• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Benzos How much is too much Xanax

Phil99

Greenlighter
I have spread out about 6mg over 2 weeks and 5mg a few weeks prior. I know this is a really small amount but am I taking enough to build some type of tolerance? I wan't to go through the rest I have without needing to taper off as xanax is so hard to get around here

I'm curious too. I use Xanax mainly for anxiety and usually just one pill, two at the most if it's a bad panic attack. But once in a while I take three just for the buzz. Does the fact that I use it for anxiety increase my tolerance so that when I want a buzz I should be taking more? I'm scared of blackouts that's why I'm conservative about it. I take 1 mg pills.

Well alprazolam(xanax) is very tricky and sometimes .25mg difference between doses can cause blackouts, if the tolerance is very high you don't have to worry how much is too much cuz its ld50 is 331-2171mg/kg it is a very very huge dose, but if you are concerned about the effects, well while blacked out you can do the stupidest things you can ever imagine, you can even kill your self if you are not in a safe place.

I have taken extremely high doses of xanax 23mg+ and I can't remember a thing that happened two days in a row, but my father and my sister told me that I have done terrible things, I have beaten my sister and I have almost blinded her with lit cigarettes.

So better be safe and do not overdo it cuz it can ruin your life.

And yes tolerance can develop very fast sometimes.

I have spread out about 6mg over 2 weeks and 5mg a few weeks prior. I know this is a really small amount but am I taking enough to build some type of tolerance? I wan't to go through the rest I have without needing to taper off as xanax is so hard to get around here

That is a very small amount (roughly 0.4 mg / day and .38 mg / day respectively) if I am reading you correct. What is your frequency (e.g. every x hrs, or every y days) and typical dose?

I cannot imagine needing tapering for <6 mg Xanax spread out over periods of weeks, generally tolerance and w/d develops with heavy and/or chronic (i.e. constant usage daily) use.

I know that with short-acting benzos like Xanax one may experience a rebound period when wearing off, however this is distinct from dependence and doesn't require tapering

QUOTE=C6541;13185684]That is a very small amount (roughly 0.4 mg / day and .38 mg / day respectively) if I am reading you correct. What is your frequency (e.g. every x hrs, or every y days) and typical dose?

I cannot imagine needing tapering for <6 mg Xanax spread out over periods of weeks, generally tolerance and w/d develops with heavy and/or chronic (i.e. constant usage daily) use.

I know that with short-acting benzos like Xanax one may experience a rebound period when wearing off, however this is distinct from dependence and doesn't require tapering[/QUOTE]

I was taking about .5 MG-1mg every few days and then stop for a week but all in all I went through about 5mg in a 3 week time spand and about 6mg in 2 week time spand

ive gone from 2 to 3 week binges and then able not to take any for a good while as of right now my last dose was .25mg a little over a month ago
control the drug dont let it control you and you should be fine

given the amount you have taken over the course of 2 weeks it isnt anywhere near enough to cause anything serious other than rebound anxiety but if you take it rec prob wouldnt feel anything other than a need to take more
and i can agree taking even an extra .25mg can def cause a black out YMMV
tolerance and dependency usually builds fast when taking large doses and doing it frequently like doses more than 1 a day

I think that is a smaller amount than even most bare minimum Rx dosage regimens; honestly I personally wouldn't worry too much over an occasional .5 or 1 mg. Chronic dosing leading to physical dependence is the major risk of benzos and IMO you are below the threshold for meeting the definition of long-term chronic use.

Just keep your doses at around the 1 mg mark and do not take it daily and I think you will be okay. Even so, I would recommend against long term (even sporadic) use of benzos if you can avoid it. Physical dependence to short-acting benzos sucks. Basically I personally try and take benzos very infrequently and never daily for more than a week or two max.

I think that is a smaller amount than even most bare minimum Rx dosage regimens; honestly I personally wouldn't worry too much over an occasional .5 or 1 mg. Chronic dosing leading to physical dependence is the major risk of benzos and IMO you are below the threshold for meeting the definition of long-term chronic use.

Just keep your doses at around the 1 mg mark and do not take it daily and I think you will be okay. Even so, I would recommend against long term (even sporadic) use of benzos if you can avoid it. Physical dependence to short-acting benzos sucks. Basically I personally try and take benzos very infrequently and never daily for more than a week or two max.

welcome to the club lol

welcome to the club lol

Yeah, I used to get mad tremors and projectile vomiting if I missed my medicinal benzo dose, so I ended up ceasing daily use. Now I just take when needed.

If I were to be on a benzo every day,I would want valium instead of xanax.I don't take them everyday so I am on xanax.The xanax works much faster than valium but the duration is not as long.Be careful with either one,benzos are a bitch to wd from!

If I were to be on a benzo every day,I would want valium instead of xanax.I don't take them everyday so I am on xanax.The xanax works much faster than valium but the duration is not as long.Be careful with either one,benzos are a bitch to wd from!

Very difficult indeed. I'd say nearly impossible as it changes you completely. Be careful.

Too much xanax is when it feels like 24 hours but its been a week, and you're taking the shit out of your pockets to try and figure where you've been and what you've been doing that whole time.

Take it from someone who know what could happen. My best friend of 22 years and myself had a good day and ended it with a few local pool hall. Apparently around 1AM we began allegedly mixing the two is the last thing Long story short, I woke up five days later with friends and family staring at me while I was strapped to down into a bed. We had been in a horrible car accident where the car flipped thirteen times and we were both ejected hundreds of feet. My best bud was Announced dead on arrival. I was to except my eyes began responding to light so I was rushed to the hospital and given a full blood transfusion because I had ripped the main artery going from my stomach to my heart and bled out. When I woke up from my coma after 5 days, I was told that I had 8 fractures in my face and 2 in my skull. I had 7 broken ribs as well as 2 fractured back ribs: one of the back ribs had also punctured/collapsed a lung. I had also broken vertebrae in my lower back. My left knee had hyper extended so bad in the opposite way that when I was found the EMT said that my FOOT was level with my waist. I had also ruptured my liver, stomach, pancreas, large intestine, and bladder. After my almost 2 month Stay was in the hospital, I was informed by state trooper that I was being charged with a "Felony DUI resulting in Death". Since me and my buddy were both thrown out so far and he passed away, they couldn't determine who was driving and charged me. I have since been on house arrest and SCRAM bracelet monitoring for the past seven months and am facing around 25 years in prison if found to have been driving. Moral, fuck Xanax. Read my story again whenever you want to be reminded of how it could end.

Exactly. You can reply to a post no matter how old it is especially when it is the number one thing that pops up on Google when A question such as this is asked. There was also another reply almost directly after mine, but thanks.

Last edited:
^ ignore that guy awesomesauceome, he's just mad because we won't let him play with us.
so what town did you move from? yeah you can have some of my juice box.. my dad's a truck driver

In the spirit of starting on topic for anyone else who stumbles across this thread, a fifth of vodka and just over 40mg Xanax is what sent me to rehab when a friend found me unresponsive in my basement.