• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Misc How painful is it to get off baclofen?

Catman28

Greenlighter
I've been on baclofen 20mg 3x a day (60 total) for about 7 years. The muscle spasms it was helping have gotten better with physical therapy and I don't want to be on any drugs I don't need. After months of painful methadone withdrawal (got really bad when I got down to about 40mg from 180 going down about 10mg / month) I don't relish the idea of going through it all over again. Even with the slowest tapers there's only so small you can cut a pill and there's that transitional period where you get used to a new dose. Is baclofen hard to come off of? I've read conflicting things. Thanks.

I'm scripted 80mg of baclofen daily (20mg 4x daily) for alcohol addiction and when I've gone on benders I quit taking my meds and never experienced any withdrawal. 60mg is a relatively low dose - I know people who take insanely high doses for alcoholism, 200+ mg/daily, which I think is crazy (whenever I've taken high doses of baclofen, it leaves me confused and nauseous) - that would require titrating down.

Anyway, I looked up the titration schedule I have, and I think if you cut back to 50mg/day one week, then 30, then 10, then 5, you should be more than safe.

Thanks. I'm now taking baclofen, pristique, propecia and enlyte. I'll probably stay on the enlyte and propecia forever. Baclofen I don't need and pristique I'm not sure. I got on it to help counteract some of the opiate / chronic pain problems but I just don't know if I want to be artificially happy or not. Enlyte may be enough. All I want are my natural chemicals to work again like they're supposed to.