• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Harm Reduction How much nitrous does it take to knock most people out?

CuteKittenPussy

Greenlighter
I made a thread on here asking why nitrous oxide had next to no effect on me except slight lightheadness, but I've given some to my friend and he got high so it's not fake, I definitely did it right. I looked it up and professional dentists have told others it does not work on everyone. So I've thought about loading 2 into one balloon, but I am worried it may knock me out. Ofcourse it's different for everyone, but if it takes about 5 balloons to knock the average person out, 2's more likely to be fine. I've looked for this on google as well but can't find much sensible answers. Thanks.

go ahead and do it, have someone next to you to catch you if u fall over

SIT DOWN WHILE DOING IT

i have done TANKS AND TANKS and im talking 20 - 40 pound tanks u see at festivals...

i have done 3 tanks in 1 night

ull be fine.

just doooo ittttt

3 tanks in one night, are you sure? not being funny or anything but that does seem like a lot of gas.

go ahead and do it, have someone next to you to catch you if u fall over

SIT DOWN WHILE DOING IT

i have done TANKS AND TANKS and im talking 20 - 40 pound tanks u see at festivals...

i have done 3 tanks in 1 night

ull be fine.

just doooo ittttt

just hitting it once wont do much. You really need to take hits over an extended peroid to allow the nitrous to incread in concentration in your blood before you start getting good effects. Also, make sure you are sitting.

it doesn't do a whole lot unless you are on other drugs with it. even just 300 mg of DXM two hours before your nitrous session will make a world of difference

Yea it's about continuously breathing it in not just big hits as only so much absorbs. I feel people black out not just because doing too much, but not getting oxygen as I've seen people hitting a tank go blue in the lips as they pass out although I'm sure excessive use can also cause that to happen.

Nitrous really isn't supposed to "knock people out", so I think you're barking up the wrong tree.

Nitrous really isn't supposed to "knock people out", so I think you're barking up the wrong tree.

It was/ is used for anesthesia, so it's supposed to knock people out :p but yes recreational it's not supposed to knock you out, that should only be the case if you take too much and this can even kill you, due to oxygen deprivation/asphyxiation on your own vomit

i've been at parties with the big tanks... way different than a can of whipped cream. well, really maybe not different but much stronger and longer lasting... you can do balloon after balloon dude you'll be fine. never seen anyone be knocked out from nitrous. but i have seen, and experienced, a "walking blackout" - total loss of motor control, violent involuntary movements, total disassociation from reality (especially if other drugs are combined), and little to no recollection of any of it besides remembering it felt good and was fun. got a wicked headache when i over did it once, but more likely was from a lot of alcohol though....

best advice is be sitting down on a couch, not some flimsy chair with no arms cause you'll likely be falling off it.

actually, now that i'm thinking about it, i have a friend that went through 100's of nitrous cartridges in a day and his left eye went lazy for a couple days after that. it fixed itself but he was sure it could've only been caused by the excessive amount of nitrous in a short period of time.... anyone ever hear of anything like that? figure its worth noting, HR and all...

^ what all these people have posted is true. You really can't over do it. But try to not black out. And do not be driving while doing nitrous. My friend wrecked his car on his way to a festival from blacking out. Lmao.

if you are sitting back in a chair, and have a rechargable cream dispenser - you can go through 100 w/o being "knock-out" completely - cause they are 50% oxygen - BUT if you take like 6-7 back-to-back-to-back, et cetera W/O additional air - you WILL pass out for a matter of about 10 weird minutes
THAT BEING SAID N2O IS THE WORST HANGOVER IN DRUG-HISTORY - one day doing 116 cartridges = 4-7days sweating thick shit, coughing up thick shit, tasting thick shit, & with a mind and body feeling like thick shit.

If that drug, which I know little about tbh, doesn't get you high, why increase the dose and not just turn to an other drug that will get you high?

N2o can easily get you high, its just if your using whip-its or cannisters its not nearly as fun as getting a TANK and going to a CVS and buying the HUGE Punching Bag balloons and filling that bitch up and just chillen sucking on the balloon, me and like 10 friends would do this all tjhe time and people would black out and all of a sudden the balloon would fly across the room when the kid fell out.

It was/ is used for anesthesia, so it's supposed to knock people out :p but yes recreational it's not supposed to knock you out, that should only be the case if you take too much and this can even kill you, due to oxygen deprivation/asphyxiation on your own vomit

Toucher Kleiner, I spoke too soon. I've had so much experience with Nitrous in my life, between recreation and surgery/dentist that I thought I knew everything about it. Bad Keif.

Nitrous MAC is higher as 100%, that means, that half of tested persons will not lose consciousness even when inhaling nitrous for a prolonged time. Instead of this they would lose consciousness from the lack of oxygen. Maybe it would be possible to be safely knocked out by inhaling 80 nitrous-20 oxygen mixture for a rare person.
Nitrous alone is not used for anesthesia.

I had a 20# tank and a regulator, no screwing with balloons. Put a few solenoid valves on the low side ~8 PSI and everyone gets a switch and a hose. That is doing nitrous. My wife and I have done 40# in a long weekend. That is medical grade. All of these stories about hacking up shit must be from the nasty gas they put in whippets. I mentioned in another thread, I had to put a .3 micron filter on my cracker to be able to stand that oily crap. The most effective way I have found to use this stuff is ~30% oxygen mixed with 70% nitrous. That really will grab you by the boo boo. It does need a more complicated rig tho. You won't die from hypoxia if you over do it and that ain't nothing.