• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Gabapentinoids How much is too much?

JadeErin05

Greenlighter
I dont usually take Gabapentin but I am not able to get my usual (tramadol). I woke up this morning and took 4 300mg. Then in the evening I took 3 more (300mg). I'm not feeling the effects I usually do. I know you can gain a tolerance pretty quick. My question is, how much can I take in a day? I've heard you can't OD on gaba but I'm not willing to risk it.

I've personally taken 6000mg and I think its completely dog shit does absolutely nothing maybe thats just me though idk

It's a very subtle drug AND a very effective nerve pain med.

So I made a correction to this. I meant to say, they were present in the OD's but there wasn't a proven correlation that Im aware of.

I would be very surprised if there were anything beyond extreme intoxication and incoherence, but nothing deadly, as in, I can't find any data indicating so.

There is a lot of bullshit out there about how Gabapentinoids are "involved" in a third of overdoses in some state. The thing is, there were not only Gabapentinoids in the body upon testing, with no scientific evidence that they were actually the agent(s) that caused or contributed to them.

Yes. If Gabapentinoids were to be searched and aggregated on these forums, the exponential nature of the tolerance would probably be mentioned most.

If you use a higher dose of Gabapentin then you usually do, I would recommend actually taking a little less the next day. This should average out and get you back to normalcy.

How much is too much? The reported doses of Gabapentin reported go as high as you can count.

You can very easily experience subjectively absent effects by day 3 or 4. Just know that tolerance to this is a fast-moving thing.

Last edited:
I've personally taken 6000mg and I think its completely dog shit does absolutely nothing maybe thats just me though idk
I've read that you can "stack" them. So start off with a couple, then add more 20 - 30 minutes later, then continue until your satisfied. I tried this yesterday and had a good result. I also didn't need to take as much.

Yeah taking 300mg at a time every 30 minutes allows you to absorb far more of it than taking a big load at once. It's absorbed by an amino acid transporter in the gut which is rate limited, so if you take a bunch at once, most of it passes through your gut without absorbing.

Gabapentin is a nice drug, it's not in your face like many drugs but is fantastic for mood enhancement and producing a nice, comfortable, carefree state. But keep it to every few days at most because you won't feel much on consecutive days.