• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Cocaine How Much Coke to Shoot?

Michael_25

Bluelighter
I don't have a tolerance to cocaine. So I'm wondering how much is safe to shoot. I know, it depends on the purity. But what is the general rule of thumb when it comes to this?

Nothing at all since Coke IV leads to a hardcore destructive addiction. You are much better just snorting it.
I know this is not what you want to hear but from a harm reduction standpoint it is the best advice one can give you.
Please do not go down that road.

Well, it certainly isn't the smartest thing to do, but this is HR board so all we can do is try and help you do it safely. It is very easy to seize up and fish out shooting coke, even the shitty stuff. The rush is pretty intense. It should go without saying that this is a bad idea and can lead down on long nasty road for a lot of people. Start really small. Don't go shooting whole lines. It only takes a very small amount when you shoot it. Maybe a quarter of a very small line. Its really hard to say with any certainty but very little is all I can really say.

If you trust your source, go for it. Start with 50mg and titrate up. I only do coke a few times a year and never build a tolerance, however I always shoot it at around 1/4gram per shot. Its pretty intense, but Ive never felt adverse effects.

Shooting coke is without a doubt the single most dangerous drug to inject alone (as in no combo), I've od'd on coke IV alone and with dope. IT FUCKING SUCKS. You may as well rock it up and smoke it. That way you can kinda control the amount you ingest and you get essentially the same effect without having to ruin your arms in the process. Possibly losing one, or at least being in severe pain once the numbing of the coke wears off, the next couple of days after an IV coke bender is painful, dopamine depleted hell.

I guarantee you get an 8 ball you'll need a case of rigs b/c you're going to shoot that shit till it's gone. After, you'll feel like absolute shit, like you never thought a coke comedown could be b/c you'll do nothing but shoot that blow until either you're dead or it's gone.

Just don't. But if you must, get at least 25 rigs per gram, b/c you're gonna need that many b/w misses and the sheer number of injections you're going to be compelled to do. Sterile water, lots of cookers, alcohol swabs, and a medical facility for treating the abscesses you'll get from the misses you'll inevitably have b/c you're too gacked out not to plunge on the assumption that a trickle of blood is a good register. It destroys your will power and judgement after the first shot.

If it were me to do over again, I'd have never shot the shit. It lead to huge physical and psychological problems I'm still sorting out a decade later.

It's a fast road to hell. Notice the number of times I used the word hell? If you think crack heads look bad, there's a reason you don't see IV coke heads, they don't see much sunlight. It's hole up, shoot up until it's gone, get more money,repeat until your body just can't take it anymore.

At least that's the experience everyone I used to shoot with, who are still alive, have to say about it.

Is the first shot "fun"? if you're a bell ringer, edge of OD every shot kinda person who had no regard for your health, then hell yeah, it's fun. For five minutes.

Just snort it, you'll be so much better off, and if the coke is any good snorting is superior, longer high, easier on the body and no needles to completely fuck yourself with...

Plus, it ruins the other ROAs for you fast and jacks tolerance to insane levels after a couple runs.

Last edited:
If you don't have an opiate to shoot with it I wouldn't even bother. IV coke by itself is the most fiendish thing you can imagine. You WILL inject everything you have until it is all gone. That is why speedballs are so popular. NOT that I am recommending this. I just remember when I tried it for the first time the rush was so amazing as soon as you start to comedown (like 1 minute later) you immediately look for more. But with H or some opiate on board after the initial INSANE rush there is a euphoria airbag waiting to catch you on the way down, I never felt like shooting more coke that way. But IV coke by itself... Good luck, and your arms are going to be more bruised than you could ever possibly imagine because of the shaky hands, bad IV prep/technique, and need to do over and over again.

If you have to try I would start with a bump no bigger than your pinky nail to gauge your tolerance. But I want to go on record saying that I think this is a bad idea.

There really is no rule of thumb. I've taken my boy to get coke and he shot it and was fine then 5 minutes later score the same coke(probably from the same kilo just mixed a little less cut) takes relatively the same sized shot and start seizing up next to me. Anytime a person ods it's scary but I think coke is the worst to witness with the violent shaking and eyes going back in their head,pissing and shitting themselves(damn those were the days).Anyway do as Mad Dash said,if you must boot it, start with very little and work your way up!

Nothing at all since Coke IV leads to a hardcore destructive addiction. You are much better just snorting it. I know this is not what you want to hear but from a harm reduction standpoint it is the best advice one can give you. Please do not go down that road.
I generally do not agree with telling someone not to do something. However in this case this is the correct advice. IV cocaine is like playing Russian Roulette with your life. If you must do it do not listen to some of the bullshit on here about people shooting half a gram and being alright. The coke would have to be cut to need that first time for sure. I know people who have OD on 150mg or less of purer stuff. This is the thing because coke is so often cut it is very hard to give any kind of guide, and much like sniffing some people can sniff >50mg of pure stuff, some get 3 lines out of 50mg, same batch. There is no saying. However if your going to pin it first time what is the quality like? If it's not pure looking fishscale at very least really you should be washing it I feel look up levisamole poisoning http://www.nejm.org/doi/full/10.1056/NEJMicm1008722 that's what can happen from an IV shot of contaminated coke. And levamisole is tested in 90% of samples worldwide. That's usually before the street dealer has bashed it too. Think twice dude I'd honestly advise just sniffing it, if not smoke it. I have tried IV but it scares the shit out of me.

I want to go on the record as saying: IME it is a horrible idea because it leads to some dark troubling times, and it is dangerous as all hell because purity varies so much.

Make sure to have something to comedown with because you will end up feeling like the lowest piece of trash in the barrel.

I guess now it makes sense that you need 100 mg of valium to do anything. Not out of natural tolerance or anxiety but from stim comedowns.