• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids How much (eg, min. dose) of Loperamide is required in order for it to cross the BBB?

Ask Lope-R-Mind who was totally a real person who started this entire debacle. Ah, the good ol' days.

"YES, my pupils ARE pinned." lmao I will never forget that thread.

I think you guys are exaggerating...I've taken enough to get myself totally out of withdrawal before and never had heart issues. I'm not talking like 100 pills....unless it would really take a huge amount like that?

Doses of 100-200mg are pretty common. I’ve read of much higher doses but they ended in expiry of the patient.

Doses of 100-200mg are pretty common. I’ve read of much higher doses but they ended in expiry of the patient.

Oh, I'd NEVER do that. I only even got 24mg lol. I think I should have explained myself better: I'm trying to stay out of withdrawal, not get any kind of high.

Oh, I'd NEVER do that. I only even got 24mg lol. I think I should have explained myself better: I'm trying to stay out of withdrawal, not get any kind of high.
Ok, probably best to state that. I honestly don’t feel it would be good HR to give those doses out. Chance of cardiotoxicity at 100mg is high.

24mg is a lot, the max dose is 16mg a day.

May I ask what it is your withdrawing from and how much?

Ok, probably best to state that. I honestly don’t feel it would be good HR to give those doses out. Chance of cardiotoxicity at 100mg is high.

24mg is a lot, the max dose is 16mg a day.

May I ask what it is your withdrawing from and how much?

Yeah; mostly Dihydrocodeine. I take anywhere from 300-720mg most days. I often take codeine on top of that, though.

EDIT: I sort of think I'm actually doing Harm Reduction in USING Loperamide (hear me out). I get my prescription for DHC every 14 days. But that is for the maximum PRESCRIPTION dose, which is 240mg/day. So with myself taking an absolute minimum of 300mg/day (the lowest dose I can take without getting sick from withdrawal) and more like 480mg most days...I always run out early. My mother is prescribed Codeine 15's and gives me what she can to help and my grandfather is prescribed Codeine 30's and will occasionally give me a strip (of 30) of them, maybe once every month or two. My mother is currently all out of codeine and because of Corona I can't visit my grandfather.
Now, a couple of years ago this neighbour boy on my street got me confiding in him about my opioid issues while I was outside smoking while in pretty heavy withdrawal. He is prescribed 60mg MSContins for Trigeminal Neuralgia but doesn't need them every day so offered to give me a strip (of 10) if I'd...um, well suck his dick. This became a regular thing.
So that would be what I'd normally be doing right now and the morphine would keep me going but because of social distancing I have been trying not to. Hence the Loperamide.

Last edited:
Yeah; mostly Dihydrocodeine. I take anywhere from 300-720mg most days. I often take codeine on top of that, though.

EDIT: I sort of think I'm actually doing Harm Reduction in USING Loperamide (hear me out). I get my prescription for DHC every 14 days. But that is for the maximum PRESCRIPTION dose, which is 240mg/day. So with myself taking an absolute minimum of 300mg/day (the lowest dose I can take without getting sick from withdrawal) and more like 480mg most days...I always run out early. My mother is prescribed Codeine 15's and gives me what she can to help and my grandfather is prescribed Codeine 30's and will occasionally give me a strip (of 30) of them, maybe once every month or two. My mother is currently all out of codeine and because of Corona I can't visit my grandfather.
Now, a couple of years ago this neighbour boy on my street got me confiding in him about my opioid issues while I was outside smoking while in pretty heavy withdrawal. He is prescribed 60mg MSContins for Trigeminal Neuralgia but doesn't need them every day so offered to give me a strip (of 10) if I'd...um, well suck his dick. This became a regular thing.
So that would be what I'd normally be doing right now and the morphine would keep me going but because of social distancing I have been trying not to. Hence the Loperamide.
Ok, well 480mg a day of DHC is equivalent to 50mg morphine. You really shouldn’t need 24mg of loperamide tbh, way too much. How are you dosing them anyway when you are taking them?

Loperamide also is pretty long acting so it should hold you much better.

Even low doses make it across, just not very much. Be very careful and drink tons of water is my advice. If you're trying to get high, don't. Lope's potential lies in helping you get through withdrawals without experiencing the worst of it, and even that is enough to help you walk away with a lope addiction. DO NOT MIX WITH ALCOHOL. Seems to create a situation of life threatening dehydration. Also it takes hours to kick in(up to 4), don't keep dosing thinking it's not working.
Thank god for kratom, I wouldn't even think of messing with lope now that kratoms available.

Ok, well 480mg a day of DHC is equivalent to 50mg morphine. You really shouldn’t need 24mg of loperamide tbh, way too much. How are you dosing them anyway when you are taking them?

Loperamide also is pretty long acting so it should hold you much better.
480mg DHC is the equivalent of 96mg morphine.
I took them all together about 24 hours ago.

No, I'm not tryna get high. The water thing is good advice. I'm ALWAYS thirsty anyway, though, so drink vast amounts as it is.

Didn't you experience loperamide withdrawal in the past if i recall correctly?

I feel like loperamide begins to be noticeably centrally active at around 32mg or so.

480mg DHC is the equivalent of 96mg morphine.
I took them all together about 24 hours ago.
Where do you see that opioid conversion? To get the conversion to morphine from dihydrocodeine and codeine you divide by 10. So 240mg is equivalent to 24mg morphine. 480mg is 48mg morphine.

Where do you see that opioid conversion? To get the conversion to morphine from dihydrocodeine and codeine you divide by 10. So 240mg is equivalent to 24mg morphine. 480mg is 48mg morphine.

No, you're thinking of Codeine. Some doctors in the UK (wrongly) take DHC and Codeine as the same but DHC is actually twice as strong and is generally viewed as 1/5th the strength of morphine (although I have had people argue it is more like 1/4th).
Codeine and Tramadol are both 1/10th
DHC is 1/5th

EDIT: I have VAST experience of Codeine, Tramadol, DHC and Morphine, plus my G.P. confirmed the above. 120mg Codeine feels to me like about 50mg DHC (and I take both A LOT).

No, you're thinking of Codeine. Some doctors in the UK (wrongly) take DHC and Codeine as the same but DHC is actually twice as strong and is generally viewed as 1/5th the strength of morphine (although I have had people argue it is more like 1/4th).
Codeine and Tramadol are both 1/10th
DHC is 1/5th

EDIT: I have VAST experience of Codeine, Tramadol, DHC and Morphine, plus my G.P. confirmed the above. 120mg Codeine feels to me like about 50mg DHC (and I take both A LOT).
I’m just looking this up again because all the conversion charts I have state it’s the same as codeine and I honestly never really thought about it.

You are correct in that it’s stronger, I’m reading it’s 1/6th of analgesic effect as morphine.

If you’re holding yourself over until your next script then I wouldn’t use more than 20mg loperamide a day. You really shouldn’t need more than that.

I’m just looking this up again because all the conversion charts I have state it’s the same as codeine and I honestly never really thought about it.

You are correct in that it’s stronger, I’m reading it’s 1/6th of analgesic effect as morphine.

If you’re holding yourself over until your next script then I wouldn’t use more than 20mg loperamide a day. You really shouldn’t need more than that.

Yeah. I have no idea why that misinformation about the strength of DHC is so prevalent online.

Thanks, 20mg sounds about right. I had 24mg yesterday morning and then 12mg this evening. Hoping that'll tide me over until I get my script tomorrow afternoon.