• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

How much xanax is safe to mix with 15 mgs of oxycodone?

Status
Not open for further replies.

livinginahaze

Bluelighter
So I bought some 70 mg vyvanse a few days ago and I've been getting high off them every day since then. Today is day 4 and I've been eating and sleeping very little so I really need to chill out and get a good nights sleep tonight cause I work tomorrow and if I'm awake until dawn again I'm gonna be fucked. So I bought some xanax bars today but I also happened to score 3 5mg oxycodones. I love oxy and I really want to snort them all now but I already took 1mg of xanax and I know I'm gonna be taking more later tonight cause amphetamine come downs make me crazy anxious. So basically I'm on 1 mg of xanax and I'm gonna take 15 mgs of oxy pretty soon. How much more xanax can I take after that without worrying about an overdose? I know 15 mgs of oxy isn't a lot but I've had multiple bad experiences involving benzos and alcohol so nowadays I'm always nervous to mix xanax with anything. I have no tolerance to oxy or xanax at all but I'm very familiar with vyvanse abuse and I took a lower dose than normal today so I don't think that should be a problem. I'm not talking about mixing uppers and downers like a speedball I just take them as the vyvanse is wearing off. So yeah to the point how much xanax is safe to mix with 15 mgs of oxy? Ideally I'd like to pop a 2 mg bar about an hour after I take the oxy, would that be okay? Sorry for rambling I'm still a little tweaked out. I've gotten amphetamine induced pyschosis a couple times before and really don't want to go through that again so I'm looking for the ideal amount of xanax to knock me out without risking any overdose. Thanks for anyone who can help I've been doing speed for years but I just don't know a lot about oxy or xanax

Don't mix benzos and opiates, or take alcohol with the opiate or with a benzo. A lot of people have died from these combinations.

Stay safe.

Last edited:
What if I wait a few hours after taking the oxy? My oxy highs usually don't last more than about an hour. Would it be safe to take a xanax bar after the oxys already worn off? Or would the fact that I still have oxy in my system make it risky anyway?

You're fine with the 15mg oxy. Even if you up your dose to 2mg of xanax. You should sleep nicely from that vyvanees run you did.

Dont snort oxy. You will waste it. Surprised noone told you this before you wasted your fuckin oxycodone ha. But yea just take it orally, oxycodone has the highest bioavailability via the oral administration route. Otherwords, just swallow it.

Also, benzos + opiates dont just simply combine, as in 10 + 10 = 20. They interact with each other in your CNS, as in 10 x 10 = 100. Be careful man, I'd advise against that. I had trouble breathing and lost my breath possibly a close brush with death all honesty after popping Codeine T3 pills (total 270mg codeine) with a xanax bar 2mg. Im lucky to be alive man. That was a couple years ago.

I am prescribed 15mg Er morphine 3x a day and 5mg of Roxis 3x a day. I am also prescribed 1mg of Klonopin 3x a day I usally only take the morphine in the morning and the 15mg of the Roxis around 5pm as that's when pain is at its worst. I take 1mg of Klonopin first thing in the morning and then 2mg of Klonopinn around 9pm. There is around a 3-4 gap between the Oxy and k-pins. I have been on this dose for quite sometime.

This is just my experience as I haven't had any problems and it is a prescribed dose that has been cleared by my doctor. I'm not advocating that you do this especially if you don't have a tolerance to either of the two.

Dont snort oxy. You will waste it. Surprised noone told you this before you wasted your fuckin oxycodone ha. But yea just take it orally, oxycodone has the highest bioavailability via the oral administration route. Otherwords, just swallow it.

Also, benzos + opiates dont just simply combine, as in 10 + 10 = 20. They interact with each other in your CNS, as in 10 x 10 = 100. Be careful man, I'd advise against that. I had trouble breathing and lost my breath possibly a close brush with death all honesty after popping Codeine T3 pills (total 270mg codeine) with a xanax bar 2mg. Im lucky to be alive man. That was a couple years ago.
Is oxy really better swallowed? I'm sure it lasts longer but the first time I tried it I took it orally and I felt pretty good but nothing amazing. Then a few days later I snorted some and the rush I got just blew me away. Maybe I'll give swallowing another try next time, I swallow most pills but snorting oxys always felt worth it to me. But yeah I'm always cautious with benzos these days. Once I took 5 klonopins before drinking a six pack and I totally blacked out but according to my friends I was slurring my words so much no one could understand me and I was crying about something(wtf I seriously never cry)and after a while I just passed out in my bed. Then when my brother tried to wake me up to make sure I was okay I got violent and tried to fight him but I was so fucked up that according to him he punched me once in my chest and I was unconscious again seconds later. I didn't od but I learned my lesson about mixing alcohol and benzos. I haven't had any bad opiate expiriences so far and I want to keep it that way so I'll take your advice and be really careful. Shortness of breath is not something I want to deal with tonight

You're fine with the 15mg oxy. Even if you up your dose to 2mg of xanax. You should sleep nicely from that vyvanees run you did.
Yeah I've been trying to smoke myself to sleep with weed the last few nights and it just wasn't doing the trick but I'm about to sleep like a baby tonight lol I figured in low doses it would be fine I just wanted to get a second opinion since I know I'm not thinking very clearly atm

Snorting oxy with low tolerance is not wasting it..u will get more in your system eating them because of higher bioavailability but the "high" or rush from snorting is better imo..id stick to 1mg of Xanax if your gonna take it but I don't think it will add to the high it will just put u too sleep and waste the oxy high

I don't know too much about benzos and opiates, was never really my thing however, I have many friends that do. To date I've attended 4 funerals due to ODing in Xanax and Oxys, one of which had only taken 2.5 bars with 1 Roxy (if memory serves me correct I believe that's 30 mg) she was fairly new to the scene but still had a good portion of a year using quite frequently under her belt. There's a lot of factors that play into it, and no real certain yes or no answer. I say it's not worth the risk, but if ur anything like myself, risks matter not. Be safe.

I ended up doing the oxy first and then a couple hours later I popped a xanax bar and everything was fine. I feel like I could've mixed them without any issues but better safe than sorry. Idk if I'm extra sensitve to xanax or what but it tends to over powder anything I mix with it anyway. Klonopons don't do shit for me unless I'm drinking at the same time but when I'm on xanax I usually don't even bother smoking weed cause I'm too zoned out to feel it

I don't know too much about benzos and opiates, was never really my thing however, I have many friends that do. To date I've attended 4 funerals due to ODing in Xanax and Oxys, one of which had only taken 2.5 bars with 1 Roxy (if memory serves me correct I believe that's 30 mg) she was fairly new to the scene but still had a good portion of a year using quite frequently under her belt. There's a lot of factors that play into it, and no real certain yes or no answer. I say it's not worth the risk, but if ur anything like myself, risks matter not. Be safe.
Sorry to hear about your friends man....oding is an awful way to go. I've always been extra cautious with downers cause I've blacked out before and I hate to go to bed worrying if I'll wake up in the morning. Uppers on the other ...I'm lucky I've never had a stroke or heart attack cause Ive pushed my luck way too many times before.

Please don't mix benzos and opiates, the combination is extremely dangerous. I know other posters have advised against this, but I figured I'd share my experience. Back when I was a Xanax junkie, I took them throughout the day as my script stated "take as needed" and had been doing so for years. Thought they were relatively benign. I hadn't done opiates in years, so I never mixed them until I broke my thumb. The doctor scripted me some oxy, and didn't warn me about taking them with Xanax so I took my Xanax as usual, and took one oxy. I woke up on a gurney being wheeled out of my house with a fireman doing compression breathing. Apparently I was in and out of consciousness the entire trip to the hospital, and even at the hospital it continued. My blood pressure was down to 30/5, and I couldn't breath on my own. Needless to say, I am lucky to be alive. Words are in adequate to express how horrible I felt when I regained consciousness. I was fed ungodly amounts of charcoal and stimulants to get my stats up, not to mention I looked and felt like I had been hit by a mac truck. My chest was bruised, and one of my ribs was cracked from the compression breathing. All in all, not a pleasant experience.

Thank u. It's still hard to believe sometimes that they're actually gone. None of them made it to see 24. I've always had a fear of pills and watching 4 ppl I loved lowered 6 ft down because of them, has pretty much solidified my never, ever, not even once stance. However, we share the same results when it comes to uppers. I love it!! Plain as that! I've recently delved into IVing and it's simultaneously the greatest and worst thing I have ever done.

To consume drug recreationnaly you must know at least a little about biochemistry.

When you use 2 downers that act on 2 different systems that in the end depress your CNS they increase each other synergically. Benzodiazepines are useless when mixed with opiates, opiates buzz take over since they are more psychoactive(dopamine uptake) and benzo end up being only there to make you sleepy and down.

So basically you get an opiate buzz with more sedation and chance of dying. (stupid idea)

Xanax is a good benzo to use once a week or so, to keep the tolerance down. Plus when you dont mix those 2 them you have more trips of each if we can call them that. Also less chance to die.

The only reason to mix them is when you have anxiety and pain. Also using amphetamines is really touchy if you dont want your brain to get hurt.

So I guess my word is get informed before using drugs, it is important. It is your brain, your home.

Thank u. It's still hard to believe sometimes that they're actually gone. None of them made it to see 24. I've always had a fear of pills and watching 4 ppl I loved lowered 6 ft down because of them, has pretty much solidified my never, ever, not even once stance. However, we share the same results when it comes to uppers. I love it!! Plain as that! I've recently delved into IVing and it's simultaneously the greatest and worst thing I have ever done.
Yeah man that's terrible you knew somany friends who died young. Im grateful I haven't lost anyone thst way, a friend of mine in prison but that's way better than oding. But shit bro what are u shooting up? My first love was addy/vyvanse but only snorted addy a few times swallowd usually. I snorted meth once but only one time ever and as of recently ive been doing coke instead of amps. I lnow this replies lste as fuck but is iving coke worth it over snorting? Ive never done needles just curious

It's stronger, but cokes not worth it itself. I do have to say I'll never snort it only shoot it, but only if I have heroin to smooth out the horrid after effects

Edit: just for the sake I'm not suggesting to IV as it really should not be done, but I'm just stating my opinion.

Yeah I get what you mean lol like a lot of people do things thry wouldn't suggest other people try. I probably won't do it I've never injected anything. Or done heroin. I really like coke a lot but I only use it now cause amphetamines have been real hard for me to score recently

Status
Not open for further replies.