• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Benzos How much Nitrazepam should I take to knock me out?

MatteMind

Greenlighter
A couple of days ago I took 20mgs of Diazepam orally and it didn't affect me at all, not even a tiny bit of sleepiness. I'm going to try Nitrazepam now, any idea how much I should take to just knock me out?

10mg and you'll sleep great, prob a bit next day too. It's strong stuff, I was taking 40mg of valium and the Nitrazepam knocked me out!

How long have you been taking benzos for? Be careful, they are super addictive and withdrawal was a bitch.

10mg and you'll sleep great, prob a bit next day too. It's strong stuff, I was taking 40mg of valium and the Nitrazepam knocked me out!

How long have you been taking benzos for? Be careful, they are super addictive and withdrawal was a bitch.
Okay great to hear. I'll be sure to be careful. I'm relatively new to benzos, I appreciate you replying. Only have 2 posts so far and you've replied to both of em!

Nitrazepam is the same potency as diazepam, it just has more hypnotic effect. For me, it is a lousy choice for sleep, as it has long half life and its long lasting hangover effect is not enjoyable. I should add that I am currently on 20mg diazepam daily (for a few months now) and it would take me at least additional 10mg of nitrazepam to increase my chances of falling asleep.

Nitrazepam is in many ways very similar to diazepam, and if you have problems with falling asleep you should try some Z drug, or midazolam (if you can get your hands on midazolam - Versed/Dormicum). This drugs are great inducers of sleep but they wear off quickly, so waking after few hours is a real possibility. So if you have trouble with both falling and staying asleep than they are not ideal solution. Although midazolam is surely strong enough to knock you out for a long time regardless of its short half life and Z drugs (zolpidem, zopiclone, eszopiclone, zaleplone...) come in slow release formula, which obviously help regarding short durationof action.

So, speaking from personal experience - if 20mg of diazepam did not help, take 10mg of nitrazepam.

Don't go over 20mg as you will have hangover next day that is not so pleasant with nitrazepam. Besides, if you need 20mg of nitrazepam to fall asleep than that indicates it is not a drug well suited for your needs.

I will just echo that you should be very careful with benzodiazepines, even more with long acting (half life wise) ones, as dosing diazepam or nitrazepam 3 times a week can make you become dependent without even knowing that dependence is forming. Although it seems that you already have experience with benzodiazepines as 20mg of diazepam did not help you (very odd for somebody with no experience/tolerance with benzodiazepines).

I hope you sleep well tonight and that you will be able to regulate your sleep without benzodiazepines. I know how much insomnia sucks and also how much being dependent on benzodiazepines can be a hell hole from which is very hard to get out.

I wish you smooth sailing tonight and in the future.

Nitrazepam is the same potency as diazepam, it just has more hypnotic effect. For me, it is a lousy choice for sleep, as it has long half life and its long lasting hangover effect is not enjoyable. I should add that I am currently on 20mg diazepam daily (for a few months now) and it would take me at least additional 10mg of nitrazepam to increase my chances of falling asleep.

Nitrazepam is in many ways very similar to diazepam, and if you have problems with falling asleep you should try some Z drug, or midazolam (if you can get your hands on midazolam - Versed/Dormicum). This drugs are great inducers of sleep but they wear off quickly, so waking after few hours is a real possibility. So if you have trouble with both falling and staying asleep than they are not ideal solution. Although midazolam is surely strong enough to knock you out for a long time regardless of its short half life and Z drugs (zolpidem, zopiclone, eszopiclone, zaleplone...) come in slow release formula, which obviously help regarding short durationof action.

So, speaking from personal experience - if 20mg of diazepam did not help, take 10mg of nitrazepam.

Don't go over 20mg as you will have hangover next day that is not so pleasant with nitrazepam. Besides, if you need 20mg of nitrazepam to fall asleep than that indicates it is not a drug well suited for your needs.

I will just echo that you should be very careful with benzodiazepines, even more with long acting (half life wise) ones, as dosing diazepam or nitrazepam 3 times a week can make you become dependent without even knowing that dependence is forming. Although it seems that you already have experience with benzodiazepines as 20mg of diazepam did not help you (very odd for somebody with no experience/tolerance with benzodiazepines).

I hope you sleep well tonight and that you will be able to regulate your sleep without benzodiazepines. I know how much insomnia sucks and also how much being dependent on benzodiazepines can be a hell hole from which is very hard to get out.

Thank you for the answer and for sharing your experience. I honestly was also quite suprised that 2 pills of 10mg Diazepam (Valium) didn't do anything to me, as I mentioned I don't have any experience with benzos previously. I did have some time near the time I took the pills, do you think that might affect it somehow?

Can I ask you, if I'm drunk and I took some Nitrazepam how would it affect me?