• MDMA &
    Empathogenic
    Drugs

Welcome Guest!
  • MDMA Moderators:

How often is too often with mdma? (New thread incase theres new info, not to mention my case is a bit specific)

Troco72

Bluelighter
So I understand there have been threads on this in the past , but the most recent ones I could find were pretty old as in I believe the newest was 2016. I'm making a new thread because all the information I see is a bit contradictory and there doesn't seem to be an agreed consensus on the matter, but I'm hoping that now with time passed that there will be to some extent.

So I'm not too worried about the tolerance and losing the magic , as I imagine that won't be permanent, and if I notice it that I can just abstain from mdma for a long period of time to gain it back. I'm more worried about Long term health effects and the like.

So I'm wondering, is this something I can figure out for myself like "well I'll take it once a month, and if I notice negative side effects like brain fog, hypersomnia, etc etc, I can just stop for a while" is this safe to do? Testing how my body reacts? Or should I not try and test it like this in fear of permanent damage?

And if thats the case and I shouldn't "play with fire" can you guys let me know your opinions on the matter in regards to how long of a break I should be taking between sessions?

I should mention that i snort it (I got it in crystal form and don't want to consume toilet paper or deal with the taste in drink form, I could get gel capsules but transportation is a huge issue at the moment and I have no one who can get them for me) and that because I snort it. I take multiple, as in quite a lot, of doses in one sessions , however the doses are very very small, literal bumps at a time probably amounting to a total of max 400 mg a session but probably less by a good margin, 200 mg being maybe average. Im just mentioning this incase it plays a roll in how often I should be taking it.

I appreciate any help! :)

The way you dose is unfortunately more neurotoxic than if you take the entire dosage at once. A lot of smaller redoses is metabolized much differently than a single larger one. So that’s one factor to keep in mind.

What kind of health effects are you worried of? And magic loss does tend be permanent for many people just a heads up. You don’t ever want to fully get there cuz it’s hard to get out.

It’s my educated theory that magic loss is closely tied with neurotoxicity, I’ve been fairly anal about keeping my antioxidant system topped off when I roll and have yet to experience it.

Besides neurotoxicity, heart valve damage is possible, and pretty sure it can rough on the kidneys as well over time.

-GC

The way you dose is unfortunately more neurotoxic than if you take the entire dosage at once. A lot of smaller redoses is metabolized much differently than a single larger one. So that’s one factor to keep in mind.

What kind of health effects are you worried of? And magic loss does tend be permanent for many people just a heads up. You don’t ever want to fully get there cuz it’s hard to get out.

It’s my educated theory that magic loss is closely tied with neurotoxicity, I’ve been fairly anal about keeping my antioxidant system topped off when I roll and have yet to experience it.

Besides neurotoxicity, heart valve damage is possible, and pretty sure it can rough on the kidneys as well over time.

-GC
Sorry for not being specific and thanks for taking the time to help! So as far as what you're saying with how I redose , if you had to guesstimate, how extra toxic is it? If I space out my doses longer like for example, instead of 3 months (random number) , to 4 months, should it make up for it? I really don't want to consume it with things like toilet paper as that's less healthy than one may imagine, but i also don't want to do one huge ass line as it fucking hurts LOL

So I'm more worried about the brain damage side of things. Like in particular if I have to live with brain fog for the rest of or majority of my life , I'd genuinely rather kill myself (sorry for being so negative but my biggest fear is brain damage or dementia) plus not to mention I doubt dosing once a month will do serious body damage atleast in comparison to the neurotoxicity, but tell me if im wrong I suppose.

Now that's fair with what you say about the magic loss and neurotoxicity being linked , good point. And thanks for filling me in the magic loss can be permanent. So I'm left with 2 questions.

1. Can I test it out myself. And once I notice a relatively large increase in tolerance (ie: a 15 percent loss in effectiveness from one session to the next) just stop for quite a while. And then I'll know my limits? Or is it possible to have permanent magic loss even from only one time of noticing an loss in effects?

2. What's regarded as safe use neurotoxicity wise?

Here's some info to help you figure that out for my case in paticular. I don't take ssris but I do take other substances, for example, right now I do very light cocaine usage. Like a ball over 2-3 months at most quite a bit less though on average. I drink kava like 5 days a week , a decent bit of it when I drink it though. And I take kratom a few days a week. Maybe 10 grams on average when I take it. And once I'm off probation I'll be smoking weed daily and dropping all those substances I just listed. I also take lsd twice every ten days on average , 400 ug doses on average as well. The lsd I won't drop once I'm off probation. And I sometimes take dmt as well.
(Please don't go into how my lsd use is too much, I've done extensive research, and hppd can happen from any substance not just tryptamines or Psychedelics, and psychosis is more likely to happen happen dopamine based substances like weed for example than lsd)

Anyway sorry if I gave too much info and it was annoying to read through it all. But I figured last time I didn't provide enough info so I'd make sure I do this time :)

Once a month should be fine. Last time i did it it was 6 days straight, i forgot how to read lol. Don't do that
Do you personally do it about once a month? If so how long have you been doing so? Thanks for the suggestion though! As well as the warning ill make sure not to do so even if it's at a festival or something.

I don't now but i did for about 2 years, sometimes twice a month and i haven't noticed any ill effects other then the 6 day binge

I don't now but i did for about 2 years, sometimes twice a month and i haven't noticed any ill effects other then the 6 day binge
Alright thanks for letting me know! You didn't notice any tolerance loss either during that period?

Sorry for not being specific and thanks for taking the time to help! So as far as what you're saying with how I redose , if you had to guesstimate, how extra toxic is it? If I space out my doses longer like for example, instead of 3 months (random number) , to 4 months, should it make up for it? I really don't want to consume it with things like toilet paper as that's less healthy than one may imagine, but i also don't want to do one huge ass line as it fucking hurts LOL

So I'm more worried about the brain damage side of things. Like in particular if I have to live with brain fog for the rest of or majority of my life , I'd genuinely rather kill myself (sorry for being so negative but my biggest fear is brain damage or dementia) plus not to mention I doubt dosing once a month will do serious body damage atleast in comparison to the neurotoxicity, but tell me if im wrong I suppose.

Now that's fair with what you say about the magic loss and neurotoxicity being linked , good point. And thanks for filling me in the magic loss can be permanent. So I'm left with 2 questions.

1. Can I test it out myself. And once I notice a relatively large increase in tolerance (ie: a 15 percent loss in effectiveness from one session to the next) just stop for quite a while. And then I'll know my limits? Or is it possible to have permanent magic loss even from only one time of noticing an loss in effects?

2. What's regarded as safe use neurotoxicity wise?

Here's some info to help you figure that out for my case in paticular. I don't take ssris but I do take other substances, for example, right now I do very light cocaine usage. Like a ball over 2-3 months at most quite a bit less though on average. I drink kava like 5 days a week , a decent bit of it when I drink it though. And I take kratom a few days a week. Maybe 10 grams on average when I take it. And once I'm off probation I'll be smoking weed daily and dropping all those substances I just listed. I also take lsd twice every ten days on average , 400 ug doses on average as well. The lsd I won't drop once I'm off probation. And I sometimes take dmt as well.
(Please don't go into how my lsd use is too much, I've done extensive research, and hppd can happen from any substance not just tryptamines or Psychedelics, and psychosis is more likely to happen happen dopamine based substances like weed for example than lsd)

Anyway sorry if I gave too much info and it was annoying to read through it all. But I figured last time I didn't provide enough info so I'd make sure I do this time :)

I’ll get back more later (couple of days), but just wanted to say that it’s riskier to take large doses or redose an extended number of times (large or small) than it is to say roll two days in a row.

Its safer to take 120mg once a night for two nights in a row, than take 240mg one night in small doses throughout the night.

Look through my threads and you’ll find one on this topic. I forget the title but it goes over MDMA preconditioning research, and other articles which show no toxicity in multi day regimens so long as the dose each day was not in the neurotoxic range. They even found that after 4 days of such dosing, neuroprotection was afforded on the 5th day when a neurotoxic “regimen” was given.

Also all neurotoxicity research on MDMA is given in multi-dose regimens cuz they can’t get much of anything even with very large doses when given as a single dose.

More later, look up that thread.

-GC

There is no definite answer to this. It’s about risk tolerance. I think every time you take it, you spin the wheel for material neurotoxic damage. It’s based on fairly random biological processes, so you could have no significant damage from doing a gram or you could have massive damage from doing 120mg. The odds of damage go up the larger the dose, when redosing or for taking it before your brain has time to replenish the serotonin you previously released.

I think the base odds are quite small, but not non-existant. There are people who report disastrous, long term or permanent side effects from taking 200mg in a night, but it’s obviously a tiny % of people who take that dosage.

I’ll get back more later (couple of days), but just wanted to say that it’s riskier to take large doses or redose an extended number of times (large or small) than it is to say roll two days in a row.

Its safer to take 120mg once a night for two nights in a row, than take 240mg one night in small doses throughout the night.

Look through my threads and you’ll find one on this topic. I forget the title but it goes over MDMA preconditioning research, and other articles which show no toxicity in multi day regimens so long as the dose each day was not in the neurotoxic range. They even found that after 4 days of such dosing, neuroprotection was afforded on the 5th day when a neurotoxic “regimen” was given.

Also all neurotoxicity research on MDMA is given in multi-dose regimens cuz they can’t get much of anything even with very large doses when given as a single dose.

-GC
Okay that's really good to know. I just ordered some capsules on Amazon. So from now on I'll just take it orally to avoid this redose issue.

I can't find the post you're talking about , but I'll just take you at your word, Is it unsafe to redose at all? Or just multiple times? Like is one redose relatively safe? For example, if I want to snort a line of mdma , and take a capsule at the same time, is that unsafe redose wise? As although technically I'm dosing both at the same time , the oral dose will take longer to absorb making it effectively a redose.

And what are you trying to say with the multiple days in a row of dosing? Are you implying that if the doses are small enough that you can use it daily to some extent? Lol sorry for asking more questions before you even had a chance to answer the rest of my other questions :p

-GC
Nvm I found the thread you were talking about, u said a dose 60 to 90 minutes after your initial dose is fine. But anything after is bad for you and pretty much pointless. Does it matter if my redose or initial dose is snorted? I imagine If my redose is snorted, even though it's smaller than my initial dose , it still may be pretty powerful

-GC
I would never dispute a point you make on this or any topic really, out of merit.

You don't go around just waffling Mr G_Chem! "Grr, he's NOT waffling again."

But I was skimming, wondering if there is anything I could add from my own experience.

You suggest magic loss is permanent for many.

Okay, no comment really, as I really never experienced that, I hacked it all the way, I believe in hacking btw.

But then you hypothesise neurotoxicty may be the cause of magic loss.

Here I feel I can add, as a donated willing test subject, with it's own experiential data logging and revisiting system lol good old Bot!

Because you would expect to see pretty solid constant conjunctions.

Many events of unquestionable major neurotoxicity, real brain assaults, I even suspect a cluster of at least minor serotonin syndrome events from days redosing particular pivotal moments with cross reactons too.

I know it is a bit peculiar, because I don't rave about MDMA did this to me, that tome etc.

Do I? Lol, tbf. Because I really took the hit from it. In as neutoxic and prolonged a usage pattern and level, constant redosing, up to weeks, always days, with any every other drug, use in summer heatwave festivals, saunas as soon as the pool opneed at 9 am still rushing smashed to bits.

It was I believe the 2000 August heat wave, sweltering day and night 3 day Exodus festival, that caused one very significant neurotoxic impact at the end of night 3 when some plasma levels finally reached (further past), tipping point, which was more than plain neurotoxicty and possibly a mini serotonin syndrome due to the prolonged heat, sweat round the clock for 3 nights taking the best best best pills and crystal stll, over my whole life, unbeatable anyway.

I know depite not talking ever about being an MDMA casualty, I personally endured more neurotxicity and direct heavy impacts on brain function and chemistry than any member not presenting as a regretful test puppet, no way ever.

That was then though, I was young, and time did heal.

I had full on neurosis for a few years but shook through it and still lived a full and secure life even while I battled fo resinstate my own mind and voice as the commandong chief, from 2003 suddenly but mentally and emotionally receeded or healed really, by 2004.

I never think to describe or verbalise my "hangovers", the headfuck, the comedown and depression side effects.

Like, we drink to be merry. Not to remember the hangovers right? Lol, well that's my view on it I think.

So I am very fortunate. I don't regret taking MDMA.

I still regret plugging a Milligram of LSD. I'd say it's potentially or surely the single most consequential and life changing in a true drug and psychoactive shake up manner "hit" or delivery of drugs I've ever had.

Even weeks of MDMA and all the shit that cones at the end of it, really seems a park walk vs certain high dose LSD regimens and doses.

I reckon my old chum, Syd Barrett would have looked fucking hilarious on ecstasy not Acid then.

Same level. Eyes rolled instead of pinged open looking rapidly increasingly serious and then phoof gone!

Imagine all those shots of Syd advertising, really advertising LSD to the world IMO more than even Tim Leery the Crowley adoring twat, without ever even mentioning acid lol, on the best ecstasy instead.

I reckon the images would have been just as impactful though very different. One for my imagination.

But, how I really look at it now- I guestimate in my logical head from the very small accounts to get any intuitive logical guauge of actual doses, size, frequency, that Barrett very possibly took as much as 300 mg's of LSD in 1967 alone.

Excluding a suspected or potential undisclosed large overdose.

Possibly. Or say, that amount from diving in heavily to near daily tripping on god knows what doses early 66, until at least 68.

Now, put me in my young body and mind being me give me 1960's and a pharmacy, well I know what I would have done.

Pretty much what Barrett did.

I also guess calculate I must have taken maybe 300 mg's or more LSD myself, always logical likely minimum but not undecomensating either.

In 25 years.

Vs 3500 e's in 9 years.

I never think about MDMA use and it's life impact on me. Never talk about it like that, just the memories and the growth through the experiences isn't lost, it's the tree, when it was only 11 metres high.

Now it's 54 metres tall. You can't take that growth away, just chop it down some day.

I think that's a good analogy to represent the immaterial aspect of personal growth though using psychedelics including MDMA, like don't fret kids, it's all in there. Every scar, ice cream stop and bump in the road. It's got you here. Can't lose that.

I am overwhelmingly conscious of the intensity of LSD's influence on how I think, feel, am!

It's indescribably huge. It's jusy that, IME, LSD has never once, even this current occasion, had any actual negative impct on my brain, memory, personality in a mechanical, biological sense.

MDMA I would be very cautious about taking now as it could upset the apple cart that is the smooth running and stability in my imagination, and verbal fluency, general personality togetherness, in a way that LSD still never has.

The huge dosing remigem of LSD is infintely more mentally physically,enrgy wise, challenging than the MDMA.

So how much will you pay me to enrole?we need two willing study groups.

One group, 300 mg's LSD in one to two years.

The other, what now.... 150 mg's MDMA daily for 2 years?

200 mg's? I don't know maybe more actually, thinking a thousand pills a year, 300 mg's a day at round 100 mg's,

I mean, I wouldn't take on the MDMA now obviously.

But as a younger pup, and now certainly, I would not be cooing with and coming back from that LSD.

The MDMA, it would be my body basically, if that got through, I'd need to pick my head up after.

But there would still be a head to pick up.
It scares me pondering that level of LSD intake. I realise that in this sense, it's so much heavier and more deeply, endlessly, at least potentially altering than MDMA.

MDMA would not have brought us Jugband Blues until maybe 1974? Lol. Not, Decmber the same year the grass was oh so fresh and green.

I get it though. Hence it creeping me. Just 22.5 mg's of Acid yet this year, has changed my world and mind more impactfully and futher than anything before.

But, OG point. I took a much greater level of neurotoxic assault than many users who did lose the magic, and MDMA workwd just dandy for me still in 2005.

Really no magic loss. Substantial acute and accumulative loss of neurons, serotonin, cognition, lost days, weekends!

I really feel you know, as I do with the strange phenomenon of LSD tolerance acquisition which I also appeared to hack seemingly indefinately, that there is a huge immaterial aspect to this.

Involving the consciousness. The magic loss or not, I mean.

Last edited:
A question I ask- is it friendlier to your brain to take a straight up single half gram, vs 240 mg's in multiple redoses, or/and 120 mg's two consecutive nights, or/and 250 mg's two consecutive nights?

I'm not asking anybody, just myself.

I'd personally book option A if limiting neurotoxicty was the name of the game. One 500 mg dose. Then just behave, enjoy the afterglow. Smoke weed, get high.

Taking MDMA frequently especially redosing at all past a point, even more so for days, weeks, just not clever.

Don't do it. Don't look to MDMA as something to use regularly really. That's very hypocrytical ofc but the advice stands IMO.

drink kava like 5 days a week , a decent bit of it when I drink it though. And I take kratom a few days a week. Maybe 10 grams on average when I take it. And once I'm off probation I'll be smoking weed daily and dropping all those substances I just listed. I also take lsd twice every ten days on average , 400 ug doses on average as well. The lsd I won't drop once I'm off probation.
Mate just from those exact lines there, you really are a man after my own heart you know.

Not just MDMA any entactogen that release serotonin significantly or do your research on each compound

From previous ecstasy abuse experience I'm going to say if you're new at it once a month minimum the first couple to few months and then once every

If you want to be safe zero to twice a year

Not just MDMA any entactogen that release serotonin significantly or do your research on each compound

From previous ecstasy abuse experience I'm going to say if you're new at it once a month minimum the first couple to few months and then once every

If you want to be safe zero to twice a year
You mean once maximum I'm sure. "At least" once a month would be music to the ears of many honeymoon rollers.

I mean, no more frequently than once a month most, initially.

And you didn't finish your line above it looks like it which I expect was to say once every 3 months, or even better half that at just two times a year.

Now nobody can argue with that advice. I never actually attempt to answer rhese questions. Because I cannot say anything but what you are basically suggestiing.

I discovered this clearly a few years ago, upon the scorn I could be met by on say, Reddit for simply describing past usage patterns or aspects as part of a discussion.

It's just totally not cool to take E more than the law states! Lol. It's sneered at too by a portion. They will look down on you in ways they may not look down at the junkie.

Now, travel back to 1996, and visit annualy, telling me I must follow these future established harm reduction guidelines.

No chance bro!, I would have laughed off.

I never made a fraction of an attempt in that direction then, and likely wouldn't have in hindsight.

Once a week for a year, 250 mg's a week, for 5 years, I might consider acceptable, then do a case review before renewing the term,

Or wait a month and take a gram. Just avoid prolonged daily binging, don't over over over do it, I wouldn't have got stung half as much.

So I can't really preach the advice I understand is backed by science and reason, and on paper makes the fullest sense regarding care for brain health.

I'm being way to liberal at the once a month since its new, i guess im trying to be nice . The first time you do it , if you get real stuff, you feel as if the ionions of life and social programming are peeled off and your free. At least it felt that way my first time. Then three days later I did 250-400 mgs, these were triple stacks from Florida, I was in Florida, this was when wed snort half a pill and come up, and i was in and out of conciousness and at the same time felt amazing. Well two days later I was kneeling at the side of my bed crying

you did 250 mgs a week for five years straight?

if so my genetic tolerance is wimpy compared to yours. My abuse took place in 2001-2002, and triple and double stacks were too strong honestky. usually id do a pill, ive done 1.5- mayber 2.5 -3 at very most before, in one night. also have done cocaine that day with so calld"friends" at the time, to stay up, and smoke cannabis, as it wasnt as potent back that and hardly eat, which didnt help.

I nve seen people say theyve used 800-1500 mgs of mdma and 400 mgs almost had me in and out of consciousness, I can only speak from experience. Ive always been one for seeking out the best, whether I got it or not, which I didnty always. Ever since I tested my entacogens , some tested out fine and ive had way too many negative sides and ended up throwing 600 $$ worth away, brain zapsd, not knowing whether im conscious or unconscious, just going through hell, which is not worth it what-so-ever, intense in a bad way! I told my mom that i may die and told her what I did, and she did a greatjob raising me and I love her and if I die id be okay

How about once every three months minimum for first timers and, or twice a year or less , therafter

something i cant stress enough is dont combine. After that thirteen year break, after I lost the magic, I did get the "feeling" back 2015-used four times, lower to moderate dose, 2016-was more into psychedelics' that year, 2017-four times and that last time I combined with lower dosed psychedelic and things went bad fast. now ive done borax combo with great success, to me that felt almost exactly like mdma, in fact I enjoyed it more than any mdma experience and i wasnt out of it, or too overwhelming but it alomost felt overwhelming, if that makes sense

as far as losing the magic experience, I can only speak for myself after that 250-400 mgs dose, i think i did 2 or maybe 2.5 triple stacks so it could have been even more but that range is a guess, it never felt as good. It felt good, and the rolling feeling, but never as great. I did maybe 25 more nights of rolling in the next six-eight months maybe. Its been twenty years ago, Only time it did the magic feel awesome but it was too much, im sure i cause brain damage,5-mapb, that was the first time after the thirteen year break and i dosed too high on that and had serotonin syndrome, emotional that week, crying , i passed out. In fact from my experience if anyone reads my posts ive always thought , it took 2-2.5 years for my brain to fully heal itself from the ecstacy abuse I did in 6-8 months time. Its no joke and can effect your decisions and mess up your life, esp when a person has no direction like I did at the time. I was young , and worst of all hung around negative people and as anyone knows, if your with someone, who your with can effect the roll more than anything, at the very least being arounfd someone negative or you poerceive as negative , get as far away as you can from them and stay away from them, and dont put yourself around them , its best to not roll at all, then go through shitty rolls, bad stories, and the positive expiriences are oh so awesome as well if your around at least people that you can deal with and come off as positive, supportive at the time

No regrets for me,none, I know someone can learn from my mistakes

Last edited:
you did 250 mgs a week for five years straight?
Sorry, that was just an example. That would have been my own version "light".

I was never close to that level or ration and regimen. I took over 3000 pills, up to 3500, plus god knows how much MDMA crystal and powder, in 9 years from 96-2005.

Like, 80 good clean MDMA pills in 8 consecutive days, up to 25-30 in one night, 2, 3, 4,5,6 7 8 9 10 day runs hundreds of times really.

Maybe I took more than I have guestimated as a sure minimum.

Indescribable abuse. No attention to harm reduction at all. I incurred genuine brain assault many times.

So that was my meaning. If I was told this HR advice and guidelines then, I would not have obeyed.

So if you said it was okay for me to take 250 mg's once a week for 5 years straight before reviewing "license renewal", that would have been a substantially lighter, less neurotoxically impactful schedule for me personally.

No 3 consecutive day and night festivals until brain damage after 60 hours rolling and tripping, countless times, weekends over 2.5 grams, up to 3.5 grams of MDMA and more for nearlt a decade.

I took up to 600 mg's of as excellent MDMA I ever encountered in a single dose. A gram of pure crystal one friday night I recall in 2004, followed by 13 exceedingly good cakes, ahem, I mean pills lol, the Saturday at a rave with tonnes of ketamine and LSD.

One example of a typical money permitting weekend, literally 3 grams worth of MDMA those two nights alone I've no doubt at all.

We all have such different reactions and responses to all drugs. A minority are able to access the super high dose experiences without being consciously overridden, switched off, or overwhelmed and circuit (of consciousness and self awareness) broken at any point.

Same with LSD and Ketamine. 500 mg lines of pure Pharmaceutical Ketamine in 2003 UK was a regularly done thing by many, I did it, but others would never venture above 0.1 and would just not have the capacity, to go higher or even consciously manage, experience and process the effect.

Now, I am purely reporting that's all. I'm deliberately not weighing in on the HR advice and dosing guidelines.

Because I can't dispute it. Nor advise or suggest otherwise. I'm just reporting what I myself did to as much an exteme as I ever have heard such a thorough and vivid accurate documentation of, and how I might have felt, reacted and behaved differently if a time traveller went back and had this discussion with my 16-20 yr old or 20-25 yr old self (because they were two different people lol, the August 1999 illegal UK Exodus festival and the world's best Mitsubishi's, Elephants, Mercedes 2CB LSD and last but not least- skunk. Proper real skunk. On top of all tge supposed "real" drugs, was another level up.

I cannot see me having followed anywhere near the HR guidelines of today.

I am not downplaying the undisputed dangers and harms of ecstasy, nor advocating for it's abuse.

Just reporting as I say.

I am still assimilating your paragraphs above and your own personal journey. I may have more specific points come to mind, just clarifying that misunderstanding first.