• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids How much Norco recommended?

foxydinosaur97

Greenlighter
Not going to lie, It's been a rough week. Shitty shits been happening. I use some form of opiate (that's not heroin) at least twice a week and I just came across some norcos. I want to get a nice "take away the feeling high" haha. How many mgs are recommended for someone with a fair tolerance to opiates. Im 5'6 and 120 pounds. Advice is super appreciated:)

Not going to lie, your weeks are destined to get rougher and shitty shit will continue for 18 year olds who use "some form of opiate (that's not heroin) at least twice a week" because they will almost certainly turn into 20 year olds who use every form of opiate available, including heroin, 8 days a week if they keep that shit up.

But, since 18 year olds are nototius for knowing everything, I suppose I shall wish you good luck in your endeavors. Don't say we didn't warn you when you come back next year or the year after posting "HELP...?"

I'm not an expert on the subject, but you have all the traits of an aspiring addict: using opiates twice a week and ESPECIALLY using them take away negative feeling.

Don't wanna bum you out but I'd say your chances of becoming addicted are higher than your chances of not. I use opiates 4 times a year at the most and I still worry about addiction potential. I've used many different drugs many times before and I've never had an addiction, but opiates are different. One of the only drugs that'll make me worry in terms of addiction.

I won't tell you to never use opiates, but at least don't use them twice a week. It may be twice a week right now, then maybe 3 times but only on some weeks, then maybe every other day, then maybe every day.

I like to think of opiates as like a delicacy. They're like a holiday occasion to me. Like my adult version of Christmas. But the only way to keep it like that is to make sure my use is much less than often.

Wow 3 different replies, not one answer to his question. OP I'd say 30mg is a good dose for what you're looking for and how you described your current tolerance :) have fun!

For the sake of HR I wouldn't take more than 30-40mg. Its hard to say for sure without knowing what opiates you have been using twice weekly and how long you have been doing them.

I also echo what some of the PPs have said, be careful with using opiates as the "cure" for a shit week. If you have trouble managing your stress, feel depressed often, etc perhaps an anti-depressant is the safest route to take. Continue using opiates and soon you'll find that "twice a week" becomes every other day, and then every day becomes several times a day. Sooner than you think your body will become physically dependent and you will go into withdrawal without your pills. Take care please and find some other way to feel better when life has you down

Wow 3 different replies, not one answer to his question. OP I'd say 30mg is a good dose for what you're looking for and how you described your current tolerance :) have fun!

Good answer! OP also keep in mind that if this doesn't seem like enough, you can always take more but never less. We don't want you to end up getting sick which is no fun at all.. But then again you might not give a shit if you're high enough.

By the way, nobody here is trying to be a preachy asshole. We just don't want to see you get yourself in hot water with the drugs. But you're going to do them anyway so just be careful and use your noggin. Oh and you can always ask more questions if needed of course. ;)

30-40mg would be good. I'm only going to give you a small lecture.

Using opistes when your sad a terrible idea, cause everytime your sad you go to opiates. Try and take them when your happy.

Thank you all a lot for your concern. I actually appreciate it plenty! I really haven't realized it until now that I may be forming a problem so it's very helpful. I still want to try out the Norcos while I have them and I'll just stick with 30mg. But thank you all so much I will start being more careful! :)

Yeah man, I'm not going to get all Nancy Reagan on you, but the truth is opioids are a very effective medication. It's easy to slip into that trap once hard times hit. Once you find yourself needing them for medicinal reasons you are in trouble. Anyone will tell you that has been addicted to opiates it is NOT worth it. Once or twice a week isn't that big of a deal. If you find yourself needing them for more than that, time to take a break. Be good to yourself and take care of your body and mind. Get some counseling to help you establish what is troubling you and what you can do about it. Opiate addiction is nothing but chains. You really don't want that. To answer your post 30 mg is a good place to start. There is a lot of APAP in there, so you might want to switch to something APAP free. Over time, your liver will create enzymes to get rid of the APAP and people start taking dozens at a time, but that's not what you really want. Just be careful, it's easy to fall into opiate addiction without realizing it. It kind of sneaks up on you so keep those eyeballs peeled.

Good answer! OP also keep in mind that if this doesn't seem like enough, you can always take more but never less. We don't want you to end up getting sick which is no fun at all.. But then again you might not give a shit if you're high enough.

By the way, nobody here is trying to be a preachy asshole. We just don't want to see you get yourself in hot water with the drugs. But you're going to do them anyway so just be careful and use your noggin. Oh and you can always ask more questions if needed of course. ;)
Oh yes I'm sure we have all been there before with getting sick lol. I actually started getting used to running to the toilet to puke, brush my teeth then light a cig like nothing happened haha. Yeah I noticed the first 3 people just started lecturing OP on the how bad an opiate addiction is or how they should only do them x amount of times. Which I'm not trying to downplay how bad an opiate addiction can be but that's not what OP came here for. I just pictured them sitting there like "ok thanks but I'm still wondering how much I should dose" lol but yeah you nailed it Sluttypeach good answer :)

30mg is a good starting point. Best bang for your buck though is to take a couple benadryl near the end.

Have fun, and maybe slow down a little.

30-40. I am a semi-regular heroin IVer and I weigh 50% more than you. That puts me in a good enough place. Not amazing, but I appreciate how long the afterglow lasts.