• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Heroin How many units of water to use when shooting dope?

debrutsid911

Greenlighter
I have 1 gram of Heroin and 30 unit needles. I was wondering how much of that gram i should do and how many units of water i should use with it? i dont want to guess on my own and end up hurting myself. thanks

It's basically impossible to answer your question without being there. How much you should do depends in large part on how good it is and what your opiate tolerance is like. Both of which none of us can determine. We'd definitely need more info to help at all.
Personally, I try to avoid those 30 unit ones. I usually use 40-60ml's of water in my shot. I'm not recommending that amount. It's just what works for me and the dope I get. With those you've gotta use probably 25 at the most, so you have some space to draw back. If they're gonna work for you, it's gotta be some real soluble gear. If you can, I'd grab a 10 pack of 1cc's or at least halves.

technically, you probably have enough equipment to do it all w/out having to reuse anything... that's probably not the question. some people prefer the half-sized (.50cc), but most people seem to still use the 1cc regardless. like the above poster said, 30-unit could be more difficult depending on solubility and some other factors.

Tar or powder? The 30u syringes usually have pretty small gauge needles= not that awesome for tar. What's the gauge? What have you done in the past?

I always eyeballed the amount of water to use. Never measuring anything out. Just took how much tar would look like a good dose and fill syringe with water and squirt over the tar using a less water is better approach. I always tried to make it as thick as I could and still have it go through a 27g needle. It's been a while so I'm guessing at maybe a 50/50 volume ratio.

I guess a 27g needle is reasonable, I just ran into some people with 30u syringes that had 30g needles= not gonna work very well. I am going to have to defer on the water ratio w/ tar- I'm not overly familiar with it. I feel like I've heard that the more water the better with that, though...others?

For me a 27g point is mandatory. I tried 28g once because the needle exchange recommended them for whatever reason I can't recall, but it was more work than it was worth. 30g? Forget it.

As far as the more water the better argument I would direct you to this thread. I'm still hoping for some expert insight on the subject.

Dilution is very important with iv use. Especially if your using cotton instead of a micron filter, there can still be cuts and other harmful contaminants and diluting the shot well can slightly reduce the risk they pose. I have no idea the quality of your dope or your tolerance, so i would say start with a little less than a point (the dope we get here is good, so Im used to people new to iv use starting small) and fill the needle up 3/4 of the way with water. If your sure you hit and you dont feel it within a minute or two, grab a new rig, find a new spot on the vein, and slam another point. Be safe and be sure to let us know how it goes.

If you are gonna do the step up method, and do another shot if you don't feel the first small one, please make sure to re-register a couple times while injecting. If you're gonna do another one within a little while after the first, you've gotta make SURE you hit.
By re-registering I mean, after you first register in vein, by seeing that shot of blood, inject 20 or so ml's, then pull back and see that blood again. I usually do it twice per shot. That way you ensure you haven't either poked through the vein, pulled out, or had it roll. I've seen shakey hands lose it many times.
Also, if you feel burning at any time during injecting, stop, and make sure everything's right. You should not feel a burning sensation.
I say this because dropping a hit shot on top of a missed one could be real bad. That in vein shot can end up rushing through your bloodstream at the same time the missed shot is starting to seep in and hit you as well. If the shots are weak enough, it might be OK. If not..... Be careful with that shit. We still don't know what you're dealing with.

I use the 1cc syringes and fill it almost to the top each time. Because most likely you will lose a couple units, plus more water never hurt for absorbtion. I just make sure to leave some space so I can pull back and make sure I registered.

I use 100cc rig and bewteen 30 and 40cc for half gram about 90 for gram so yea that's about right...I got alil under half g left for the morning before work I was thinking how much water im gonna use cause I need it to carry me thru the day till I get outta work....Im thinking less water will make it hit me harder so idk what would u use?