How much metformin to inhibit mTOR?

Swim15

Bluelighter
Just curious if anyone has found literature because I couldn’t dig any up on doses. Google is getting shittier by the day on search results.

Just curious if anyone has found literature because I couldn’t dig any up on doses. Google is getting shittier by the day on search results.

I was of the opinion metformin (1g, PM, taken with 500mg resveratrol) primarily worked on AMPK (although I am aware mitochondrial complex I is inhibited by metformin leading to the AMPK dependent activation of TSC2 which inhibits mTOR in a roundabout way)...

mTOR is increased by L-leucine and inhibited by rapamycin (2-6mg every 2-5 days, or 5mg once a week) although not advised due to potential harms...

Thanks Genetic Freak! That’s what I was looking for and all of that sounds spot on. Appreciate it

Thanks Genetic Freak! That’s what I was looking for and all of that sounds spot on. Appreciate it

Out of interest what are you trying to achieve..?

I have spoken with local GP recently about metformin for longevity via modulation of AMPK signalling, but decided against it due to potential side effects..

Honestly not really anything per se. Just been doing a lot of reading on aging, disease and disease pathology, and related stuff. Couldn’t really find info on it and was just wondering. Leaning about the different signaling pathways.

If a 500 ER was enough I might do one at night but have too many GI issues with UC right now anyways. Been a while but iirc doesn’t berberine work through a related signaling pathway potentially? Need to look myself

Honestly not really anything per se. Just been doing a lot of reading on aging, disease and disease pathology, and related stuff. Couldn’t really find info on it and was just wondering. Leaning about the different signaling pathways.

If a 500 ER was enough I might do one at night but have too many GI issues with UC right now anyways. Been a while but iirc doesn’t berberine work through a related signaling pathway potentially? Need to look myself

AMPK
Sirtuins
mTOR, IGF-1

Have you been following the work of Dr David Sinclair..?