• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Bupe how long will a little over 2mg suboxone block opiates in my system?

spyro11

Greenlighter
I have a very fast metabolism, and I DONT regularly take suboxone, but one day recently I took a third of a strip of suboxone 8mg within the span of a day and one small piece the next morning. I wasted a lot of stuff trying already, and dont want to waste what little I Have left on nothing.

my calculations estimate that at a half life of 37.5 hours, and having my last dose on monday at about 2:30 pm, it should take a whopping 228 hours to get the levels in my bloodstream down to about 1.25%, which wouldnt nearly fully block it, but probably still partially would and after 300 hours only .260% would be left.

I Was really hoping to use my days off to get high, but apparantly it doesnt look like it will possible by friday or saturday.

do you guys think the blocking effect will be at least mostly done with by friday or saturday? or should I just aim for next week entirely and not waste any more. Usually I wait about a day and im good to go since I dont do it, but I think by re dosing on pieces of sub the first day I kind of screwed myself. I cut about a third of an 8mg off, and took small pieces throughout the day. probably a little bit over 2mg by monday.

it shouldn't take that long man holy crap you only did 4mgs or so didn't you??? if I do 4 mgs one day the next I can get high on dope and im on bupe daily but I have a real fast metabolism bupe dosesnt even keep me well for 12 hours I need to dose every 6 hours to stay normal and well no cold / hot flashes or aches and pains

it shouldn't take that long man holy crap you only did 4mgs or so didn't you??? if I do 4 mgs one day the next I can get high on dope and im on bupe daily but I have a real fast metabolism bupe dosesnt even keep me well for 12 hours I need to dose every 6 hours to stay normal and well no cold / hot flashes or aches and pains

from what Ive been reading the half life is 36 hours or 37.5 so by today I should only have like a little over a me milligram in my system, and may be able to get high, I may risk the last of the fent tonight,

I just have not been sure when the blockade ends, at what level is it ineffective, so I assumed it had to be under a milligram, which would take awhile..

today, after the 24 hour mark, I smoked a square, after chewing some this morning, to little effect. so i decided to wait it out, and am a slight bit paranoid about how long this shit sticks in my receptors

That's bizarre. I can get high on H or oxy 24 hours after taking 2 - 4mg bupe, and last time I got high on fentanyl I managed it less than 24 hours after taking 12mg of bupe.

You shouldn't be experiencing any blockage at this point, my suspicion would be the issue is either metabolic or related to your product/dose.

Yea is bizzare your body must be slow to process drugs. Guess you'll have to wait another day or so.

If I've taken less than 2mg in the last 24 hours I can get a pretty good high about 20 hours after last dose. If I use again the next day I pretty much get the full high. I am injecting so that might break through easier.

I don't know where you're getting 300 hours. 240 hours is a full 10 days and you shouldn't have any sub in your system after that long

2mg isn't even enough to fully block other opioids, depending on your neuro-chemistry, you may be able to use opioids uninhibited, and at worst, 24-36 hours later you'll be fine. Remember, low doses of buprenorphine don't appreciably block other opioids, though 2mg is the dose at which it will start to reduce the effects of other full agonist opioids.

yea I have been on suboxone for 6 years, from past experiences it would honestly take a full 24 hours before I could get a good nod/itch. I know different drugs affect different people in different ways...and as the time goes by since my last sub dose I get higher and higher (obviously)

In my experience it's hit or miss sometimes I usually wait 24 hours after 4 mg and then take oxy and sometimes I get high as shit and some times I barely feel anything and the longer I've been on sub the harder it's getting to get high it'sact a good thing for me cause I was always switching back and fourth to get high but it's starting to become not even worth it because I feel better on the sub now anyways but waiting 10 days is over kill at most I'd say 36 hours

from what Ive been reading the half life is 36 hours or 37.5 so by today I should only have like a little over a me milligram in my system, and may be able to get high, I may risk the last of the fent tonight,

I just have not been sure when the blockade ends, at what level is it ineffective, so I assumed it had to be under a milligram, which would take awhile..

today, after the 24 hour mark, I smoked a square, after chewing some this morning, to little effect. so i decided to wait it out, and am a slight bit paranoid about how long this shit sticks in my receptors
You also have to remember that the bioavailability for buprenorphine taken sublingually is , I believe, only 30%. Therefore only about a third of the dose you took was actually absorbed.