• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids How Much Hydromorphone (Dilaudid) Do You Inject Everyday?.?.?

Closeau, thank you. I've never been to a pain clinic, but I've heard some horror stories. Do they actually give pain Rx? I thought they just have steroid blocks and nerve conduction tests. It just all seems so cruel. At the ER the moment I say pain, they get this attitude because I guess some ppl come in there without legit pain, so when you have chronic pain, you're already suspect and you can't get what you need.

I know what you mean, I had same problem. First couple of times they were nice and hooked me up then after that it was like you said. I have a major hospital I go to and they have pain clinic that falls under hospital so that's where I go and they do do PT and biofeedback but also meds. Their hard to get into and very strict but they've been nice to me even though my past isn't clean. I would at least look into it. Mine is different cause it's all in the a Duke system but you may need proof of your ailment which you could get from ER visit. I feel bad for ya. You need to be able to function. That's all I can think of. Sorry?

Molly, I am so sorry you find yourself in this situation. In your place, I would speak to your dr. but be firm. If his ideas about what you should take aren't relieving your pain, then he should refer you to someone with a better knowledge of neurology.

I always thought of "pain clinics" as kind of shady which may not be true at all. Go to or ask for a referral to a real pain management group-who are usually anesthesiologists with extra training. Injection therapy isn't cruel at all-it's a viable option for certain conditions. There may be a neurologist who specializes in management of your conditions.

At one point I did for two weeks (just before a sleeping detox) I was shooting 40 8 mgs a day.. Right now I'm around 20/25 8s but they gsve me the extended release 12 and 9s so I guess like 220mg a day hopefully two more weeks and I can detox again (they actually had me at these levels (Canada) after I was stabbed died gone for 28 mins and barely made it. Was asleep for a month. Sounds crazy but the Dr wAs prescribing 20 8s per day and another Dr dis this as well (not at same time) but in the states wont give me more than 180

Can't wait to get off but not looking forward to paws the detox is kind of a breeze I take massive amounts of ativan seroquel Tylenol,flexeril,immodium and lyrics just stay asleep except showered 12 times and had sheets and underwear changed 12 times as sweated it out. I am gonna try ibogaine to see if it helps reset receptors and GH to control if I can't sleep but 3 hrs a day again. Its a gift and curse but I had no choice. This second time shouldn't have gone back to syrin. Took over a year though. Its the holidays that kill me as my ex left and took kids..gonna sue the Dr never would have been past much oral of he didn't abadon me and brreak every rule for that malpractice

Try to do detox not worth it. Never mix with benzos and u wont doe but stop and hit the gym it feels better and is natural and is healthy makes u feel good and look better... U can't be successful on drugs well I suppose u could but ita much harder if possible.. Sucha adrag if u run out I never did thank god but don't know how anybody could handle ot and not kill themselves

Hey MollyCharlie. How are you? Hurting huh? I hope you found a solution to your dillema. Thinking about ya. Oh yeah, im sorry about your husband. Youre super mom with your pain and husband and the children. My heart goes out to you! Please let me know if i can help.

So i looked at the title to this thread and figured id chime in. Right now its 16mg x 3 day. I have horrible trouble with veins but thats where im at.

I have a picc line and have tons of flushes, so IVing them is very easy for me. I get 120 8mg D's a month and have the hardest time waiting for my next push. I've done up to 64mgs a day but have gotten things under control to now just doing 5 8mgs a day. That way the rush last 20-30 seconds otherwise when you do them every 1-2 hours you no longer get the good rush and almost turns out a waste of D's. The longer you wait between dosing the better the next high will be. sometimes I'll do 16mgs at once and wait 6-8 hours, that is one hell of a rush but waiting 6-8 is sooo hard to do that I just space them out every 3-4 hours during the day. I just wish there was away to IV the oxy OP's cause I get 90 of those a month and they are a total waste and hardly feel them at all and does $hit for actual pain... My PM doc told me soon the DEA/FDA will be forcing all pain medications to be just like the new oxy formula where you can't do shit to them. Don't know how soon, but it is something that I have heard not just from my PM doc but also my last stay at the hospital the PM and internal med docs where saying the same shit.. God help us, it is funny cause the hospital people don't want that done to the pills cause the use of H in the Miami area has gone up by something crazy like 300% just because of the new oxy formula.. Only time will tell

I'm really embarrassed about this, because i'm in recovery now, but my tolerance used to be kinda crazy. I used to take synthetic opioids, because I had an infinite supply. My tolerance was at 40 mg of Fentanyl a day for 3 years straight. Well it fluctuated a bit higher but 40 mg was the median. Anyways, the point of my post was that at one point, in my junkie rationale, I decided to switch from Fentanyl to hydromorphone. Thinking hydromorphone is safer and not as evil as fentanyl... Well, with a tolerance as high as mine, I was shooting up 50mg-60mg of dilaudid a shot, 5 to 6 times a day. Sad part was, I was only fixing... not one semblance of a rush anywhere in sight... Talk about reaching the max... drugs no longer working! made me depressed. I couldn't even find enough dilaudid around to satisfy my appetite, I resorted to crushing two Hydromorph contin 30's and banging that shit. hell, sometimes I'd cook that shit up in liquid sufentanil, to try and catch a nod.

Anyways, for Mr. Dilly above, I've managed to withdrawal from crazy tolerances a few times. Like 4 times to be exact. You can do it too bro. Msg me if you want or need any help with detox, I've gathered a lot of experience. One time I tried going to a Detox facility, and the doc thought I was lying cus I told him I was on 40mg of fentanyl a day. He said I'd be in a coma, but instead I looked completely fine. Their piss test weren't even designed for Fentanyl, so he couldn't even check for sure without GC-MS.

Holy crap dude, thats a lot of dilaudid. My dr almost put me on Fentsnyl and i refused. Skyrockes tolerances. Im glad your in recovery bro. I guess i still am even though im doing bad shit with Dilaudid. But once your in recovery your in and my brothers and sisters ive met over last 10 years will always be there for me. Thats a high opiatevtolerance you came off of so kudos to you for overcoming it man. Ill def put you on myblist if i ever gottten into wd situation. Few weeks ago i got off my pain meds so i could smoke weed. Yeah, that was smart. My pain onocked me on my ass and wd nearly had my jumping off house. Yuck. Anyway, good job bro!!

Thanks brother. I appreciate your support for sure! And honestly bro, msg me for wd support or advice anytime!