• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Stimulants How often to use adderall recreationally?

TageMyBoy

Bluelighter
I like to use 20mg xr for academic purposes and 40 ir for recreation. Could i alternate taking 20mg xr one weekend and then 40mg ir the next continuously for an extended period of time or would this once-a-week usage cause a decrease in the enjoyable effects? If so, would using every two weeks be a better alternative that doesn't cause much loss of enjoyment?

(ps: when using recreationally, I like to take 1mg of xanax with it every few hours)

I take it for hyperactivity but at 60 mg XR I am like a well behaved, overly polite, well spoken. When I am off it I have a mouth like a truck driver. But I never get a tolerance to that effect. I can take about 6-8 of them a day though. The tablets I used to take a lot too so I recently got the sympathy script of Adderall XR and she won't give me anything short acting now. But I did it when I felt like it.

would you say you lost any enjoyment overtime though? I know that the same dose may still stimulate me just as much but I also want to make sure a decent amount of euphoria is kept too.

I think you'd be fine for a short/long period of time meaning like not forever but still a good amount of time. Haha if that makes sense.

I don't think you would lose to much euphoria seeing as it would be spaced out so far apart.

In my experience, binges/day to day use are what raise tolerance and wipe out any potential for recreational use. On average I use adderall (amphetamine) once every two or three weeks, and I NEVER use more than 1 day without a break. The one time I used two days in a row, the effects of the drug were greatly diminished the second day and felt like a total waste. IMO, you should space out your usage more, (two weeks instead of one) so you always enjoy using. The most important thing is, DON'T increase your dose if you want to keep feeling "recreational" effects. That's my two cents.

You'd be surprised how quickly stimulant usage for recreational purposes depletes dopamine receptor responsiveness and consequently how long it takes your dopamine receptors to recover. I'd say if you don't want to be zombified most of the week that you go more conservative on the recreational dosing. You must remember and emphasize the difference in ER vs IR. If you are taking 20mg at an ER dose then you will probably feel a jolt with just a 10mg IR dose.