• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids How much suboxone

TageMyBoy

Bluelighter
How much suboxone would be equivalent to about 70mg or 60mg oxy ir? A whole 8mg strip? Half a strip? I have no experience with suboxone. Thanks.

I don't really have experience with oxy and working out equivalents with suboxone is a little tricky, as it's a funny opioid and sometimes less is more in a very real way. But I have pretty good knowledge of suboxone and I know roughly how much people with a serious oxy habit take vs those with a serious heroin habit take (that's my DOC). I'd say start on 4mg.

Just understand, suboxone builds up in your system, if you take 4mg daily, it means after a couple weeks you will actually have stabilised on a MUCH higher body-load, more like 20mg (from memory, btw). So if it doesn't 'hold' you perfectly on day-1 or day-2, unless you go into violent WD and clearly need more, my advice is to tough it out, you'll probably find you actually feel pretty decent from 4mg, but if you don't - just keep on that dose for a couple days and I'm fairly sure you'll stabilise just fine from that. Don't go on a high dose (8+) unless you really have to, it can be really difficult to come off and in my experience, you can get a lot more adverse affects from those high doses and not necessarily much more benefit (less is more).

EDIT: Oh one other thing, I always kind of just assume people know this, but suboxone will throw you into awful precipitated withdrawals if you take it too early whilst coming off an opioid habit. PWD is really something no one ever wants to go through, personally I've only experienced it with drugs like naloxone after OD'n it it's not fucking pleasant. So, if you're coming off a habit then wait until you're getting WD symptoms before taking the bupe.

Also - I re-read your OP and I realise maybe you're not actually talking about taking sub for maint, in which case, start more like 1-2mg, it's an extremely potent drug. The 4mg recommendation was based on a 60-70mg Oxy/daily habit. If you take too much sub and you don't have a tolerance, you can expect to be vomiting for a couple of days, no kidding.

Thanks, and yes, 60-70mg is for recreation. I don't have a habit. I like the rule of two times per month for opiates. Would you suggest starting with 2mg and taking more if desired effects aren't reached? Or would re-dosing be useless? And if one were to re-dose, how long would one want to wait after the first dose to determine if they want to take more?

A re-dose works fine but wait atleast two or three hours to determine because it takes a long while to peak. Also remember the duration is very long aswell.

I agree with the person who said start low, I have been on it for a while now and find that I have built up and it no longer does much for me. It will do the same if you start at a higher dose but it will be a lot harder to come off of because, obviously, its a bigger tolerance. Unless you're talking about taking it to get high, then 8mg will get you feelin pretty damn good. might even make you sick or make you pass out. The thing about suboxone though is it's just not the same high as opiates or opioids... I have read it is because it is only partial opioid and thus does not attach to the receptors the same or not as strongly... It will get you "buzzed," but bupe will almost never get you rage crazy high like heroin or oxy... It's kind of a good thing, because you can be on it 24 hours a day for long periods of time and a.) you won't act crazy and do crazy shit and ruin your life and b.) people wont know youre high! If you take 4mg of bupe and you get feeling pretty good but it just doesn't give you that high you are looking for, keep in mind that taking another 4mg wont be like if you took 40mg oxy and then wanted more so took 40 more mg of oxy, bupe doesn't work that way. I had that problem with it at first, that it wasn't the same rage high as heroin, but you get used to it, and in the long run it is better

what if i took 2mg of sub and found that it wasn't strong enough? Would it be a waste to throw a 30mg oxy ir on top of it during the sub peak or would it be a waste of an oxy?

I'd suggest, for recreation, if you are accustomed to 60 mg to 70 mg oxycodone instant-release, to start off low with the Suboxone. I have known some who were heavy into heroin, and Suboxone still through them into a dysphoric state for a couple days, on account of the dose they took, and the dose of the Suboxone was fairly commonplace for maintenance therapy. Anyhow, Suboxone is very potent, and a bit odd to gauge with dosing. I would recommend starting with just 1 mg for your first dose, and if that doesn't satisfy you within 90 min. to 2 hrs., and you feel no negative effects, you could re-dose with another 1 mg dose. The great thing with Suboxone is that it does stack very well, so don't worry about wasting it by starting off with a lower dose; it doesn't behave like most opiates, in that regard. I would say that dosing above 2 mg, total, is not all that great of an idea.

Also, any other opiates taken while the Suboxone is active will be blocked by the action of the Suboxone. And, Suboxone will linger in your system, even if you don't feel it, for two to four days, or so, with a total dose of 1 mg to 2 mg.

what if i took 2mg of sub and found that it wasn't strong enough? Would it be a waste to throw a 30mg oxy ir on top of it during the sub peak or would it be a waste of an oxy?

Definitely do not take oxy on top, suboxone has an extremely high affinity for your receptor, even at 2mg you wouldn't be able to get high banging up a point of heroin, let alone 30mg of oxy. Don't bother taking any other opiates for at least 2-3 days after taking suboxone, it's a complete waste/

As others have said, if this is for recreation and you don't have a habit. start low, as low as 1mg even, it's extremely potent. And wait minimum of 3 hours before redosing, it takes a serious long while to peak off of. That said - you can redose no problems, further doses of suboxone will certainly be effective if your initial dose is too low. But if you dose too high, you'll end up sick for days.

I take around the same amount of oxy (70-80mg) at a time to get high n have tried taking an 8 mg sub n to my dismay I really only feel normal n with no high...can I or should I take more in order to reach my optimal high bc I don't wanna od on ne thing jus wanna get high not die??? Help plz

suboxone is not a recreational drug. if you take suboxone when you are not withdrawing from opiates, theres a good chance the effects will be that of a full blown withdrawal. you're supposed to take subs 24 hours after your last opiate dose which is full withdrawal mode.

i remember when i was 18 i just started messing with opiates, i wasn't withdrawing at all and me and my friend split half a strip of suboxone. i was fucked up for about an hour or two, then i was throwing up and felt like absolute shit for the next 24 hours straight. true story.

Listen to mostly_human, his advice is spot on. Suboxone is a great recreational drug if used once a week or less and only taking small amounts. 1mg should be perfect maybe another 1mg after 3hrs if not enough. IME that will keep you feeling pretty good for 24hrs. It is strong and long lasting. Suboxone is the drug of choice in prisons these days as you don't need much and when you have little to no tolerance it gets you really stoned like other opioids. That and it's supposedly easy to smuggle in. Anyway it feels great at a low dose.

Listen to mostly_human, his advice is spot on. Suboxone is a great recreational drug if used once a week or less and only taking small amounts. 1mg should be perfect maybe another 1mg after 3hrs if not enough. IME that will keep you feeling pretty good for 24hrs. It is strong and long lasting. Suboxone is the drug of choice in prisons these days as you don't need much and when you have little to no tolerance it gets you really stoned like other opioids. That and it's supposedly easy to smuggle in. Anyway it feels great at a low dose.

Wouldn't say suboxone is a very rec drug at all but maybe for some it is. I mean it will make me tired and prob nod if I have no tolly at all but it really lacks euphoria ime. Even codeine seems to be more rec for me than subs.

I jus wanna find something that is cheaper n make me b able to only do things every few days so I can start to lower my tolerance n make my self one step closer to slowly stopping

If you have a habit and tolerance suboxone won't get you high. You have to have very little to no tolerance to get a nice buzz from it. You have to be willing to taper down using oxycodone or suboxone to lower your tolerance. Suboxone is strong so even a couple of mg could put your tolerance up.

That makes sense bc I go back n forth n usually taper every few months n it use to give me a buzz but not ne more n I have friends I give it to n they get ripped off 1/8...dam those lucky fuckers lol

I'm new here and I don't know how to start a new post. I have a question, or maybe a few. I'm prescribed 4 30mg of oxycodone and a lot of the time I run out early due to me taking more than I should. Anyways, I ran out again and I have this pill that is (Actavis) 153 (Buprenorphine hydrochloride (sublingual) 8 mg). My understanding is that it will take away my withdralw. Now, should I take the whole thing or half? This it's from a friend. How long after can I start taking my regular doses of oxycodone?