• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids How much Lope to cause heart problems/electrolyte imbalance?

ChemicallyEnhanced

Bluelighter
I worded that badly...I'm not trying to GET those issues. I mean how much can I take without risking it?
Just started Day 3 of withdrawal this morning. I've been feeling like I'm dying so I took 20 Loperamide (40mg) and 12 x Paramol.
Honestly, I'd rather be hospitalized for an OD right now that suffer this withdrawal any longer. So I took another 18 (26mg) Loperamide this afternoon.
I feel somewhat better but still hot and sick.
I've had 144mg Loperamide in the last 48 hours. Is that dangerous? My heart feels fine. I'm so fucking hot, though.

Hard to say. Some people may be more susceptible than others. 60mg a day would probably the highest dose id recommend to people these days. I think ive taken 110mg at most in a single dose and never noticed anything, but i cant recommend that.

Cardiac complications from loperamide can be quitr challenging to treat and can result in lasting damage. You might feel like anything is better than how you are feeling now, but that will pass. Damage to the heart could be a life-long ordeal.

Hard to say. Some people may be more susceptible than others. 60mg a day would probably the highest dose id recommend to people these days. I think ive taken 110mg at most in a single dose and never noticed anything, but i cant recommend that.

Cardiac complications from loperamide can be quitr challenging to treat and can result in lasting damage. You might feel like anything is better than how you are feeling now, but that will pass. Damage to the heart could be a life-long ordeal.

I feel a lot better now but I'm definitely gonna avoid loperamide unless in an emergency in future. I have a prolonged Q-T interval as it is due to Quetiapine.

I feel a lot better now but I'm definitely gonna avoid loperamide unless in an emergency in future. I have a prolonged Q-T interval as it is due to Quetiapine.

Good choice. I got in the habit of using loperamide to hold me off during heroin binges. After using it for one week and relatively modest doses, I began having erratic heart palpitations and such one day. This was enough for me never to touch it again.

(I'm not a physician and this information is not medical advice. Any dose *could be* dangerous, and I'm only sharing what I've read).

The lowest dose I've found in medical literature as causing QT interval issues is 200mg, which is substantially lower than every other reported dosage that's been documented as causing problems; people being hospitalized usually have 400mg/day or more for long amounts of time, or 800-1200mg single doses.

What's extremely important to keep in mind, the half life of loperamide is 11 hours, at a normal medicinal dose, and there's evidence to suggest ability to process it is limited such that extreme doses result in a substantially increased half life. You should absolutely not be using lope more frequently than every 36-48h, or it will very quickly build up toxic levels because you're taking more faster than your body is eliminating it.

Make sure to keep hydrated; you can definitely notice the impending electrolyte imbalance because lope will make you pee a lot.

Keep it to 40-60mg q36-48h, if you have an extreme habit where that's not doing it, just absolutely don't exceed 100mg q36-48h; there's nothing in the documented cases that would indicate this is risky, though I'd reduce these numbers if you have a low weight. (If anyone has found different numbers documented, please share!)

These problems are a risk, but they're really overblown in comparison to the risk of taking street drugs to begin with, and nearly exclusively associated with people clearly trying to get high, instead of just stop withdrawal. CVS just pulled all packages larger than 24 because of this bullshit; like ok keep shooting heroin instead!

All that said, if you're concurrently taking another drug, or have a natural condition, that is associated with prolonged QT intervals/Torsades de pointes, I'd cut all those numbers in half at least.

(I'm not a physician and this information is not medical advice. Any dose *could be* dangerous, and I'm only sharing what I've read).

The lowest dose I've found in medical literature as causing QT interval issues is 200mg, which is substantially lower than every other reported dosage that's been documented as causing problems; people being hospitalized usually have 400mg/day or more for long amounts of time, or 800-1200mg single doses.

What's extremely important to keep in mind, the half life of loperamide is 11 hours, at a normal medicinal dose, and there's evidence to suggest ability to process it is limited such that extreme doses result in a substantially increased half life. You should absolutely not be using lope more frequently than every 36-48h, or it will very quickly build up toxic levels because you're taking more faster than your body is eliminating it.

Make sure to keep hydrated; you can definitely notice the impending electrolyte imbalance because lope will make you pee a lot.

Keep it to 40-60mg q36-48h, if you have an extreme habit where that's not doing it, just absolutely don't exceed 100mg q36-48h; there's nothing in the documented cases that would indicate this is risky, though I'd reduce these numbers if you have a low weight. (If anyone has found different numbers documented, please share!)

These problems are a risk, but they're really overblown in comparison to the risk of taking street drugs to begin with, and nearly exclusively associated with people clearly trying to get high, instead of just stop withdrawal. CVS just pulled all packages larger than 24 because of this bullshit; like ok keep shooting heroin instead!

All that said, if you're concurrently taking another drug, or have a natural condition, that is associated with prolonged QT intervals/Torsades de pointes, I'd cut all those numbers in half at least.

I dont recall seeing doses explicitly listed in the literature, other than x number of empty boxes were found on the scene, etc. Frankly don't remember these reports giving that degree of specificity though i don't refute the notion either, i don't remember. What was clear, at least from my recollection, were that all patients were chronic users and weren't victims of single dose acute toxicity.

I agree with your dosing guidelines however.