• 🇳🇿 🇲🇲 🇯🇵 🇨🇳 🇦🇺 🇦🇶 🇮🇳
    Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

how much water should you drink while rollin?

dan887

Bluelighter
Many harm reduction web pages claim that you should not drink too much water but you should drink moderate amounts however they do not tell us the amount in litres. Does anyone know how much water a person can drink before things get dangerous. I am aware of taking breaks every now and then as well. Are there any other factors I should be aware of. This would be for a raving situation in relatively hot conditions.

yo - my doctor told me - and I nor she will take responsibility for this - but that it is more dangerous to drink too much water than not enough????Long story about depleting electrolytes, water in your brain...something like that - hypohydration i think she called it - suss it out on the web. I drink water when I am thirsty, but at clubs etc i would much prefer to spend my money on alcohol =D but hey thats me and i've never run into any troubles...and thats been over several years. I do drink water sometimes when I feel dehydrated, and usually ask for a bit of red cordial in the bottle too if they will do it for you, just to get some sugar into you...salt would probably also be good in the water/cordial. Best thing would be a gatorade or a sports drink i guess if you can get one. In terms of quantity which is what you asked, again, I think its what you feel you need, if you're thirsty - drink up! If you are dancing etc I guess a similar quantity to that which you would drink during physical activity (sport, other physical activities etc) but yeh I get the impression that you shouldn't over do it. maybe a couple of hundred milliliters per hour. Again I just want to stress that she told me less is better than more, and as I said in my experience we just drink ridiculous amounts of alcohol and get the odd bottle of water/red cordial when we are thirsty - most probably cos the booze dehydrates you even more I don't know. see what everyone else says and take care!

Definatly less rather than more.
MDMA causes a release of ADH(anti diuretic hormone) so the body retains water. If you are dancing,sweating you loose electrolytes such as sodium, if you drink too much water you end up diluting your total body sodium more and more which can cause something called hyponatraemia(low sodium) - this is what they call water intoxication and is what most of the 'famous' ecstacy deaths were caused by.

Early symptoms of hyponatraemia include nausea,vomiting etc but when it gets to the severe stage can cause coma, death.

Happened to me one night(i think) - only to the vomiting stage though.

If you do need to drink lots it is a really good idea to drink a sports drink or even put some salt in your water.

Hope this helps (can someone please tell me if im barking up the wrong tree here)

250 mL per hour when inactive and 500mL per hour when active. Personally i usually drink about 3-4 600 mL bottles over a period of about 6 hours

Sip when you're thirsty is usually a good guide - and grab a bottle of gatorade for the trip home.

Agree with pill_jockey ... usually go thru 3-4 600 ml bottles on average over a 6 hour period of clubbing, depending on the strength/effect of the pills (red mitsi's had ya sweating like a lesbian), temperature at the club (gotta love hot summer nights), amount of full on dancing etc. Just listen to your body and you should be fine.

Ohh ... and it sometimes helps to have a "water buddy" (doesn't that sound soooo wrong? couldn't think of what else to call it .. LOL) to sometimes remind each other to sip some water and each time one of you goes to buy a new bottle you get the other one as well.

I use to be the "water buddy" of my group until I got sick of reminding people to drink water and seeing as I was usually the one with the bottle every man n his dog would ask me for a sip, so eventually I just got sick of carrying water around for other people.
Now if somebody comes up to me and askes for water I'll usually abuse them and tell them their not a fucking invalid, you got arms and legs, theres a tap over there!
I feel strange when I'm peaking and I drink water for some reason it feels as if it stops me peaking for a few minutes but then I'm back up there!

Whenever I am having a very big night out, I normally take along a couple of Berocca tablets. Then halfway through the night I chuck one of them in my bottle of water and sip that.

It replaces a lot of the sodium and other vitamins that you will be running short of after a night of dancing and consuming no other food or anything.

Be prepared for your urine to glow REALLY brightly under UV lights though, the first time I went to a club that had only black-lights in the toilet it freaked me out!

dan887 said:
This would be for a raving situation in relatively hot conditions.

A very effective cooling technique that has served me well in the past is to pour water over your wrists and forearms - this helps lower your core temperature :)

It's also a good idea to drink things like Powerade/Gatorade as these replace a lot of the electrolytes that you lose.

Sorry, just read the other replies a bit better.. my advice was already there!! Oh well...it's GOOD advice!!

pill_jockey has it.

The amounts listed are a general guide only. Some people may tolerate more or less water while on MDMA.

WATER:

250 - 300ml / hour if not active

500 - 600ml / hour if active (dancing etc)

ELECTROLYTE DRINKS:

1 x 500-600ml drink per 4 hours if active, around half that if not active.

It's important that those who sweat alot don't overdo sports drinks which contain high levels of potassium salts. If you have been vomiting then it's also important to carefully re-balance electrolytes before drinking too much water. See BT link above to superbabydoc's thread on hyponatremia.

My mate literally doesn't sweat - he'll be on the dance floor going off, come back and there's not one bit of sweat on him! He shaves his head and had no hair and you feel his head and nothing! Lucky bastard! But he gets sick VERY VERY easy which I think might be something to do with not sweating? I mean he'll have a couple-few cones and he'll start throwing up and feel really really sick.. aswell as more than one or 2 pills and same thing... same with speed... gets sick/nauseous very eaily.

But me... I sweat a shitload... so it's still the same amount to go by with the water?

^ Yes. Remembering these amounts are a general guide only. I've always been a big sweater when partying hard, but 600ml / hour is usually ample.

Originally posted by peakn7
My mate literally doesn't sweat - he'll be on the dance floor going off, come back and there's not one bit of sweat on him! He shaves his head and had no hair and you feel his head and nothing! Lucky bastard! But he gets sick VERY VERY easy which I think might be something to do with not sweating? I mean he'll have a couple-few cones and he'll start throwing up and feel really really sick.. aswell as more than one or 2 pills and same thing... same with speed... gets sick/nauseous very eaily.

But me... I sweat a shitload... so it's still the same amount to go by with the water?

the amount you sweat is proportional to how much water you have in your body.

your friend feels sick because he is overheating and sweating is the body's response to heat and helps with the cooling proccess. dehydration is probably the main reason he feels sick.

im not sure "how sick" your talking, but it doesnt sound as if its been serious - yet. It most definately sounds to me like a minor case of heat stroke.

Is my assumption correct? he doesnt drink much water while out? look closely next time you two head out together, watch how much he drinks and and then just do a quick mental comparison with what P_D has posted.

:)

I'll add this: the colour of one's urine may usually be an indication of dehydration. Although the colour of urine may be effected by a number of factors, if you know you havent been drinking much and you piss dark orange - I suggest you quickly skull a glass of water. This may not clear your piss up straight away, but you'll know that at least it can't be that bad.

A general rule is as stated above, drinking when thirsty. 200ml per hour and twice as much if more active, but NOT x10 much if active.
The colour of your urine is likelly to still be darker than normal.

If you are drinking a lot of beer, the colour of your urine may remain clear as beer contains water, but be also aware that once that water is evacuated, alcohol will dehydrate your body and that's when you must be particularly careful if on E.

I must also say that drinking water is mostly mentioned when people discuss E, but other amphetamines may also have a dehydrating effect. It is also very easy to forget to drink when on meth because you are too busy doing whatever you are doing, yapping away, fixing your car, stealing a TV (j/k).

Runner2 said:
I'll add this: the colour of one's urine may usually be an indication of dehydration. Although the colour of urine may be effected by a number of factors, if you know you havent been drinking much and you piss dark orange - I suggest you quickly skull a glass of water. This may not clear your piss up straight away, but you'll know that at least it can't be that bad.

A general rule is as stated above, drinking when thirsty. 200ml per hour and twice as much if more active, but NOT x10 much if active.
The colour of your urine is likelly to still be darker than normal.

Very accurate and good advice apart from one small problem - there is no way I can urinate when under all the good influences of a pill. I can tell when the pill has completely worn off by being able to pee again, even if it is initially only at a very slow dribble. :\

^^^ hehe true but its amazing what miracles running water can do. Once the valce is open all is good - but like you say can be very difficult at times. On meth however, peeing is not a problem and more often than not I notice my urine getting worryingly orange when I realise I haven't taken a sip in hours.

I guess one thing that hasn't been mentioned is that 500-600 ml's of water an hour is an absolute fucking shitload. If you go in excess of this, you are REALLY overdoing it. I am a very, very thirsty person in general...I dehydrate (mildly I mean) everyday just from walking around. When I go out after indulging I probably manage 500-600 ml's an hour MAX. Sometimes I find I don't even do that, and Im the kind of guy who just cranks hard and drinks water constantly.

Theres basically one thing you have to do to stay absolutely fine, and thats sip. If you stick to sipping, there will never be a problem. Don't be ridiculously excessive (as with most things in life) and no problem will arise

I wouldnt call 500ml/hr a shit load but it can leave you feeling a little bloated and thinking 'why the fuck did i drink all that water?"

I find that i can go through a 600ml bottle in well under an hour just drinking absent-mindedly. But you feel a bit crap if you consistently drink that fast.

Sipping really is the best advice, as Cyberdyne says