• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Bupe How many days does methadone stay in system if taken for 5 days at low doses?

Gordon

Bluelighter
If anybody can give their experience and opinion I would welcome that. I have a urine test coming up Thursday evening, I've taken methadone for the last 4 days at no more then 30mgs. I figured if I take 25mg-15mg of methadone on Saturday evening - then by Thursday it'll be all gone?

P.S would it be ok to take bup 24 hours after last dose of methadone at 25mgs? considering I would have only taken methadone for 5 days below 30mgs.

Cheers guys!

Good luck, but 30mgs isn't a low dose......also, your thread will be closed because these questions aren't allowed.

Well, what I do know is they need better than your average 5-6 panel test to check for methadone. It doesnt come up as an opiate, so I bet most likely it wont even matter...

It depends. The withdraws last about 10-15 days, extremely intense for the first 4-7 days. If you have been using it for long periods it can take at least a full week IMO/E.

Methadone detox is the longest, most annoying, painful, and worst of all a total mindfuck that can last multiple weeks. In my opinion its the most harmful thing mentally and even physically one can go through in life. You will never find someone who was hooked on methadone say it WAS NOT the worst thing theyve ever been through.

In my opinion if the United States has a terrorist captured and they want him to talk... Get him strung out on 200mg methadone for a month or so. Then pull him off it cold turkey, with no bed and loud annoying music playing... then wave the methadone around in front of him like a dog..... He'll talk, ohhh he'll talk.

No it would NOT be good to take bupe 24 hours after methadone. I understand you are not using methadone chronically but even so over those 5 days with half lives figured in,'you WILL go into precip wd

Well I've taken the sub and have had no symptoms or PW. This was 4 hours ago, surely they would have started by now? maybe because I take methadone ocassionally to help with pain and low doses -hence why I do not get any symptoms. I've never had PWs in my life, even when I used heroin/opiates/tramadol on top of bup I never felt any symptoms, I've even taken bup 5 hours after dope and never felt bad. Maybe my metabolism, biological makeup and regular excercise has a lot to do with it, maybe because I do not do short acting opiates regularly nor the methadone, that I come away scott free when it comes to alternating sub, meth and opiates, who knows. But for now am not feeling any symptoms. I took 20/25mgs of methadone 28 hours ago, then 2mgs of bup, here I am 4 hours later with no symptoms at all. I've also come off a 8 year bup habbit without much withdrawals, I recovered in 2 weeks and even then that was not bad, so I do believe am one of those lucky ones who has certain body chemistry that I get less withdrawals then others.

What I plan to do now is alternate between bup and methadone, take sub for 1 or 2 weeks then methadone for a week, so on, that way I can save some bup to taper later and also save meth, I want to do this so during the Summer my knee pain is in order with the methadone, and so I can comfortably continue doing my sports and cardio.