• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Heroin How long will monkey water last in an oral syringe?

RainDogtheCat

Bluelighter
So i made some monkey water (black tar liquid) and put it in an oral syringe. Just been taking a bit here and their throughout the day, but just wondering if any of you guys think it would be alright to leave in the syringe like overnight? I still have some left and can't use it all today. I'm not a scientist obviously so do you think the solution will be fine sitting for awhile? Thanks

Heroin degrades rapidly into Morphine in aqueous solution.

So i made some monkey water (black tar liquid) and put it in an oral syringe. Just been taking a bit here and their throughout the day, but just wondering if any of you guys think it would be alright to leave in the syringe like overnight? I still have some left and can't use it all today. I'm not a scientist obviously so do you think the solution will be fine sitting for awhile? Thanks
Yes, it should be fine. Letting it sit overnight won't cause the majority of heroin to convert to 6-MAM via hydrolysis in the presence of water. The pH level might influence this factor a bit, but it's nothing to worry about. As you are not injecting the solution you also don't have to be overtly concerned with the stagnant solution promoting bacteria growth to levels too dangerous to consume. Save it and enjoy another time :)

Heroin degrades rapidly into Morphine in aqueous solution.
Highly dependent on conditions, although I think "rapidly" is overstating the case.

Spontaneous hydrolysis of heroin in buffered solution.

Electron-capture gas-liquid chromatography was used to study the spontaneous hydrolysis of heroin in phosphate buffer (pH 6.4 and pH 7.4) at 23 degrees C. Aliquots of solution were taken over a 24-h period. After extraction at pH 8.9 into propan-2-ol (10%)-ethyl acetate, deacetylated products were made into hepafluorobutyrate derivatives which were analyzed quantitatively using nalorphine as the internal standard. Heroin decomposes to 06-monoacetylmorphine (06-MAM) under these conditions. Further decomposition to morphine was not observed. Spontaneous hydrolysis was faster at pH 7.4 (first-order rate constant, 9.6 x 10-5 min-1) than at pH 6.4 (first-order rate constant, 3.0 x 10-5 min-1). In 24 h, the decomposition to 06-MAM was 13 and 4%, respectively.

Last edited: