• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Stimulants How much for first shot?

Yeah tracks are a result of not rotating sites and/or improper injection technique, you can definitely be a regular IV user without having them.

The problem is when your shooting multiple times a day it's very easy to stop caring about injection technique and rotation and hence we often end up with tracks, collapsed veins, venous sclerosis etc..

Yeah, but your were a novice once too. Maybe never on this topic but you’re on a drug forum for a reason right?

There are much nicer ways of warning someone, and as we saw, most people were awful to her. She still did it.
More than once.
So all these people abusing her achieved nothing except making themselves look like hypocritical asshats.

I’d like to have thought she took the good advice left, had a nice safe low dose her first round after having read the harm reduction thread on IV use and is now a happy recreational drug user with no tracks

I was married to a man who’d been a needle user for 20 years before we dated.
He was sober when we met, and I never suspected a thing.
Not a single track mark on him.
It always amazes me when someone's main argument not to shoot drugs/be a junkie is:

"you'll have tracks and it'll ruin your life!!!"(or words to that effect)

Because:
1) IME straight people can't usually tell the difference between the multitude of possible skin blemishes, pimples, scars and actual track marks (whether we're talking the normal marks left from injection or the more noticeable track marks caused by repeated and/or improper injections). The one exception where straight people may question it is if you have very noticeable tracks in the inner elbow area from injecting into the median cubital vein because this is a common entry point for drawing blood and is often the first (or one of the first) choices for IV insertions/injections in hospital settings and in film and television so people tend to be more cognizant of marks in this area. That being said I have a pretty bad track/permanent scarring there in addition to a dip in the skin where the vein used to be before it collapsed and still I have never been questioned about it even though I don't hide it.

2) There are just so many better arguments against/negatives of intravenous drug use, like addiction, death, prison etc so it just seems absolutely absurd that someone would use a minor inconvenience like track marks (which in all but the worst cases of venous abuse will fade away with time just like other minor scarring) as their go-to argument to convince someone not to do drugs. It's just so trivial in comparison to the other problems associated with the illicit use of IV drugs.

Last edited:
E
It always amazes me when someone's main argument not to shoot drugs/be a junkie is:

"you'll have tracks and it'll ruin your life!!!"(or words to that effect)

Because:
1) IME straight people can't usually tell the difference between the multitude of possible skin blemishes, pimples, scars and actual track marks (whether we're talking the normal marks left from injection or the more noticeable track marks caused by repeated and/or improper injections). The one exception where straight people may question it is if you have very noticeable tracks in the inner elbow area from injecting into the median cubital vein because this is a common entry point for drawing blood and is often the first (or one of the first) choices for IV insertions/injections in hospital settings and in film and television so people tend to be more cognizant of marks in this area. That being said I have a pretty bad track/permanent scarring there in addition to a dip in the skin where the vein used to be before it collapsed and still I have never been questioned about it even though I don't hide it.

2) There are just so many better arguments against/negatives of intravenous drug use, like addiction, death, prison etc so it just seems absolutely absurd that someone would use a minor inconvenience like track marks (which in all but the worst cases of venous abuse will fade away with time just like other minor scarring) as their go-to argument to convince someone not to do drugs. It's just so trivial in comparison to the other problems associated with theach illicit use of IV drugs.

Exactly! And that’s what my hubby said too ‘square Bears can’t tell the difference lol’

I have one pretty nasty scar from when I was still learning and injected too shallow but that’s it for 5 years (granted I learned early on to rotate)

Even worse, the hierarchy of users.
Mate we all one and the same.
I’ve seen people smoke crack pipes til they looked dead, take GHB til they looked like heroin addicts.
I’ve hardly used a third of the drugs most people have, it just so happened I was introduced to the needle early on.

I’ll sound like I’m on my soap box now but it’s that EXACT superiority attitude that keeps unwell people from doing better for themselves.

How many ‘wealthy’ people do we here of day in and out getting arrested with drugs and being a public nuisance.

Just the word ‘junkie’ makes my blood boil.

Yeah, guys. I didn't shoot and I'm very unlikely to do so moving forward. I woke up with a hair up my ass the day I made this thread. I hadn't even done meth in months when I originally posted. So i had forgotten how much 30mg ORALLY fucks me up. I definitely have no business shooting it.

Will some day boof it, though.

Glad you decided not to do it in the end.

Honestly when I was doing oxy daily even though I did get addicted I outright refused to give any to any of my friends even if they asked me, and I certainly never tried to pressure anyone into anything, because being addicted I knew how bad it was and didn't want my friends, people I care about, going down that path.

Anyone who tries to pressure you into shooting up meth don't give a shit about you, it's just a "misery loves company" situation on their end.

But like I said, I am glad you decided not to do it. That's the smart decision. Your early comments in this thread were clearly from someone who knew the decision they were making was a bad one but was trying to talk themselves into it anyway. Which shows you are smart enough to know it's a bad idea. Just remember it.

It might be worth telling your friend that they only have x amount of dopamine. Shooting less frequently would give a better rush.

Doing an IV because an annoying, extremely stupid and irresponsible "friend" is pushy about it extremely ridiculous.

Hit the nail on the head with that part. I agree, and I’d personally say don’t do it unless you are the one who wants to do it, and even then, I’d say think about some more, and even more before you finally pull the trigger on it.

I was 15 whenever I first shot up heroin, and then speed shortly after, and boy oh boy have the last 10 years of my life and drug use been a ride lol. I enjoy tf out of shooting up, which has been both a blessing and mostly a curse. Not everyone is this way, but I refuse to do cocaine and heroin any other way than shooting it. Speed is different to me though, and even w/ me shooting it 90% of the time, I’m not opposed to smoking it as well if I am with my ex-gf/best friend, whatever tf you want to refer to her as, and we are doing some. That’s not my preferred method when alone though.

So to your question now.... I’d say bust a 1/10 of a g down into 40 units, and then hit 10 units at a time until you’ve reached your desired high. If it takes 2 shots to get right, you’ll know moving forward that 50mg is a good amount. I hope that makes sense.

Also, this is common sense, but as a harm reductionist and former/current IV user of a decade or so, I feel the need to say something. ***Test your product if you have the tools to do so. Not sure where you are, but meth and cocaine have been popping positive for fentanyl here in Dallas, and I have some buddies in Arizona who have had tons of similar reports. Test strips are like $1.50/strip on DanceSafe’s website. (Link to buy & instructions on how to test your speed for fent down below)*** DO NOT SHARE ANY EQUIPTMENT! That includes tourniquets, mixers, water, especially not syringes. Whenever I say “any equipment” I literally mean any. Only thing being shared should be the drugs. Use saline solution to mix up, if possible. Though, if not available, filtered bottled water will suffice. Just stay away from shitty ass, boo boo tap water. If you have enough of them, use your rig once for a shot, and be done with it. Sharps container is obviously preferred, but a bottle of any sort works as well. 100% of Emergency Rooms will dispose of the used ones properly, no questions asked.

Hope this helped, and hit me up if you have any other questions. I am more than happy & willing to help you in anyway possible.

****Also, for the testing that I mentioned above. Once you acquire the fent test strips, use the residue from the bag that once held the crystal, or the residue/wash from whatever you mixed up on. Mix the residue from either that I mentioned w/ 1/3-1/2c of H2O, dip the test strip in there and hold for 10-15sec, pull out of residue mixture, let sit for 3-5mins and results will come back. 1 line = positive — 2 lines = negative****

***Link - https://dancesafe.org/product/fentanyl-test-strips-pack-of-10-free-shipping/ ***

You shouldn't do it . Think about the long run. What if you miss the vein man.
You fucked .
Don't listen to anyone but you're self. I've only smoked meth 3 times and all 3 times I was pressured into doing it. I don't like smoking meth but I prefer to snort fat ass lines of meth . I always snort fat lines and I feel great just don't have any dopamine left anymore because I havnt taken a break but I enjoy the stimulating rush it gives me.
But funny thing is today I higher my meth dosage and made a fat Super big line that I never made that big before and when I snorted it it was like I felt a rush again even tho I didn't take any breaks. You should smoke if you have too but I'm 100% against shooting anything up .