• N&PD Moderators: Skorpio | thegreenhand

how potent of an opiate is tianeptine, really??

Yeah it’s a really nasty drug. I wouldn’t touch it with a barge pole. Studies on its long lasting effects are shocking too. I read recently it was available in shops over there? Like over the counter? Is that correct?

yeah what do you mean its a really nasty drug? you mean fentanyl? i absolutely agree! tianeptine is mostly short acting thats why im confused

Tianeptine is extremely euphoric in high doses, and a full mu opioid agonist. My friend who has since passed (from a fentanyl OD :|) got addicted to tianpetine, like 300-400mg at a time, every few hours, for ~2 months, and said the withdrawal was substantially worse than heroin withdrawal. I guess because it also has some serotonin reuptake inhibitor withdrawals?

In low doses (usually 12.5mg 3 times a day), it is a pretty good antidepressant that avoids the opiate effect.

this is exactly the case with tianeptine. its super addictive because of its short acting duration, plus the withdrawals are indeed worst than heroin, or any other opiate ive tried, including most recently 6 times 2mg doses of morphine a day which was a joke in comparison. i had to actually add tianeptine to morphine to get any pain relief in the hospital, by hiding it in my sock, it was the secret ingredient in my pill cocktail over there :p

btw your friend decided tianeptine was too expensive and causing horrible withdrawals not worth it, so he went to fentanyl?? i dunno about such an idea...

No, she struggled with opiates on and off for a long time. She was also on benzos, etizolam specifically. She got off the tianeptine and was feeling better for a while but she started doing a bunch of 3-MeO-PCP and between that and the benzos and whiskey, she basically totally fell apart, it was awful. Then she tried calling me but I really didn't want to talk to her, and she called our friend and he didn't want to talk to her either, because she was having a total histrionic breakdown. She bought some heroin and shit it up and it was actually fentanyl, we later found out from the toxicology report. She was a Bluelighter actually. We lived in the same town.

why didnt you guys wanna talk to her, mind me asking this personal question. and did you ever see her in the hospital before her death so thats why you know so much about the toxicology report? im asking this as, i find it really hard to get any hospital records or toxiclogy reports on my friends. im not sure how did you get those, as it will greatly help me!!! my current friend is in the worst shape of her life because of alcohol induced liver failure and nobody can give me single information because im just a friend :/

Because every time we were around her, she was trying to convince us she got hurt in order to get attention (we caught her in many lies, she went so far as to wrap her leg in a cast and limp all around and take a phone video of her falling, but we found out the whole time it was a lie to get attention as we started to pull away), and she would freak out and be unbearable to be around at the slightest hint. She also did sketchy stuff a lot. She needed endless support for stuff she was constantly doing to make her life worse, and no amount of support was ever enough for her. I have my doubts whether she even remembered the last year of her life, she was doing so many benzos and drinking so much. We all spent so much time and effort trying to help her, and it had gotten to the point that she was toxic in everyone's life and a huge source of stress. Of course I had no idea she was going to die like that. if I had been able to see the future I would have definitely picked up her call, but I can't see the future. I struggled with a lot of guilt for a long time that I didn't pick up her call that night. But in the end, I really tried to help her, and I was there for her, as much as I could have been. She needed professional help, but the mere suggestion that she might try to seek it caused her to lash out and say horrible things. She was convinced she was doing great, and everyone else had a problem.

No, she died at home alone, she was dead when the paramedics came. We know about the toxicology report because my friend was married to her (they had separated but were still legally married), so he got the toxicology report.

yikes. seems from experience now, most of those, especially when it comes to women addicts, they are can be serious narcissist sociopaths. im sure guys can be the same, but women always get more attention, its much easier for them to act on it and are therefore encouraged to continue without realizing themselves.
your story relates to my experience and i feel some, not much, but some relief because i have to deal with guilt too as i couldnt do shit to help that person.

I have extensive experience with tianeptine.

As sekio pointed out on paper it appears to be only an opioid on paper. It's rapid antidepressant effect likely stems from its very direct affinity for the MOR.

I enjoyed it at first and yes, its availability was surprising. Interestingly, unlike other opioids it doesn't suppress breathing, and in some ways enhanced.

I used to take giant doses (800mg to 1.5g) and be high for 30 hours, but eventually stopped enjoying it for some reason. I did get addicted to it for a bit (around 60 days of daily use) and the withdrawal was relatively severe but short lived. There does seem to be something else beyond MOR agonism with this compound however (as its structure would suggest).

As far as potency I'd describe it as perhaps twice to 2.5x the strength of tramadol.

I enjoyed it for a while but don't anymore. Perhaps synthesis quality changed, but I simply don't feel the same high it used to give and the side-effects are more pronounced.

It is extremely addictive. Take caution.

Frankly I don't see how this topic is categorized as advanced (I still think of this subforum by its old name: advanced drug discussion -- a name I sometimes feel should have been retained).

Am I the only one that experienced extreme irritability from tianpetine (even at low doses)??

No matter what opioid euphoria it gave me I could never enjoy it because it gave me the same irritiablity as quitting nicotine cold turkey.... I didn't want to do anything and hated it... and the nods were not very enjoyable... granted I never did anything about ~150mg

Tianeptine does cause pretty severe irritability but so can kratom. Opioids in general cause irritability but kratom and tianeptine are particularly severe offenders.

I should note ive tried many forms of tianeptine, including the sodium, sulfate, ethyl ester, free amino acid and even the iodine containing variant that is around 4x as potent as tianeptine sodium. Sodium is the best as far as recreational drug.

Keep in mind that when you are getting high on tianeptine you are overdosing on an antidepressant to get high.

Tianeptine does cause pretty severe irritability but so can kratom. Opioids in general cause irritability but kratom and tianeptine are particularly severe offenders.

That's the weirdness of personal chemistry. Kratom never made me irritable in any dose and (for me) has anxiolytic properties

12mg of tianeptine made me get super aggravated, depressed and irritable, large doses made it worse

That's the weirdness of personal chemistry. Kratom never made me irritable in any dose and (for me) has anxiolytic properties

12mg of tianeptine made me get super aggravated, depressed and irritable, large doses made it worse

Try 400mg...it will make you lovey dovey for 2 hours after which the irritability sets in.

Don't actually try it though unless you have good self-control. Also note that current batches float around aren't nearly as nice as what was going around 2 years ago.

Try 400mg...it will make you lovey dovey for 2 hours after which the irritability sets in.

Don't actually try it though unless you have good self-control. Also note that current batches float around aren't nearly as nice as what was going around 2 years ago.

Yeah... I wont. My opinion on opioids in general has changed over the years. I used to fucking pray to the heroin gods every day.... then shit started getting cut, pills started getting faked, friends started dying, high's started sucking ass.... idk man it's part of the reason I don't relapse on it anymore. Hard to explain, but not really.

But yeah tianeptine is one of the few drugs I bought and literally threw away a few days later. I get why people do it, and inject it, but it's just not for me at all. Give me real shit or nothing.

I'm just going from my own perspective. I don't understand how someone can enjoy it when it makes (me) feel so shitty at the same time???? Even at high dose I couldn't enjoy it even though I definitely had an opioid like high. Whatever...

To each his own!

Last edited:

I should note ive tried many forms of tianeptine, including the sodium, sulfate, ethyl ester, free amino acid and even the iodine containing variant that is around 4x as potent as tianeptine sodium. Sodium is the best as far as recreational drug.

Keep in mind that when you are getting high on tianeptine you are overdosing on an antidepressant to get high.

i tried sulfate before with no effect really. so basically all those other types of tianeptine are useless?? does free acid even do anything at all? a lot of people were recommending me sulfate because it lasts longer, doesnt have the same irritable side effect and so on, but i never felt much at all. UNLESS i took grams of the stuff and then i kind of felt pretty OK nothing as special as sodium tho which takes way less than a gram. i just dont get the selling point of the other types of tianeptine, seriously. who actually keeps buying sulfate and FA continuously at all??

i tried sulfate before with no effect really. so basically all those other types of tianeptine are useless?? does free acid even do anything at all? a lot of people were recommending me sulfate because it lasts longer, doesnt have the same irritable side effect and so on, but i never felt much at all. UNLESS i took grams of the stuff and then i kind of felt pretty OK nothing as special as sodium tho which takes way less than a gram. i just dont get the selling point of the other types of tianeptine, seriously. who actually keeps buying sulfate and FA continuously at all??

Sulfate is for those addicted to it and trying to get off. It lasts longer.

No other form is as recreational as sodium.

How much are you taking a day? Once you get used to high doses withdrawal starts to occur just 3.5-4 hours after dosing.

Tianeptine is very addictive, watch out. I really enjoyed it for a while and had very good times on it but it either lost the magic, the synthesis quality degraded or it got boring. I used to really enjoy bombing 800mg and going to a meeting, it was great, itching my nose like a cokehead. But i don't get that rush I used to get from it, just a jittery opioid buzz with alot of nausea. The stuff is pretty caustic and really irritates my stomach these days.

ive stopped for a while and switched to suboxone. my liver enzymes go high when i do tianeptine and alcohol. not sure if its because of tianeptine by itself thats bad for the liver or the combo of alcohol causing this but i decided to switch for a while. until i found out suboxone might cause hepatitis *slap head*

anyway, i used to go as high as 500mg a day sometimes. plus alcohol, always!
its ironic, i started original french Coaxil brand tianeptine and managed to quit alcohol thanks to it, only to end up abusing the powders years later WITH alcohol! damn.
so yeah, ive used tianeptine on & off for 10 years now and I remember I loved the original Coaxil package back in the day. As you said, the quality in those powders might have degraded it pretty bad. I do not feel the same high anymore. I imagine its the tolerance of course being number 1, plus the quality with those chinese powders degrading over time, ugh
I think you should try to either get original french Coaxil, Stablon pills and try and see if you feel anything good again before dismiss. problem is, its hard and expensive to get them! And I gave up since I moved to the US, so whatever, I gotta be careful with them chinese powders online now....

Interestingly got this into the lab at my request. Let the studies begin.

what? is it illegal in ireland to just simply order it online? actually, i believe it is not because nobody even knows what that shit is over there. you can always just get it prescribed as Coaxil for depression there since its Europe.
But anyway, what type of research are you going to do with it? and from which source did you order, can you please tell me?