• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Benzos How much is too much Xanax

I hate Xanax...used to like it long ago. If I take more than a .5 I will be OUT within 3 hours...or at least impaired enough that I can't enjoy myself or do anything.

Nowadays if I need to hold my self over a while before taking my evening pain relievers, I'll opt for a combo of 15-20mg Restoril, and some stimulants. Mellow, relaxed, reduced sweating, and wears off in plenty of time before 10:00(evening opioid dose), so that I can take my full usual dose without having too much sedative synergy.
Opiates alone are quite stimulating IME, but if I take even A LITTLE of a benzo like Ativan, Xanax, etc...it completely changes all that, and I end up having to take X amount of Ritalin/Adderall just to break even...locomotion wise, so to speak.
Then again, I take painkillers to MOVE(really every drug I take is for this reason), not to lay on my ass like a lot of people do. If I wanted to do that I'd probably give em all up, lol.

But if you want to be cold/tired, and likely black out, Xanax in excess is great for that.

If you have anxiety take minimum effective dose....titrate yourself, cause if you weigh 90lbs .5mg is probably too much. Start with .25 if you're inept.