• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids How much does kratom help opiate withdrawal?

I can take lope.. gabapentin is harder to get a script for these days and the withdrawals (some) people go through does not sound appealing.

Anyway, I ordered some red kind. I'm sick of oxycodone. I'm sick of thinking I'm clean and then returning into month long benders... then feeling both guilty, sick, cold, and alone. I don't know if opiates take pleasure in destroying their user's lives. I could be crazy but opiates feel like a living being that's out to get you. No other drug has a vindictive personality behind it compulsively forcing it's user to redose. I'm introverted and have a terrible love life and opiates filled that void better than I ever could have expected. It's been hard.

PS. I'm not sure if I mentioned in this thread that I previously quit oxycodone through perpetual kratom use daily. I actually had gone into kratom withdrawals if I was only on opioids. But I've never gone through opioid withdrawal like I am after the kratom use. Regardless, quitting oxy is just a more pressing matter. I'm a functional addict but I can feel my life slipping away from me even though I've kept a lid on it. It was taking my emotions away and the high was covering up my demons and not allowing me to fix them. It was shocking me that after 60 milligrams of quality oxycodone I was going into withdrawals 4 hours later in the same day. Then I decided I had enough.

Last edited:
I read through the majority of posts and will chime in. 🧐
Kratom got me off the couch (one would know that state of being) and had me fixin the lawn mower: The grass got cut.
The krat was from a local head shop and it was 500mg capsule. I was skeptical as hell of course but hopeful. Think I took two or three and withing an hour I felt completely different. Didn't think much of the kratom factor at the time but midway through mowing the lawn it freakin hit me: That shit actually worked. I got this weird feeling of being me again.
I did obtain the kratom in mid-latter WDs (think on the 2 full day) so that may have been a factor: I do not know.
It blew my mind. I enjoy kratom immensely and need to order some more as been without for a month or so again. Just nothing like it in my opinion.
It did and does help ease WDs from many substances for me.
Some may find it does nothing at all....

How bad is opioid withdrawal with the aid of kratom? Currently withdrawing from 80-120 mgs of IR oxycodone daily (my use has been so infrequent towards the end of my relapse marathon). I've been having to dose ALOT of kratom. I definitely feel something nasty but it's mostly mental so far, and woke up sweating today... I'm just afraid of how bad it's going to be during the peak. I'm literally only at the beginning. I hate high dose kratom though as the dizziness and nausea is persisting.

PS: I have only withdrawn once in the past two years ago (and did not use any kratom at all)... it was horrible beyond words so I'm definitely scared. I didn't realize how much opioids were clouding my judgement/mind and ability to experience emotions until I cut the habit back! Crazy what you have to give up for that buzz and how it seems worth it every time you dose. I was definitely addicted.
Red vein kratom really helps for me. I take 6 capsules every 4 hrs. I had no leg pain, day sweating, or chills. Plus got me out of bed somewhat. It helps a lot. Lucky to have found out about it. Good luck to you.

I can take lope.. gabapentin is harder to get a script for these days and the withdrawals (some) people go through does not sound appealing.

Anyway, I ordered some red kind. I'm sick of oxycodone. I'm sick of thinking I'm clean and then returning into month long benders... then feeling both guilty, sick, cold, and alone. I don't know if opiates take pleasure in destroying their user's lives. I could be crazy but opiates feel like a living being that's out to get you. No other drug has a vindictive personality behind it compulsively forcing it's user to redose. I'm introverted and have a terrible love life and opiates filled that void better than I ever could have expected. It's been hard.

PS. I'm not sure if I mentioned in this thread that I previously quit oxycodone through perpetual kratom use daily. I actually had gone into kratom withdrawals if I was only on opioids. But I've never gone through opioid withdrawal like I am after the kratom use. Regardless, quitting oxy is just a more pressing matter. I'm a functional addict but I can feel my life slipping away from me even though I've kept a lid on it. It was taking my emotions away and the high was covering up my demons and not allowing me to fix them. It was shocking me that after 60 milligrams of quality oxycodone I was going into withdrawals 4 hours later in the same day. Then I decided I had enough.

Hi there, I found ur post t b informative & honest! Im curious about something u mentioned being that im gona start taking Kratom and really dont know much about it. U said that uve only gone into Kratom WD'S if ur on opiates.. So how long would u wait after ur last dose of opiates/opioids t start taking the kratom? Do u wait t get sick? Or can it b used a few hrs after last dose without being in WD yet? N excuse my ignorance but Kratom is a whole new game 4 me..its red Maeng ga btw not sure if it matters. Thnx id appreciate any thoughts/comments.

Last edited:
I'm a real advocate of Kratom for opiate withdrawals. Yes it has its pros and cons,but compared to true opiates it's Godsend.

I think many hardcore addicts believe Kratom to be crap,that its just herbal and not up to the job. Probably many don't want to give it a go just in case it works,then they won't have an excuse to still use.

I'm glad you're finding it much easier now using this wonderful natural medicine. Spread the word and let's put a stop to unessacery suffering.

Peace out and shine on
👍

Kratom got me off the couch (one would know that state of being) and had me fixin the lawn mower: The grass got cut.
The krat was from a local head shop and it was 500mg capsule. I was skeptical as hell of course but hopeful. Think I took two or three and withing an hour I felt completely different. Didn't think much of the kratom factor at the time but midway through mowing the lawn it freakin hit me: That shit actually worked. I got this weird feeling of being me again.
I did obtain the kratom in mid-latter WDs (think on the 2 full day) so that may have been a factor: I do not know.
It blew my mind. I enjoy kratom immensely and need to order some more as been without for a month or so again. Just nothing like it in my opinion.
It DEF sounds like IT WORKED!! Have u previously done the Kratom before going into WD like a few hrs after ur last dose? Kind of like a preventive measure sort of speak? Thanks!

Im on day 6 of Suboxone withdrawl after a 10 year long dependency and by using Kratom along with some Benzos Ive been able to sleep, eat and pretty much fully function. Previously when Ive tried to detox before (and Ive tried to kick many many times (Methadone, Hydromorph, Fentynal, Oxy) Ive never been able to sleep, eat, or even get out of bed. Kratom has helped immensely.

I have a W/D timeline going on in BDD if you want to check it out. Ill be posting everyday as I go through this.

Im on day 6 of Suboxone withdrawl after a 10 year long dependency and by using Kratom along with some Benzos Ive been able to sleep, eat and pretty much fully function. Previously when Ive tried to detox before (and Ive tried to kick many many times (Methadone, Hydromorph, Fentynal, Oxy) Ive never been able to sleep, eat, or even get out of bed. Kratom has helped immensely.

I have a W/D timeline going on in BDD if you want to check it out. Ill be posting everyday as I go through this.
Wow ur a soldier man, seriously hats off t u. And ya id def will b checking out ur posting.

Do you know how long it can b used for before becoming physically dependent? Coming off H & using to alleviate WD'S & dont wana wd from this too

@Zep1 Anything that is an opiate agonists is just a continuation of your dependency from the heroin but the good thing about kratom is that it is a really weak partial agonists that is boosted by calcium channel blocking, which can allow you to taper easily and soften the landing. You will still feel a slight discomfort after stepping down your dose but nothing like serious withdrawal.

@Zep1 Anything that is an opiate agonists is just a continuation of your dependency from the heroin but the good thing about kratom is that it is a really weak partial agonists that is boosted by calcium channel blocking, which can allow you to taper easily and soften the landing. You will still feel a slight discomfort after stepping down your dose but nothing like serious withdrawal.
Glad t hear that & ya i figured "Anything that is an opiate agonists is just a continuation of your dependency from the heroin " but like u said just trying t help the landing closest t normality.

How long can Kratom b used for before forming a physical dependence?
This is a non-issue, IMO/E.
After a year+ of dosing. running out and cessation was like damn wish i had some but fuck it... wasnt fiending and as posted a little thrown off but I could and did perform a demanding workday(s) whereas H wouldnt allow this.
Didn't take much... maybe 1 1/2g a few times a day and all was good.
The more one ingests the more one can expect exacerbated WDs that I have not experienced personally.
If kratom is used to get off stronger shit use it as such and not something to replace as kratom is like no other "opiod" and has it's own mercy and love.
Peace

the good thing about kratom is that it is a really weak partial agonists that is boosted by calcium channel blocking,
This may be why kratom has become my "drug" of choice and drinking more coffee now, too (another "drug") which helps but will be ordering another bird or two monday.

Last edited:
Krarom TREMENDOUSLY reduces both the mental AND physical symptons of opiate WD.
Ive used Kratom many many times both for pain and withdrawal....
For both Hydrocodone...and Oxycodone withdrawal i take approx 4 grams of red Kratom powder 3 to 4 times a day. And for pain my dose is the same......with pethaps an additional dose.

Kratom is an opioid, mitragynine and especially 7-HO-mitragynine are delta and mu opioid agonists, though weaker than traditional opiates. So you're literally taking another opioid to help with withdrawal. As such, it's very easy to justt switch your addiction to kratom. While kratom withdrawals are less severe than other opiates, they are still no walk in the park. If you have never been dependent on kratom before, you can get away with 5-7 days taking it a few times a day and probably avoid developing a dependence on kratom. But be careful. People selling kratom and the recovery industry try to paint it as a harmless non-addictive herb but it is not, it is certainly addictive. I got into opiates with kratom, I used it 4-5 times a day for a number of years and eventually it got to where every 5 hours after dosing I would start withdrawing. It was misery.

Granted, if you're coming off strong opiates, kratom addiction is preferable and easier to get through. But make no mistake, it is not some magic bullet, it is an opioid.

Hello everyone! Haven't been posting much this week, but I think I'm on approximately day 7 or something? Lost count tbh. I feel almost 100% normal. My brain has gotten quite dependent and quickly back onto the kratom. I'm honestly happier this way... kratom is indeed an addiction but it doesn't have the steal-your-soul alkloids like real opies do.

I'm surprised that I did not kick way worse... but I'm going to just accept my luck with open arms lol. I think day 3 into 4 was the worst. I was sleeping for 18 hours that day and just sweating while waking up from naps repeatedly. After that day I had to see if I noticed any withdrawal and that's saying something. Ty based kratom.

FYI they trick for getting off of kratom is black seed oil (which is readily available as a nutritional supplement). It is a calcium channel agonist only (not an opioid) and modulates the opioid system indirectly.

The correct path should be opioid --> kratom --> black seed oil (night and day) + caffeine (day)--> nothing

Black seed oil helps sleep significantly in kratom withdrawal, which is helpful since insomnia is the worst part about kratom withdrawal.

ive never heard of black seed oil? ive been into this game for quite some time. from what plant does this seed come, negrogesic?

When I detoxed once from a similar tolerance kratom did nothing for me. I hear it do help some