• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids How much Methadone first time?

I said two to three hours to let it build effect so you know just how strong of respritory depression you get if any.

@kleinerkiffer I asked all these questions and did the research before I took it and if I didn't know enough I wouldn't have taken it. Furthermore not knowing all the details about the half life doesn't really affect the first dose I take. But thank you for answering all the questions I had, it was a huge help. How many mg do you suggest taking if I were to take it on friday?

15mg should be a good dose. If that's not enough, wait another few days and try about 20mg.
Keep in mind that some people died from as little as 40mg.
Stay safe and have fun :)

I just read that the half life is more around 50 hours for people that don't take methadone regularly. So in the worst case it could take around two days to eliminate half the dose you took, keep that in mind. :)

I just read that the half life is more around 50 hours for people that don't take methadone regularly. So in the worst case it could take around two days to eliminate half the dose you took, keep that in mind. :)

Indeed!

Methadone is stronger than oxy? The high sure as hell isn't as good, IME....

Being strong doesn't necessarily mean it's going to make you feel euphoric.
Hell IME is getting addicted to methadone.
It's one of those impossible meds to get off of.