• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

How much Ativan can I take?

Bluntpopper

Greenlighter
I take Ativan for anxiety and I have to take ten mg at once to help, is it safe to take more? And how much will cause od?

When not combined with other drugs, benzodiazepines are extremely hard to OD on. We're talking about possibly hundreds upon hundreds of pills.

Benzodiazepine addiction, however, tends to be an extremely destructive addiction capable of simply *ruining* your life.
Also, benzodiazepine withdrawal is not only unpleasant enough that you'll *want* to die, but you may very well get your wish as you die from an excruciatingly painful seizure.

If you're having to take 10mg of Lorazepam to get enough relief during acute anxious episodes, then you need to talk to your prescribing doctor about switching your treatment up a bit. Ten milligrams is not dangerous, but is so far outside of the therapeutic range that it's ridiculous to to so much if your goal is to treat a medical condition. Even if your goals were recreational, this level would be too high in my opinion, but my opinion of benzodiazepines differs from those of most.

What situations do you take this in? How is it taken? Swallowed or sublingually? Maybe we can troubleshoot this a bit so in the mean time between talking to your physician we can lessen the amounts taken.

If you're having to take 10mg of Lorazepam to get enough relief during acute anxious episodes, then you need to talk to your prescribing doctor about switching your treatment up a bit. Ten milligrams is not dangerous, but is so far outside of the therapeutic range that it's ridiculous to to so much if your goal is to treat a medical condition. Even if your goals were recreational, this level would be too high in my opinion, but my opinion of benzodiazepines differs from those of most.

What situations do you take this in? How is it taken? Swallowed or sublingually? Maybe we can troubleshoot this a bit so in the mean time between talking to your physician we can lessen the amounts taken.

I doubt his tolerance is jacked up -- I can't feel 10mg of lorazepam... 20mg makes me feel depersonalized but still no anxiety relief or "benzo high". I can 'feel' .5mg clonazepam/alprazolam no problem...

lorazepam is a useless drug imo....at least for some people.

I agree with Venrak. 10mg of Lorazepam is just way too much. Talk to your doctor.

And Xanax XR: I guess you have a very high tolerance to Benzos? Because from my experience Lorazepam is a very efficient anxiety med, similar to Alprazolam.
The 2,5mg pills you get here were too high dosed for me. I only needed about 1-1,5mg for total relief and one 2,5mg pill made me forget half the day I took it.
It just has not much recreational potential, nearly no recognizable sedation etc. which why I think some people used to Diazepam or Clonazepam do not find it effective.

If 10mg of Ativan isn't getting you high, I'd stay the HELL away from benzos.
10mg of Ativan is considered a VERY high dose, esp taking it in one dose.

10mg of Ativan is equivalent to 5mg of Xanax/Klonopin.

I have a pretty high benzo tolerance, today I took 2mg Klonopin and 4mg Xanax and I'm shitfaced BEYOND high.
I know I took too much, cuz I can't even see straight right now, nodding hard.

I do feel good, of course that's the definition of being high.

But I WILL NOT take a high dose of benzos like I did today.
2mg of each, will get me high.
1mg of each will give me a buzz.

Someone correct me, but if somebody was having a bad trip, 10 Mg would be a dose that would calm them down. Is that correct? Just wondering. Nobody needs 10 Mg of Ativan, unless they are mental or something.

Lorazepam is pretty damn weak. My first time I ever did it though, I took 6 mg and blacked out and apparently babbled to my parents about cereal and my old barbie toys. Years later once I had an alright tolerance and 5 mg or so was a good starting dose. I think it's the weakest of all benzo and the duration is so short. It does hit fast though, I will say that. 10 mg is too high and I would move on to another fucking drug in that case, fuck that noise!

I agree with Venrak. 10mg of Lorazepam is just way too much. Talk to your doctor.

And Xanax XR: I guess you have a very high tolerance to Benzos? Because from my experience Lorazepam is a very efficient anxiety med, similar to Alprazolam.
The 2,5mg pills you get here were too high dosed for me. I only needed about 1-1,5mg for total relief and one 2,5mg pill made me forget half the day I took it.
It just has not much recreational potential, nearly no recognizable sedation etc. which why I think some people used to Diazepam or Clonazepam do not find it effective.

Well, this was when I had no tolerance -- ativan still does nothing for me to this day.

Get a new benzodiazepine. Some stink while other benzos are great. If your taking for anxiety that is all the time, you need a long acting benzo like clonazepam , if once in a while you get hit with overwhelming panic attacks, Xanax may be for you. We are only giving suggestions that you need to talk to your doctor about. Be open and honest.

I wonder why some people don't feel lorazepam AT ALL (wakes me up more than anything, it almost acts as an anxiogenic drug) but can feel any other benzo with no problems.

Actually people under estimate the the strength of Ativan.
Just because Xanax is more potent than Ativan, that Doesn't mean that Ativan is a weak benzo.
It's actually one of the 'potent' Benzodiazepines.

0.5mg Klonopin = 0.5 Xanax = 1mg Ativan = 10mg Valium.

We all know those are the most common and most popular Benzodiazepines.
Klonopin and Xanax are EXTREMELY potent Benzodiazepines. Ativan and Valium are VERY potent Benzodiazepines.

As you can see, the difference is from Extremely potent to very potent Benzodiazepines.

Obviously VERY potent Benzodiazepines are VERY potent.

Definition of a pretty weak Benzodiazepine is Librium.

Don't under estimate the strength of Ativan.

To me Ativan is the most recreational benzo. (I didn't try temazepam, I heard people say it's the best). It almost gives you an opiate like chill, if you take a high dosage. If you want to take it for as a medication then of course take it as the doc ordered. If you want a ticket for the ChillTrain, always keep your benzo tolerance in mind.

For example I take 8 mgs of Xanax everyday or 10 if I want to get fucked up, I only used Ativan to get fucked up, never as a medicaton and my dose was 25 mgs. But if you have no benzo tolerance don't even go near to that amount. Start with a low dose (just a little bit more than what your are taking now and then if you're not feeling it, pop some more. At some point you will get that "butterflies in my stomach, I need worldpeace" feeling, and a mild euphory.

Be safe, have fun!

I used to take it for work, I liked that it calmed me down a bit, but it did not slow me down at all, unlike xanax, or k-pins. Everyone's different, if 10mgs is not working for you though, you need a new drug. Joining the chorus, talk to your doctor.

Holy fuckballs! 25mg of Ativan?!!?
That'll put me to sleep for 3 days.

Weird, I can't even feel 25mg of lorazepam. I used to take 3-15mg of klons a day and for a small moment, 20-30mg of xanax and/or klonopin a day. This is with a lower tolerance, as in, I can feel pretty good off 1 or 2mg.