• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Harm Reduction How much vit-c for IVing crack? +1 for HR

infantannihilator

Bluelighter
So I scored all this gear today, and well.. I couldn't resist temptation :eek:

AYhLGcx.jpg

Around here, coke is so damn cut, that crack is way more worth my while and more worth the money in terms of IVing, less cut to worry about, more bang for my buck too, its a win. Before I was bangin half grams of the "coke" around here, now a nice .1-.15 of rock is doin it for me and well.

I 'rerock' my rock in the spoon and siphon off the water which should have absorbed any remaining baking soda and other water solubles. Given that sodium bicarb is soluble in water at room temp to .09g/ml this water cleanse done for each shot should get all of it.

Then, if everything is right, I should theoretically have close to pure freebase, though I am sure other cuts get locked into the whole basing process, nonetheless, assuming 100% pure cocaine freebase:
MM = 303.353 g/mole
ascorbic acid/vit c:
MM = 176.123 g/mole

This gives a ratio of 1 to 0.58, but this doesnt seem right.. The needle exchange had little kits that said to use 1/4 the amount of your rock, but by the above that would mean youd waste nearly half? I would imagine you'd want a slight excess due to possible residual baking soda and other unknown bases included.

Where have I gone wrong with my calculations here? I plan to just titrate the vit c until its all dissolved, but I kinda like to be anal about things.. I did the same process for using acetic acid and by all accounts it seemed to be pretty close to the theoretical value.

Any input is greatly appreciated! :D

Just throw the rock onto the spoon add .7 ml of water add a tiny pinch of cit crush,mix,heat very gently NO boiling stir, filter, shoot. Simples.

Just throw the rock onto the spoon add .7 ml of water add a tiny pinch of cit crush,mix,heat very gently NO boiling stir, filter, shoot. Simples.

honestly a "pinch" is not indicative of anything. neither is a rock. your rock may be .1 mine may be .23.

I'm trying to get it to a point where

1) no freebase coke is wasted
2) there is no excess of ascorbic acid

I found even crushing and powdering the crack and heating to the point that it liquifies (80 degrees, vape is 90) does not mix it all well. Spend like 20 mins stirring and heating to get it all dissolved and salted

cant imagine how much people are wasting on the streets

Put the rock in. Add water. Slowly add the citric until it dissolves. Then you won't use too much citric.

Most people shooting crack are about as precise as the previous poster stated (put a rock in, add a pinch, etc).

Should not need to heat. When I got base the one time from the dude I usually got powder from I used vinegar. Just added a few drops til everything dissolved. Same with the vit c / citric

When I get a dub it's usually squared, the harder and less"bubbly"the better. I.suppose you could split it into 4 shots but really better off doing half and half, I use regularly but not excessively and I when the budget is right have done a while dub and didn't throw up(the sign you've reached your maximum intake). I split into 2 crush the hard with the tip of my finger. A viable solution is to start with 30 units fresh white distilled vinegar. Lemon juice, and other substitute can be used but vinegar has less chance of debris and bacteria. Apply the vinegar and crush and stir till as much as possible has dissolved, add 30 units water to reduce acidity going into your vein, draw up, I like to add another 10 or 20 units vinegar to make sure all has dissolved and again dilute with water. I find its best to drop, crush, and prepare the remaining product before taking first dose so as to eliminate chases of making mistakes or drawing a fiber while shaky from the first dose....I've done back to back doses but recommended a 5 to ten minute window before taking another dose. The RUSH seems to be more pronounced, over all speed effects double when going for 2 in row, but find the rush is diminished by not waiting for the peak effect to pass. You can use straight vinegar but not recommended as it is harsh of the vein, and I personally get headaches after a few doses of not diluting well enough. If doing many repeated doses I occasionally use just straight water immediately following a shot to keep blood acidity from being too strong, the extra cook down is not necessary and could be dangerous if not properly dissolved in acid, the oil can recrystallize once inside the vein. Over all cleaner, stronger, longer laying effect with continued energy well after the rush is gone

Do not need to heat, it's actually dangerous to do so. Using just the acid first dissolves quicker and more thoroughly, crushing helps a lot as.well. generally half acid half water, you'll be ok with just lemon juice or vin. But preferably using 2 part water to one part vin fat lessens the strain on your veins, citrus and.citric acid are not recommended, nor cool aid and other acidic drinks. Vinegar is safe, distilled, and actually had health benefits in the body

im not asking about those two methods. I'm asking about vit-c

Vin is terrible for your veins. I used it, I know it works, but I could feel the damage being done.

Heating is counter productive to your objective, heat cause the oils to come together which can re crystallize in your blood. You may be taking in minute amounts of baking soda but harmless. Obviously using just the acid first provides best result, powdered acid is not good due to its possible insolubility, approximately 50 units of vinegar can fully dissolve .1, if not is better to draw up and add just a little more vinegar, to fully dissolve anything that may be left behind. do not reuse filters as the vinegar an acid will break down the fiber

VIT C is actually critic acid, it can be found in the fruit or basing section of the grocery store. I'm a chef by trade and believe it or not, the powdered acids are stronger and harder to control the manager, by using two thirds water and reduces acidity from 5 percent to 1.25, don't be afraid to use more water, whether injecting .1 of base with 30 units.liquid or 100 has no change on the effect or potency of the shot

Heating is counter productive to your objective, heat cause the oils to come together which can re crystallize in your blood. You may be taking in minute amounts of baking soda but harmless. Obviously using just the acid first provides best result, powdered acid is not good due to its possible insolubility, approximately 50 units of vinegar can fully dissolve .1, if not is better to draw up and add just a little more vinegar, to fully dissolve anything that may be left behind. do not reuse filters as the vinegar an acid will break down the fiber

Well I know from experiments that vit-c (ascorbic acid) does not dissolve that well into water until heated. I can drop 100mg in 1ml and it does absolutely nothing. Add a little heat and I can squeeze 200+mg into that ml, and it remains in solution upon cooling. It does not precipitate and recrystallize. In terms of the crack itself doing so, again, let the solution cool to room temp before doing any drawing.. so the chances of injecting remaining base is nil.

You only need 20 units~ per .05 and I was actually able to successfully reduce that as low as 30units. Again though, I noticed vinegar to be fucking absolute hell on my veins. Any slight miss leads to a terrible histamine reaction and a persistent welt IME. Vit-c does totally different.

VIT C is actually critic acid, it can be found in the fruit or basing section of the grocery store. I'm a chef by trade and believe it or not, the powdered acids are stronger and harder to control the manager, by using two thirds water and reduces acidity from 5 percent to 1.25, don't be afraid to use more water, whether injecting .1 of base with 30 units.liquid or 100 has no change on the effect or potency of the shot

Vit-c is actually ASCORBIC acid, not citric. They are different.

I always add more water to lower the residual acidity as best I can actually (I use 3ml syringes), but ideally I want to know what the max theoretical amount is to add (its always going to be lower, crack isnt 100% pure), so that I can absolutely reduce the amount of acid used to the most that is absolutely needed. It is known that vit-c is the easiest of these weak acids, which is why it is packaged up specifically for injection purposes.

I just want to

1) not waste any crack
2) not excessively kill my veins without need.

According to my calculations I need a lot more vit-c than "a pinch" or "1/4 rock" to fully re-salt a given amount of crack, more like 1/2 the amount by weight.. so this just seems wrong to me. I'm not sure which is right. Anecdotally I can swear the shots I set up where I added more than the 1/4 ascorbic acid were stronger, but I was high as a kite so who knows. Either way I've found the rock hard to break down, a lot of stirring and crushing and lightly heating is involved. The way some of you guys make it sound is you put the water in, throw in the vit c, dump your rock and it all magically dissolves in an instant.. which.. is not the case at all ime.

^^ um, the part about dissolve in an instant? That was pretty much the case. Like I said I ended up with base thru a screw up. I chose to use vinegar. But citric, ascorbic, whatever. It's all the same principle. You are adding an acid to a basic solution

When I got the base, I added water. Realized it was not breaking down instantly like the coke always did. Added a few drops of vinegar ( no heat), and yes it instantly began dissolving. Stirred a bit and it was clear as pure water. I dont know why you don't have that happen. Prob something to do with what's in your coke/crack

Well, I figured out that its the vit-c that doesnt want to dissolve well. Really crystally in the pack takes some effort to get it into solution. maybe thats why. vinegar did seem to dissolve it but it was still some work. But ya, never gotten anything clear as pure water sadly :\

Anyway, I've got 100mg/ml solution of vit-c and I'll be figuring this out shortly I suppose. Or getting closer to a real answer. My hunch is that I do need about 50% vit-c by weight just like I calculated. will start with a .1 in the spoon and go from there, though I may not just shoot that first go, its been like 5 days since my last romp and I don't want to die just yet. kek.

Anyone have a good idea on how much vitamin c to add?

The needle exchange gives out a good amount, but i probably don't need all of it. Is it really 50% vitamin c to crack, by weight?

I guess i'll find out tonight either way, but a heads up would be nice.

Last edited:
And the answer is....

Just enough to make it sizzle.

After it's done sizzling, try adding a pinch more. If nothing sizzles anymore, the job has already been done.

i thought finding a little in the middle of the night after a bender was a process was difficult. does this affect the high very much it is a matter of needle over pipe preference? just curious i hope this post is welcomed here.

Don't "rerock", it's useless. Anyway given ascorbic acid has a molecular weight of 172 and cocaine 303, ascorbic acid having 4 acid moietys thus needing .14g of vitamin for one gram of cocaine. Am I right?