• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Cocaine How much cocaine to IV: min and max

Swam

Bluelighter
Hey everybody, just got my first g of cocaine a while ago. Trying to have some fun. Did a line a few minutes ago and no where near where I want to be for the amount I did. I was wondering how to get more bang for my buck so I have been thinking about shooting it up (pun about 'bang for buck, shoot it up' was indeed intended). How much cocaine is the minimum to shoot up to get good and going? And what would the maximum be?

Thanks in advance! So far I have had a very good experience on bluelight thanks to the great community!

EDIT: Thanks everybody so far, great help! Thought I'd share the "advertized purity" which was greater than 60%, which is what the guy said on SlkRd, and he had a very good reputation with many, many deals. However I know accuracy can never be really known without extensive tests, it could be 0% or 99%, nobody knows, but I thought the more info I put out the better.
And again, thank you to everyone who has already posted!

Last edited:
Thats really hard to say without knowing the purity of the coke and your reaction and tolerance to coke.. and if you have never done this I would start small, real small as you can always go up.

actually because this very thing almost killed me and almost ruined my life.. and i to said just one time to see what its like, haha yeah right.. I wouldnt do it at all

This question has been asked many, many times on Bluelight and always ends up with the same types of answers. I'm not criticizing you personally for asking the question, but let me be the first to say:

Don't start IVing cocaine!

It's a completely different experience than snorting it...
It's dangerous, scary...It makes your heart beat out of your chest and causes you to feel like you're dying...
It makes you incredibly paranoid and sketchy, it's not at all a "social" thing or something you can use as a pick me up...
And worst of all:
It's incredibly addictive and the obsession and compulsion to use more is absolutely overwhelming!

Shooting your coke as opposed to snorting it isn't a good plan. It's a completely different animal, through and through. And even though I'd recommend that people avoid using needles with any drug, I'd especially warn people against IVing cocaine. With something like heroin or meth, it's definitely bad to switch from snorting to shooting, but aside from the rush, it doesn't change the overall experience that much. With cocaine, it changes it into almost a different drug!

If you're going to do it, it requires much less. I'd start off with 1/5th to 1/6 of a normal sized line. we have no way of knowing the purity of your coke, but you're saying that it's weak...so. If it was high quality coke, even 20-30 mgs could give you a massive "bell-ringer"....

Although still not advisable, smoking it in freebase form is safer and more comparable to snorting it than IV...It also will most likely "cook out" a good amount of the cut depending on what's in it. Or just do bigger lines...there is a lot of garbage cocaine out there these days, and for anything decent you'll definitely pay! I would not shoot cocaine, especially if you have no experience with the needle. That just adds a whole new dimension or riskiness to the whole thing.

Depends entirely on the purity of the cocaine. Your stuff sounds low purity, but have you tried cocaine before? The effects are subtle the first until you get the hang of it.

To be entirely safe, I would start with 20mg (about 1/50th of the bag) in 0.5mL of water, and work your way up. Space injections out at least thirty minutes. The amount of insoluble residue might be a hint to how much cut there is. If you are in the US, street purities can be extremely low, 20-40%. If you find that your cocaine is high purity (low/no residue), do no more than 80mg (considering your low tolerance, unless you have stimulant cross-tolerance, in which case you can do up to 150mg probably with comfort). Work your way up the dosages, too. It's rough on the heart, so up your dose in small increments.

Using some sort of dispensing spoon or straw helps--I measure my IV cocaine with a short segment of a transparent (important!) drinking straw, each "measure" being a tiny mountain about 1/8"/3mm in diameter, reaching up halfway up the straw (not filled to the top). A "moderate" dose for me (daily cocaine IV/insufflated user for half a decade) is 3 such measures. Weak would be 2 measures, and strong would be 4. More than 5 can be dangerous, particularly with good cocaine and with small (>0.3mL) amounts of water. Venezuelan cocaine is extremely pure, so that has to be factored in as well. Try one measure in 0.3mL of water. If it feels good but not quite rushing, try 2 measures.

Just don't redose every ten minutes (you might want to). Your heart will thank you if you wait.

Figure on cutting down your doses in half. At least for your first couple of shots. The purity of the coke you have is based primarily on where you live, and also on what you can make of the situation. There is also a pretty good shot on at least some rushing with a dose of cocaine via IV, so if you aren't feeling the size you would do as a line in a shot, you are getting shitty coke. Or you are making your lines way too small. Maybe I'd get 10 lines out of a g of coke to give you a starting point.

As a very vague guideline, I would say that 10mg min-60mg max for no tolerance, and 20mg min-100mg max for high tolerance, for good cocaine (and by extension, safe for cut cocaine).

IV cocaine is one hell of a fucking drug. it is one of the most insane things i have ever done. if you are going to do it, start small like maybe 0.1-0.2g. ughh i get coke jitters just evn thinking about pushing down the plunger into chaos. i know you probably wont listen to us when we say that IVing drugs is not something that should be taken lightly, especially cocaine. coke is most intense drug i have ever injected, i wouldnt really recommend it to someone new, but i know you will do it anyways.

you want to do this with one other friend preferably as you could curl over and die the instant you finish the shot. i've seen it happen before, it was not fucking fun. definitely dont do this in a large social setting because you will be twacked the fuck out for atleast 30 mins and look like a fucking crazy person. make sure to use clean needles to please, and never heat your shots! cocaine is a bitch because you are obviously going to redose and coke is a vasoconstrictor which shrinks your blood vessels and thus shrinks your veins making it harder to register the 2nd or 3rd or 20th shot around.

just remember what you are getting yourself in to

For pure cocaine, no more than about 15mg IV for a naive user*, and no more than 30-50mg for a semi-regular user. Most studies in humans with addicts use IV doses of around 30mg, which reportedly are intense enough.

Of course, most coke is stepped on to shit, so just be aware of that.

* ref: Martindale's.

This question has been asked many, many times on Bluelight and always ends up with the same types of answers. I'm not criticizing you personally for asking the question, but let me be the first to say:

Don't start IVing cocaine!

It's a completely different experience than snorting it...
It's dangerous, scary...It makes your heart beat out of your chest and causes you to feel like you're dying...
It makes you incredibly paranoid and sketchy, it's not at all a "social" thing or something you can use as a pick me up...
And worst of all:
It's incredibly addictive and the obsession and compulsion to use more is absolutely overwhelming!

Shooting your coke as opposed to snorting it isn't a good plan. It's a completely different animal, through and through. And even though I'd recommend that people avoid using needles with any drug, I'd especially warn people against IVing cocaine. With something like heroin or meth, it's definitely bad to switch from snorting to shooting, but aside from the rush, it doesn't change the overall experience that much. With cocaine, it changes it into almost a different drug!

If you're going to do it, it requires much less. I'd start off with 1/5th to 1/6 of a normal sized line. we have no way of knowing the purity of your coke, but you're saying that it's weak...so. If it was high quality coke, even 20-30 mgs could give you a massive "bell-ringer"....

Although still not advisable, smoking it in freebase form is safer and more comparable to snorting it than IV...It also will most likely "cook out" a good amount of the cut depending on what's in it. Or just do bigger lines...there is a lot of garbage cocaine out there these days, and for anything decent you'll definitely pay! I would not shoot cocaine, especially if you have no experience with the needle. That just adds a whole new dimension or riskiness to the whole thing.

I've got to second everything here. IV cocaine might as well be a completely different drug from snorted cocaine. And once you've done one you'll want to do the rest as fast as you can but will be so shaky your arms will end up a bloody mess.

The rush off IV cocaine is too much for me. You will very likely become psychotic. I've never known anyone to shoot cocaine without going bat-shit nuts.

IV meth is my favorite thing in the world - but I've been sober for over two months. Whoo hoo! IV cocaine is amazing for five minutes... then the compulsive redosing, psychosis, and agonizing, suicidal depression when coming down makes me wish I'd never touched the stuff.

I couldn't imagine IV'ing coke with all the shit cuts in it. Sounds like a bad time, i already notice my heart rate when i snort it. If i shot it i bet my heart would shake my chest, screw that stick to snorting it. Or better yet, go find meth as it is much more pure and a little of that gives you much more euphoria than shitty coke.

With the Levimasole shit they cut cocaine in the US with, it might actually be HR to just do meth orally if you're looking for a stimulant high, or better yet...40mgs of some Adderall or Dexedrine will give me 10 times a better night than $200 worth of half the coke that's out there now...the only advantage coke has IMO is that it's so short acting...the downfall of coke: It's so short acting!

I'm kind of jealous of this Venezuela guy, it's probably so much cheaper and better! :( Half the shit they sell in the US as cocaine these days, I don't see how you can even get new customers! If I never did coke and I bought my first gram of it, all excited to get high and it was as bad as some of the shit I've seen in the last few years, I'd ask for my money back and never do it again!

Half the shit they sell in the US as cocaine these days, I don't see how you can even get new customers! If I never did coke and I bought my first gram of it, all excited to get high and it was as bad as some of the shit I've seen in the last few years, I'd ask for my money back and never do it again!

shit they cut cocaine in the US with, it might actually be HR to just do meth orally if you're looking for a stimulant high, or better yet...40mgs of some Adderall or Dexedrine will give me 10 times a better night than $200 worth of half the coke that's out there now...

coke is fucking disgusting. Crack might be that rush you are looking fore due to the r.o.a...
You know, glass stem and some choreboy. Recook that ( depending ) if some street chemistry is all your're looking to do. You feign just as bad as IV, but I think crack does less damage on your body.
what the fuck makes you want to IV coke? The rush. Good coke is hard to come by. You are fucking mental if you still do after all these heads posted their recommendation's on your very simple dosage question

There is no "min" and "max". It all depends on your tolerance. Someones dose who has been using for a long time is going to be lightyears more than somebody who never does it. Just like any drug, especially IV, tolerance goes up fast and therefore so does your dose.

Just wanted to give my two cents from a cocaine naive..
Two different batches.. above 30mg makes me puke
20mg seems to be the sweet spot.

Then again, might as well just snort fat lines in a social setting. IV is not a recommended ROA for a drug with such cardiotoxcicity, even days after use I feel my heart rate affected. This is unusual given the 1 hour half life.

I would say .1g would be a huge shot to someone who never even snorted it. Shit I don't shoot coke often but I do randomly every couple of weeks r months and my first shot after a break would be less than :1g just to see what I'm working with purity. Real clean coke will chill me out tho but most ppl are on extreme edge and wanna be alone.
Also if u hit with water n there's a bunch of shit left. Don't shoot it man. Who knows what u banging

re: IV coke

it might actually be HR to just do meth orally if you're looking for a stimulant high, or better yet...40mgs of some Adderall or Dexedrine will give me 10 times a better night than $200 worth of half the coke that's out there now...the only advantage coke has IMO is that it's so short acting...the downfall of coke: It's so short acting!

Mmm, I would definitely hesitate to say that meth is safer than pretty much any other substance. Never tried it myself, but it all seems like way too much. In that regard, I like the short(ish) duration of the fishscale. I think the trick is that I promise myself to only do 1 or 2 shots in 5 hours before bed. Then, when I do the 3rd or 4th (which will automatically happen), I feel bad and wasteful. I then prepare a small vial with maybe 200mg for the next two days at work, and hide about half a G for my boyfriend and me. Out of a gram of very pure (zero residue) blow, I'll still have about $60 worth left over. Then I take at least 3 days off. At this point I realize that snorting it, and snorting it infrequently, is the best way to go.

Half the shit they sell in the US as cocaine these days, I don't see how you can even get new customers!
I understand what you're saying here. It used to be a 50/50 shot at getting straight flake or getting 90% baby laxative. However, I live in the same city of around one million people, and I have a couple solid plugs on raw. And I don't seek it out. I do it a few times per year (given that I'll do it for about a week each time). Anyway, where I live, it seems that coke has definitely made a comeback over the past 10 years.

If I never did coke and I bought my first gram of it,
Ohhh, that magical feeling of having a full gram in your pocket..
all excited to get high and it was as bad as some of the shit I've seen in the last few years, I'd ask for my money back and never do it again!

Hehe! Good luck getting one red cent back from the majority of people who sell coke. But I'm sure that goes without saying.

Last edited:
Hey everybody, just got my first g of cocaine a while ago. Trying to have some fun. Did a line a few minutes ago and no where near where I want to be for the amount I did. I was wondering how to get more bang for my buck so I have been thinking about shooting it up (pun about 'bang for buck, shoot it up' was indeed intended). How much cocaine is the minimum to shoot up to get good and going? And what would the maximum be?

Thanks in advance! So far I have had a very good experience on bluelight thanks to the great community!

EDIT: Thanks everybody so far, great help! Thought I'd share the "advertized purity" which was greater than 60%, which is what the guy said on SlkRd, and he had a very good reputation with many, many deals. However I know accuracy can never be really known without extensive tests, it could be 0% or 99%, nobody knows, but I thought the more info I put out the better.
And again, thank you to everyone who has already posted!
So I know this is an old thread but maybe I can help somebody that's viewing this for the first time. I'm not going to tell you not to do it this place is for getting help and being safe not preaching to people.
Anywa swim been injecting cocaine for quite some time and been around a lot of people that do. One of the biggest factors is body weight, I weigh around 135 and a person SWIM is around 200. A a nice feeling dose that's not too strong is around .1 to 0.15 for lighter person and bigger guy likes to do .2 to .25. if the smaller guy did that much he would not be able to move directly after and would have his ears ringing and hearing a train horn sound. Also consider tolerance, if you're a heavy user and have used consistently and recently you would maybe be able to handle 0.5 more however I would start with .1 for anybody, never seen anyone have a bad reaction to .1. people I know are in Texas close to the border so I would assume the general quality may be higher than northern states. Obviously the purity is a factor however in swim experience of getting Street cocaine from dozens of sources had never had negative side effect from injecting. My only suggestion would be dissolve the dosage and around 40 to 50 units of water, add a filter such as a pea size piece of cotton ball or q-tip and anything that didn't dissolve should get caught in the filter. I should also mention to never use heat, coke dissolves at room temperature so anything that doesn't should be left behind. Another recommendation is to use a bigger vein if possible, if you inject slowly you will start to shake before you finish the shot. Now I'll talk about bad experiences swim has witnessed, people have injected into arteries accidentally and have collapsed and had seizures. Missing the vein will cause swelling of the injection site but tend to subside in roughly 24 hours.