• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Misc How much leeway do you have when experimenting with GHB if no other downers....

deruyityn

Bluelighter
and just at home?

Ie not mixing downers and not out and about just at home.

I mean when you start a drug usually you have to experiment with the dose a little to find your sweet spot.

So inevitably you have to go at least a little above the ideal to find out what is just right.

In the case of other drugs this is usually a little bit uncomfortable and passes as long as you were responsible.

Is it a matter of life and death with ghb? I guess it isn't THAT extreme because some people have found their sweet spot and enjoy it?

I hear the worst thing that will happen with a bit too much G is just falling asleep. So if your at home then that is no problem right just an early night?

altho what is the dose where you would risk puking while asleep? that seems a very real risk?

Ie what would be the dose for a good time and what for a bit too much vs a dose where you may die from your own puke? is it very close to the fall asleep dose?

Uh, there are many terrible things that can happen when you 'fall asleep' on G-like waking up naked in some perverts house, or face down on the train with all your belongings scattered around you at the last stop on the F train in Coney Island.

GHB/GBL is a very strong CNS depressant, and it can be very enjoyable, but I would start on the lower spectrum before aiming for a higher dosage.

Are you talking about GBL or GHB (GBL is the liquid version, which is a prodrug, meaning it's metabolized into GHB, and it's actually stronger and has a quicker onset)? I would have to know that before suggesting a dosage. 1.5mL is a good starting dose for GBL, I wouldn't recommend trying anything higher the first time.

i get nauseous easily from most opiates, and GHB certainly does give me some serious vertigo BUT i cannot remember ever having actually puked from taking it. heroin, morphine, oxy, codiene, poppy seed tea, u4770, o-dt, etc., however, i have all puked on, if this gives you any idea as to how likely it will make you vomit. and i've taken ghb/gbl many many times and combined it with small doses of benzos like etizolam and temazepam, and also seroquel (good combo if you're looking to sleep off a stim comedown). 4-6ml gbl or 4-7gr ghb is about the most you wanna be taking unless you've done this before, which obviously you haven't, and that will definitely cause you to lay down and fall asleep for a good 90-200 minutes, without exception. 1.6 gram of ghb/1 ml of gbl is enough to catch a buzz; double that and you'll be probably catching an unavoidable catnap for about 40 minutes. and every second of it will feel fucking great.
good luck and be careful

Uh, there are many terrible things that can happen when you 'fall asleep' on G-like waking up naked in some perverts house, or face down on the train with all your belongings scattered around you at the last stop on the F train in Coney Island.

GHB/GBL is a very strong CNS depressant, and it can be very enjoyable, but I would start on the lower spectrum before aiming for a higher dosage.

Are you talking about GBL or GHB (GBL is the liquid version, which is a prodrug, meaning it's metabolized into GHB, and it's actually stronger and has a quicker onset)? I would have to know that before suggesting a dosage. 1.5mL is a good starting dose for GBL, I wouldn't recommend trying anything higher the first time.

GHB is a liquid too, is it not? I know a guy who actually had a prescription for GHB and it was a liquid.

ive taken tons of ghb, Gbl and bdo...never puked on Gbl or bdo but have on Ghb a few times..a very enjoyable high but one must be very careful when dosing..get a pastic syringe from the drug store, start out low and adjust accordingly..with street ghb u never know what u are getting..back in the day i would just take capfuls and see what happened..lol..it usually always resulted in a fun social night but sometimes if i felt dizzy within 10 minutes i knew i was in trouble..

ghb is so much better than alcohol though..

ive taken tons of ghb, Gbl and bdo...never puked on Gbl or bdo but have on Ghb a few times..a very enjoyable high but one must be very careful when dosing..get a pastic syringe from the drug store, start out low and adjust accordingly..with street ghb u never know what u are getting..back in the day i would just take capfuls and see what happened..lol..it usually always resulted in a fun social night but sometimes if i felt dizzy within 10 minutes i knew i was in trouble..

ghb is so much better than alcohol though..

I think Ive read your other posts about it. your the one dose a night guy arent you who has never become addicted to it and used very responsibly?

I was recently dosing G kinda crazily after a Black Sabbath show, I was feelin lucky. I passed out in the middle of sex, woke up confused and shaky, downed a double dose, went in the kitchen, passed out hitting my neck and foot on the way down, almost aspirated on my own vomit, requiring an ambulance ride and 3 months later my lisfranc foot parts are still barely usable because I was able to smash my foot so hard. Also, I didn't feel it as it wore off, I walked around until the anesthesia of it subsided. Lesson learned - I strictly write down my dose and take only the bare minimum to be high. also, it's almost killed me multiple times with other CNS depressants. it's serious business, I'd say => alcohol. which is saying a lot. also terrible withdrawal

4-aminobutyric%20acid.png

is great at just exactly the right dosage level and when not combined with other downers, but it has an extremely steep dose-response curve, meaning that an overdose is usually only a heartbeat away, especially once your judgement has become slightly clouded by its initial effects. On top of that, for some reason, a lot of its users tend to OD in public and often seem to have overdose events that are very loud, with bizarre behavior and often of an overtly sexual nature. Even if you do find and maintain your "sweet spot" with it, bear in mind that due to its libido turbocharging effects and lowering of inhibitions, this one has the very real potential to put yourself at risk for date rape. I was date raped once on it.

I do know that the first time I used I carped out (coma-like state) on only 4mg... but I eventually gained a tolerance. I have always called G a fickle mistress. I would take 4mg as well, that way you will feel it and most likely (as long as you're larger than me) feel it to the max and not pass out... I am a small female though.

I, too was recently addicted to G. It happened to me before I had realized what happened. Because of the slight anxiety I got after one night of (knock out) use I used more...paired with a steady connect and the love of the feeling I used more.. for a month...until I realized I was physically addicted. Not everyone is so quick to get addicted though. I wasn't near as deep as some people get though. I was able to use Phenibut to detox... for what that's worth.

I think Ive read your other posts about it. your the one dose a night guy arent you who has never become addicted to it and used very responsibly?

yep, thats me..ive had gallons of the different precursors and ghb itself and never became addicted...i went years using once a day..never built much of a tolerance to it..

I was recently dosing G kinda crazily after a Black Sabbath show, I was feelin lucky. I passed out in the middle of sex, woke up confused and shaky, downed a double dose, went in the kitchen, passed out hitting my neck and foot on the way down, almost aspirated on my own vomit, requiring an ambulance ride and 3 months later my lisfranc foot parts are still barely usable because I was able to smash my foot so hard. Also, I didn't feel it as it wore off, I walked around until the anesthesia of it subsided. Lesson learned - I strictly write down my dose and take only the bare minimum to be high. also, it's almost killed me multiple times with other CNS depressants. it's serious business, I'd say => alcohol. which is saying a lot. also terrible withdrawal

i believe it. i knew a guy once, he took ghb while at a party, went for a walk, and fell down a hillside, broke his neck and suffocated. this is one drug that can definitely leave a person completely powerless.

Oh wow yes it can... I always had the fear of throwing up while carped out because I would throw up right before I was out...sounds like you've been to meetings ? Am I right?

If you need it to sleep you may be ? Deruyityn correct me if I am wrong... that's how I know I was addicted

FWIW, the difference between a dose that gives no effects, a "good" dose, and an OD, is maybe a range of 2 grams.... so increasing your dose 0.25g at a time is a good way to titrate. e.g. 1 gram = no effects / 2 grams = OK / 3 grams = puking and having a spastic fit

IME, moderate usage of GHB (1-2x a day) doesn't build physical dependence or a significant tolerance either.

If you need it to sleep you may be ? Deruyityn correct me if I am wrong... that's how I know I was addicted

i always found ghb to be awful for sleep, at least for me..strange as it is scribed for insomnia but with me, the only time i found it effective for sleep is if i woke up in the middle of the night and restless, id dose and get 2-3 hours of sleep but i could never sleep longer than that on ghb..i never liked the idea of dosing before bed and then having to wake up and redose 3-4 hours later..

That's good I'm glad you were successful with that you're very fortunate...I'm sorry you have to deal with insomnia I know that's tough

FWIW, the difference between a dose that gives no effects, a "good" dose, and an OD, is maybe a range of 2 grams.... so increasing your dose 0.25g at a time is a good way to titrate. e.g. 1 gram = no effects / 2 grams = OK / 3 grams = puking and having a spastic fit

IME, moderate usage of GHB (1-2x a day) doesn't build physical dependence or a significant tolerance either.

Thats what I thought. I mean that is still a quite large difference if you're dealing with powder. I understand how it's easy to miscalculate drops but powder if using a mg scale would be harder to make mistakes no?

Although how much is your judgement compromised ie forgetting how much you took and taking a double dose or something?

Pretty sure the powder is gbl which is the presciption stuff and much stronger (paint stripper or something like that)... I've never tried that but I've heard it's much stronger so need to definitely take less.

The only "powder" form of GHB would be GHB as a salt (e.g. sodium GHB), even though it's normally shipped and sold as solution. GBL and butanediol are both liquids (BDO freezes to a wax at about 18C)

Weighing doses is always a good idea. And as for doubling up, you may feel compelled to, but that's a mistake you'll only ever make once... an unintentional GHB overdose is nauseating and confusing and just no fun.

Generally speaking, higher doses of GHB will just make you feel awful and/or pass out, and won't kill you. Still, have someone around to check on you if you're gonna do that.

Even with kratom I have a notepad where I write how much I used to gauge the ideal dose minus hangover or any anxiety.

So I imagine that would be even more important in this case.

I wouldnt be able to have a sitter since I don't have any social circle let alone anyone who is drug savvy.

And I was thinking about it and tripsit.me wouldnt really be suitable would it :) since if you fall asleep and ppl were watching you or something it seems the same as if you having died or something. altho I guess they could factor in the half life and if you didnt arouse after a few hours then be concerned.

Last edited: