don't allow visitors it makes the issue of communication even worse.
Hmph... I always have my hospital bag ready to go for those unfortunate ambulance/ER/A&E moments. Hopefully I remember to reach for it during my next grand mal seizure

PtahTek

Moderator: NMI
Staff member
Since gov started misleading people back out and telling them it was all good:

Over twice as many new cases than ever....
Just sick, IMO; and shows a nefarious greed.

Gormur

Bluelighter
Where do you get those surgical masks? I assumed they had to be ordered because I've only seen dust/allergy masks in stores. Maybe they're behind the counter

I have to go to the bank in a few days and thought about wearing one because it might be a requirement. Plus the idea of wearing a mask inside a bank is funny to me ;)

MDPV_Psychosis

Bluelighter
This is the recommended mask for going inside a bank. Probably should also carry a black squirt gun incase you need to defend your 6 foot bubble of social distancing. Good luck.

Xorkoth

Staff member
Because it DOES prevent it spreading into the air if you have it (hence protects other people), by at least 70%, some figures say higher. It doesn't protect you much at all if someone else isn't wearing a mask and you breathe in their air, but if everyone was wearing masks, it would have a very large impact on the spread. I don't get people refusing to wear masks, just wear a mask, it's not like it's a huge personal sacrifice, even if you don't believe it matters, you're being a dick by refusing to wear one because it makes a bunch of other people uncomfortable. You won't show symptoms for up to 2 weeks but you're contagious part of that time.

I don't think we should all be staying home and everything should be shut down, but I really wish everyone would get on board with wearing a mask when you're inside public spaces. If a substantial percentage of people don't, it makes mask wearing essentially worthless, but it's only worthless because some people think they're too smart for the "plandemic" and taking an incredibly easy precaution that costs them nothing is going to give them face AIDS or something. It could be cutting the rate of transmission by ~70% or more, and combined with hand washing it would become extremely unlikely you'd get it unless someone you live with gets it. I wish it was a nationwide mandate that was enforced... it's the one thing I think we should be enforcing hard. People act like it's such an affront to personal freedom to be forced to wear a mask. It's a fucking piece of cloth over your nose and mouth when you're indoors in public spaces, suck it up, snowflake.